The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Eugene Melnyk just had the biggest real estate development in the history of the city of Ottawa in the palm of his hand and even found a way to screw that up while also holding the city hostage on the project for 4 years so yes every shot given by anyone including Jim Watson is well deserved.

I hope that Cowen guy he mentioned pans out though.
You can go to the Lebreton thread if you want. But it takes two to tango

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
My takeaways:

POSITIVES

1. He knows the fans are "pissed". Terrible communication. That is positive that he isn't "disconnected" as many continue to say
2. Love the shot at the mayor, but that's just me. And he is 100% justified to say what he did
3. He wants to win, and is committed to the city and the team
4. Whether fans go or not, i like that. Means he is not going to let ticket revenue dictate his commitment
5. Will pay this core because he really believes in it. Hope he is right. Mentioned the right kind of numbers
6. Dorion is clearly on notice.

MEH:

1. The Leafs stuff, thought it was funny, and he isn't wrong. I just wouldn't criticize other teams as an owner
2. A new arena, nothing interesting here of things that weren't out there

NEGATIVES:

1. Mendes shot. He can believe it, and in my opinion, he isn't completely wrong. That's just me. I just wouldn't have said it.

It is time for action, not words. Take care of Chabot this summer will go a long way
Nope...hes an a#@%^^e. But thanks for your 2 cents

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That's quite the deflection.

Proved you wrong, so you attack me instead. Sad.

Proved me wrong how? I was simply guessing on why he said what he said.

And just how did I attack you? I told you people will see his comments as either sour grapes or moving on. Erik Karlsson gets traded, and some are like "Erik is a problem" (sour grapes), and others are "oh God no, hopefully the trade works out" (moving on). Then there are others who cannot accept it.

Not sure you feel you were attacked. It seems to me that you have not, cannot accept anything that has transpired. If I', wrong, then I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad