The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Please explain the rest of the conspiracy theroy .....

11898910_1491479494497254_2798966076505705607_n.jpg

Reactions: Stylizer1

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I am not a big fan of TGOR but have to admit they really stepped up their game today! Lots of frank discussion about our UFAs and ownership's ability to spend money. Thought it was quite refreshing for a change!! Keep it up TGOR!!

New Pet Peeve - the constant ribbing of Todd White.
Unfortunately, one good day is all we get. The last two have been rough. Perfect example of no prep work done by a radio show would have been the first segment during the 7:00 hour.

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
I think what it comes down to is show prep and who does it, and how it's done. Flipping through headlines and looking for evidence to back up an argument with stats are very different. I don't think just having an opinion on a topic is enough to keep the average listener engaged anymore.
You are completly right that is why Ian Mendes is great because he does the work and carried the Drive.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
The drive is soooo much better with 3 voices.
I wonder if that is why all the shows are bring in their procedure / upd date guymore on the air. Thought another reason why they bring Creech and Bunda in so often on the air during the week is to build an audience for the weekend show. I wouldn't mind some changes in the line ups. I thought Todd White did pretty well filling in on TGOR. As much as I admire Steve Warne for what he does Ausitim and is obvisously an great Dad, he can't carry a show when he is the main host.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I wonder if that is why all the shows are bring in their procedure / upd date guymore on the air. Thought another reason why they bring Creech and Bunda in so often on the air during the week is to build an audience for the weekend show. I wouldn't mind some changes in the line ups. I thought Todd White did pretty well filling in on TGOR. As much as I admire Steve Warne for what he does Ausitim and is obvisously an great Dad, he can't carry a show when he is the main host.
No offense but Steve Warne and lee versage af the worst at the station

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
@ianmendes Where do you think the leaked numbers re: Duchene and Stone are coming from?

Dreger tweeted 8-9+ ballpark for Duchene
Kypreos reported 8 for Duchene
Friedman reported more for Stone

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It’s graham not creecher. And he seems to struggle a lot

Struggling how?

Maintaining good audio levels? Not cutting away to commercial too soon? Keeping the show timed and on track?

Seems he's pretty good at all that kind of stuff which is you know, the bulk of his job.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Struggling how?

Maintaining good audio levels? Not cutting away to commercial too soon? Keeping the show timed and on track?

Seems he's pretty good at all that kind of stuff which is you know, the bulk of his job.
Also his job is to speak like an adult and not use stupid words like tickled twine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad