The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Lee and Ian have the best chemistry together. they know what each other is talking about and he is able to hold his own.
One of the mornings this week, I think it was Monday, Ian and AJ were on In The Box together and they had very good chemistry. I think they'd make a good full time duo.

Reactions: Icelevel

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ottawa sports anchors need to listen to leafs lunch and over drive and mimic them. It really isn't hard to talk just flat out sports for a few hours. Now i know toronto has more sports teams but i don't see why they can't talk more raptors and bluejays if required as there are a ton of fans in ottawa. Of course this requires a lot of these guys to do their homework on teams and leagues but thats part of the job

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
"We're going to be very exciting to watch this year."

Says DJ understands "The plan."

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Just listen the interview, good interview by Dorion he don t said nothing crazy. He seem to know how rebuild this team properly.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He seem to know how rebuild this team properly.
giphy.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

We shall see. I think it is fair to say if it was up to him we'd still have at least Karlsson and Stone.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm vehemently anti-tank and I currently am pretty pumped for this season so I think the GM has been able to set up things rather well considering how bad he is at trades (on top of having to sell picks for cash) and that his boss is climbing up the charts of "worst NHL owner of all-time".

Last edited:

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
JR and simmer were bringing it. They asked the tough questions and to Dorions credit, he didn’t shy away from any of them. Good interview.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
JR and simmer were bringing it. They asked the tough questions and to Dorions credit, he didn’t shy away from any of them. Good interview.

We're there anymore 3 to 5 second brain freezes where he comes up with a lie as we have seen the last few times? Love those personally!

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
We're there anymore 3 to 5 second brain freezes where he comes up with a lie as we have seen the last few times? Love those personally!

There was. Simmer asked him point blank who had the better camp, Logan Brown or Drake Batherson. And there was an awkwardly long pause before he answered that Drake probably was better early on but then maybe brown but probably drake overall.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
There was. Simmer asked him point blank who had the better camp, Logan Brown or Drake Batherson. And there was an awkwardly long pause before he answered that Drake probably was better early on but then maybe brown but probably drake overall.

Will check it out when I have time then for the comedy, lord knows I personally don't believe nor trust a single word out of his mouth in regards to anything Sens related.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I heard them replay that at about 9:45, and the pause was so long I honestly thought the broadcast had cut out.

Was very reminiscent of his response on HNIC last year where it took him several seconds to come up with "Because we're a team!"

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Ottawa sports anchors need to listen to leafs lunch and over drive and mimic them. It really isn't hard to talk just flat out sports for a few hours. Now i know toronto has more sports teams but i don't see why they can't talk more raptors and bluejays if required as there are a ton of fans in ottawa. Of course this requires a lot of these guys to do their homework on teams and leagues but thats part of the job
I agree they also needs to find replacements for graham Steve And Matt and Aj I’ve noticed that a lot less people listen to the radio when any of them are on so it would be best for bell media to listen to what the listeners say because they are the ones that keep the station going

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I agree they also needs to find replacements for graham Steve And Matt and Aj I’ve noticed that a lot less people listen to the radio when any of them are on so it would be best for bell media to listen to what the listeners say because they are the ones that keep the station going
How would you notice that? I don't even understand what you wrote.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
How would you notice that? I don't even understand what you wrote.
What it means is the radio station looses thousands of listeners when Steve Lloyd, and Aj are on and it’s starting to hurt business which is why they’ve been cutting shows and staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad