The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I honestly think Saturday night's pregame show skyrocketed Dean Brown to the top of my list of most unlistenable people on the station. And that's saying something. He went on a thinly vailed tirade defending Dorion, saying that it took Zibanejad SEVEN YEARS to become decent and that he's only had ONE good season (emphasis his).

Like, honestly, get out.

Yup. He's fully cemented himself as a complete moron if he believes that shit.

Even if everything he said is true, the trade was still shit. Mika's potential alone was worth more than Brassard, let alone the fact he was already a 20G ~50pt centre in this league.

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup. He's fully cemented himself as a complete moron if he believes that ****.

Even if everything he said is true, the trade was still ****. Mika's potential alone was worth more than Brassard, let alone the fact he was already a 20G ~50pt centre in this league.
Lee Versage also not a fan of zibanejad saying he only scores unimportant goals. Like empty netters and padding the score against weak teams etc.
He’s said that kind of stuff a few times. Not a great evaluater of talent. Course that’s not what he gets paid for.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
He's terrible, like really really really bad. He holds such a high regard for his own opinion.

He's a prolific ass kisser.

Dean Brown is such a blowhard. Strikes me as the kind of guy who refers to himself in the third person because he loves hearing about himself so much.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
With Zibby, I felt he had consistency issues while he was here, but he was young, so it wasn’t a huge surprise. When you trade away a 23 year old potential number one centre, it can come back to haunt you. That’s exactly what happened.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
As for Lee Vesage, you guys make it out like he is negative 80 percent of the time when in actuality he has good conversations the majority of the time. I still prefer him to Simmer having a sports conversation with Ian.

Reactions: Tuna99

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Cuts are often based on contracts more than performance.

I imagine almost every radio and newspaper employee is nervous these days.

A friend got out of sportswriting in the States years ago when he was recruited for a corporate job. I'm sure many of them would like such an opportunity today.
They’ve changed it to performance base

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah a family friend works for bell media. And they said that bell media has received to many complaints about them and are starting to loose money and listeners

Starting? This is a dying industry, if Bell thinks that the hosts are the issue then there is another, much bigger, problem at the top.

Reactions: Tighthead

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Apparently they’re looking at letting go of graham, and Steve Lloyd
Not sure how true this is but they should at least hang on to Lloyd imo. Just give him a good partner. (I don’t mind creech, just seems a bit inexperienced).

Fwiw, last time I heard Lloyd on the post game show he was excellent. He’s at least very good at pre and post game.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
They have informed Steve Lloyd and graham that they are being let go at the end of October.
Everyone else was let go instantly in other firings. Steve Warne was there for ages and they just let him go like that. Why do they get the nice treatment? Unless you know them I don't see how you could know that.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
Do you really think they listen to what is said on hockey forums? You don't think the management at TSN 1200 can't evaluate for themselves?
Not on here, I meant by losing listeners or ads. Obviously, listeners don't really matter especially how some love to talk down to listeners. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
For Pierre Dorion:

Hey Pierre,

I get the rebuild and agree it was needed. But you gotta give us more of the plan, I don’t need to see the internal papers, but a few minutes speaking to some of the key prospects and their development would go a long way to making me realize what is going on. If the kids are alright why are they healthy scratches in Bingo and why are their agents kicking up dust.

Something along the lines of key prospects and their development curve:

Josh Norris - ‘hasn’t played a ton of hockey recently so we want to break him into the AHL and make his way up the lineup when guys like Logan and Chlapik make it in Ottawa. We like him for his size, we are building a big team, we see him as a 2nd / 3rd / 4th line center. Needs to work on his shot / skating / awareness.

Batherson - explain why he has stalled and looks slow and confused. Is he the Cody Ceci of our forwards - amazing first 10 games and then slowly overhwlemed? What’s up with him, he’s a key prospect.

Jonathan Davidsson - wasn’t he supposed to be next to NHL ready. What type of player is he?

Gustavsson - is he being groomed to be a backup? That’s okay, but why isn’t he starting games on Belleville?

Logan Brown - he looks good to me, and what does Bobby Ryan do for a PP this kid can’t do? If Abramov can develop at 10 minutes a night in the NHL, why can’t Logan?

Let’s go - we keep hearing about the plan, but last year you said you had multiple plans and the owner said you had a plan all along to trade Stone and EK. I don’t listen to poo-jeans, I listen to you because you understand hockey. Explain the plan, don’t just say we have a plan, lay it out for us. I need more then what’s been explained.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Last season I didn't watch more than25 minutes in Total. This season I watched maybe 3 minutes just because. I used to like listening to the pre and post game shows a and would always have The Drive on. Now i don't pay all that much attention to them. This is probably why the listenership has gone down with the station and not the job the hosts are doing. I don't care about listening to hosts make up new angles to talk about this basement of a franchise. The station is just not part of my routine anymore and I attribute that to mostly the Sens.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
Heard on TSN 1200 a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning from the one and only Dean Brown...

"... the best D partner EK ever had with the Sens is probably Mark Borowiecki because he's the one who better understood his role and played within his limits..." or something to that effect.

I mean, how clueless can someone be? Just mind boggling if you ask me.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Heard on TSN 1200 a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning from the one and only Dean Brown...

"... the best D partner EK ever had with the Sens is probably Mark Borowiecki because he's the one who better understood his role and played within his limits..." or something to that effect.

This is why they’ve been looking at replacing dean and Gord

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I heard he listens to recordings of himself talking to help with insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad