The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Not sure how true this is but they should at least hang on to Lloyd imo. Just give him a good partner. (I don’t mind creech, just seems a bit inexperienced).

Fwiw, last time I heard Lloyd on the post game show he was excellent. He’s at least very good at pre and post game.
They’ve tried it and Steve continues to struggle

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Late drive in for me this morning and caught the first 10 minutes or so of Lloyd and AJ... was really good as AJ talked about the team Canada soccer win over US two nights ago, and in particular he was quite knowledgable about what Canada has to do to qualify for the world cup.

IMO, he's got that grumpy/edgy persona that Versage is trying to go for, but somehow it works much better for AJ. I really think they should find a permanent spot for him on one of the daytime shows.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Late drive in for me this morning and caught the first 10 minutes or so of Lloyd and AJ... was really good as AJ talked about the team Canada soccer win over US two nights ago, and in particular he was quite knowledgable about what Canada has to do to qualify for the world cup.

IMO, he's got that grumpy/edgy persona that Versage is trying to go for, but somehow it works much better for AJ. I really think they should find a permanent spot for him on one of the daytime shows.

To my ear, AJ comes off as authentic, Versage completely contrived.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Just to clarify, I had made my post last night a bit too soon as they introduction to the pre game show only introduced Callum and nobody else. I quickly assumed he was going to run the show on his own which they have done with AJ on post game shows before.

I left and came back and when I turned in, I believe Creech and Smith were part of the pre game show so it was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. I thought the pre game show was actually really good and did not really stray off topic and become a big inside joke, CF did a good job and I think they are grooming him for the long term.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Just to clarify, I had made my post last night a bit too soon as they introduction to the pre game show only introduced Callum and nobody else. I quickly assumed he was going to run the show on his own which they have done with AJ on post game shows before.

I left and came back and when I turned in, I believe Creech and Smith were part of the pre game show so it was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. I thought the pre game show was actually really good and did not really stray off topic and become a big inside joke, CF did a good job and I think they are grooming him for the long term.

Some times younger people who don't rely on gimmicks/catch phrases and don't have the confidence to ramble about their off topic personal lives give you the best signal to noise ratio. They may also prep a little more earnestly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Steve continues to say stupid things and doesn’t stay on topic and keeps getting off track during the show

This is true. When I’ve listened to In The Box, i have noticed that. When Methot filled in recently, they were talking about red lobster, and Methot was the one who had to get things back on track. It’s not the only time I’ve noticed that either. Too much off topic stuff on TSN 1200. People don’t tune in to listen to that.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
This is true. When I’ve listened to In The Box, i have noticed that. When Methot filled in recently, they were talking about red lobster, and Methot was the one who had to get things back on track. It’s not the only time I’ve noticed that either. Too much off topic stuff on TSN 1200. People don’t tune in to listen to that.
Z

Last edited:

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
TSN1200's problem isn't really the on air staff, it's they have most their eggs in the Sens basket and with the Sens having issues with fans in the city it reflects back on the station. The station has to walk a thin line they can't take Sens management on issue or they alinate fans and if they take the fans side they alinate Sens management. If they upset management too much they risk limited access to the team and possible losing the right. I won't be surprised if Melynk didn't let Pierre D hire Shawn Simpson as a GM becuase he didn't like how Simpson often speaks negativily about the team.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Some times younger people who don't rely on gimmicks/catch phrases and don't have the confidence to ramble about their off topic personal lives give you the best signal to noise ratio. They may also prep a little more earnestly.
This is why battle of the Atlantic is so good, 3 in the Key, and the weekend are so good.

Anyone heard if 3 in the Key is still a thing? Looks like they don't have a budget anymore for the Weekend show. Still was the best show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad