The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Every time Pierre Maguire says "Kristopher Letang," God plucks another hair off Phil Kessels head.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah we were talking about how lee versage is causing people to not listen to the station anymore
Just because you don't like his opinion doesn't mean they aren'tvalid. Lowell Green had terrible opinions but that didn't mean his show wasn't good. He made you want to call in and argue with him. Leever can carry his own on the radio and does a really good job hosting when called upon. I like that some of his conversations get heated because more information get brought up. He is clear and to the point and doesn't sit on the fence, plus his sports knowledge is top notch. Like I've said before Ian and Leever have great chemistry because they are the same age and took in sports the same so they don't have to worry about the other one not getting a reference.

Reactions: Simplicity

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
As a long time listener of the Team 1200 and all it's hosts , I understand they have to have working relationship's with the franchises in order to get access and cover the teams.

However for talk radio station in Ottawa they need a house cleaning and total rebuild and new programming director. Fresh new blood and hosts that will ask the tough questions and be entertaining.I wonder if they even have decent sources or know how to do some investigative reporting.

Also variety of different shows and hosts who have some balls, ones who are not afraid to call a spade a spade but has the brains to back it up.

I can't believe that TSN thinks the product on TSN 1200 is anywhere near their other stations , being in ex-sens and NHL players , excutives , GM's some old TSN hosts and some real personalities.

Simmer down Ian Mendes, Gordy Wilson and Dean Brown noser need their microphones retired. They try and act so politcally correct it's annoying.These guys are more tuned in then they let on but are more worried about what they should say and how they should say it then being real anymore.

No need to throw the Hosts under the bus they are just simply not qualified to provide quality entertainment that brings value.

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
As a long time listener of the Team 1200 and all it's hosts , I understand they have to have working relationship's with the franchises in order to get access and cover the teams.

However for talk radio station in Ottawa they need a house cleaning and total rebuild and new programming director. Fresh new blood and hosts that will ask the tough questions and be entertaining.I wonder if they even have decent sources or know how to do some investigative reporting.

Also variety of different shows and hosts who have some balls, ones who are not afraid to call a spade a spade but has the brains to back it up.

I can't believe that TSN thinks the product on TSN 1200 is anywhere near their other stations , being in ex-sens and NHL players , excutives , GM's some old TSN hosts and some real personalities.

Simmer down Ian Mendes, Gordy Wilson and Dean Brown noser need their microphones retired. They try and act so politcally correct it's annoying.These guys are more tuned in then they let on but are more worried about what they should say and how they should say it then being real anymore.

No need to throw the Hosts under the bus they are just simply not qualified to provide quality entertainment that brings value.
They should also look at replacing Matt kaunisvita and Graham Creech it’s s real struggle for them to

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
They should also look at replacing Matt kaunisvita and Graham Creech it’s s real struggle for them to
What the hell are you talking about?

You like a few other now missing in action posters signed up to rip on the station. You really shouldn't be listening to the station at all.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Aj jakubec to and his attempts at rants it’s laughable

My TSN1200 includes AJ. I wouldn't keep many, but I'd keep him. Maybe the rant thing needs to be dialed back a bit; they were entertaining back in the day, particularly regarding OHL refereeing, but maybe it's gone to his head a bit. I like his versatility too; he does pretty much every sport, including soccer and CFL.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Im no fan of Dean Brown and Gord Wilson, but I think Mendes is a fantastic host. Simpson has his shtick and it is what it is.

Steve Loyd is great too. Hell I even like me some AJ Jakubec and Lee Versage.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
My TSN1200 includes AJ. I wouldn't keep many, but I'd keep him. Maybe the rant thing needs to be dialed back a bit; they were entertaining back in the day, particularly regarding OHL refereeing, but maybe it's gone to his head a bit. I like his versatility too; he does pretty much every sport, including soccer and CFL.
I don't mind AJ either, he is actually one of the few hosts on the station that I don't mind. He really does have a vast kno

As for the rest of the station, whether you enjoy the content or not, you gotta admit, it is in dire need of some change. Nothing, and really, absolutely nothing has changed in like 3-4 years. Same shows, same lame jokes, same inside jokes, same intro music, same opinions, just really nothing too exciting anymore. Even the "TSN Insiders" appearances are dull and boring. The station needs a rebuild more than the hockey team does.

I think Steve Lloyd is a good host, but he needs to be taken away from Todd White, or AJ.
I feel the same about Mendes, great at what he does, but he probably spends way too much time trying to keep Simmer in line.
I really enjoyed the days when JR and Galley hosted the drive home show, but even JR has taken a nose dive in the past few years.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
The only show I'm really a fan of is The Drive. Mendes and Simmer work well together and I really like the insight Simmer offers that others can't.

I still really miss the days when we had Jim Rome in the early afternoon. Something like JR, White, Lloyd in the morning - Jim Rome - The Drive, would be fantastic.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
@ianmendes
You guys seriously need to ask the tough questions. It's pathetic the stuff that the team gets away with. Pierre Dorion hasn't had to answer for anything. Bruce Garrioch also needs to be grilled too. He's a worm. Literally the Mouth of Sauron. He has poisoned the fanbase with his misinformation for years. He is assisting in the demise of this team. I hope he doesn't get let off the hook.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Pierre Dorion hasn't had to answer for anything
Pierre Dorion hasn't been seen in months, have only heard from him in carefully crafted press release "statements", can't really fault the station for not grilling him when they don't even have an opportunity to talk to him.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Anyone who thinks that Ian Mendes isn't excellent at his job needs to delete their account my goodness. That's insane. He's by far the most informed and likeable host the station has had on air since the inception of OSR.

Now Versage on the other hand...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Part of the disconnect with the fan/media relationship is the media plays along with the Sens BS about 'Dorion is working to find time to schedule a meeting with the agent to negoatite but there are planes involved and time zones and long distance phone calls.'

Like honestly, quit with the BS. Don't feed us the Sens PR line, just be straight and say 'if Dorion doesn't know what Stone and Duchene want by now, the owner should fire him because he's incompetent. These are their two best players and they've had a year to negotiate. This comes down to only two things, the players don't want to sign or Dorion doesn't have permission to cut the cheques, end of story. In both cases, the players will be traded. Swallow hard Sens fans, this is the reality of your club.'

Why do we have to get this truth from media in Toronto or Los Angeles or New York? Why do they speak the reality of Senators but our media can't speak this same truth. This isn't a fog of war, it's fog of stupid. It's seeing someone on a daily basis tell you a complete BS story, but you buy it, and reprint it. Like the Karlsson BS, offer him a contract and at the team photo they were actually friendly don't believe the other media that tells you they weren't - and EK comes out and says they didn't speak for 10 months. Of course the relationship is frosty, why pretend otherwise, that's the truth, why spin that truth if everyone in the community feels it and believes it. We will get the truth eventually, why the need to resssure Dorion and Melnyck that as reporters you have blinders on?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
And ther stories are always the same:

Going to negoatiate
Haven't started to negoatite, GM is busy
Think they are negoatiting
They did negoatite, it went well, but they need more time
They are suspending negoatitions, revisit it later, but it was positive
Player wants to play hockey, negoatition is a distraction
Club is busy, can't negoatite
GM is in Europe, agent is in California, looking for time
Working to Schedule meeting
GM wants to meet face to face
Working to meet face to face
Agent wouldn't give a straight answer
Player is traded

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Part of the disconnect with the fan/media relationship is the media plays along with the Sens BS about 'Dorion is working to find time to schedule a meeting with the agent to negoatite but there are planes involved and time zones and long distance phone calls.'

Like honestly, quit with the BS. Don't feed us the Sens PR line, just be straight and say 'if Dorion doesn't know what Stone and Duchene want by now, the owner should fire him because he's incompetent. These are their two best players and they've had a year to negotiate. This comes down to only two things, the players don't want to sign or Dorion doesn't have permission to cut the cheques, end of story. In both cases, the players will be traded. Swallow hard Sens fans, this is the reality of your club.'

Why do we have to get this truth from media in Toronto or Los Angeles or New York? Why do they speak the reality of Senators but our media can't speak this same truth. This isn't a fog of war, it's fog of stupid. It's seeing someone on a daily basis tell you a complete BS story, but you buy it, and reprint it. Like the Karlsson BS, offer him a contract and at the team photo they were actually friendly don't believe the other media that tells you they weren't - and EK comes out and says they didn't speak for 10 months. Of course the relationship is frosty, why pretend otherwise, that's the truth, why spin that truth if everyone in the community feels it and believes it. We will get the truth eventually, why the need to resssure Dorion and Melnyck that as reporters you have blinders on?
giphy (22).gif

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Got it from Calgary radio the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad