The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
I like Simmer's takes and the levity he brings, but does anyone else find it insanely annoying that the way he speaks is almost always by asking himself questions? "Do I think he's a star player? Not sure about that. But do I think he's a guy you want on your team? For sure."

Why not just say "I don't think he's a star player, but he's a guy you want on your team"?

Drives me nuts. Anyone else notice this?

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I like Simmer's takes and the levity he brings, but does anyone else find it insanely annoying that the way he speaks is almost always by asking himself questions? "Do I think he's a star player? Not sure about that. But do I think he's a guy you want on your team? For sure."

Why not just say "I don't think he's a star player, but he's a guy you want on your team"?

Yeah I do

Reactions: Radiogirl

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

lol

Reactions: lancepitlick

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

I’ve posted this about Simmer before, and is the reason I don’t like listening to him on the radio.

billy-map-family-circus.jpg

Just get to the darn point or answer the darn question.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Uh huh, oh yeah, no doubt, come on.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I have sporadically read this thread, but do not recall anyone mentioning anything about the pair of hosts that do the "That's what She said" show on Fridays.

Last night these two were talking about the options PD has before him, regarding Stone and Duchene, and they both concluded the worst cast scenario would be for them to "both walk" and move on to become UFAs.

I found that to be a clueless conclusion, as it will never happen, and these two should know that.

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Meh. He has a unique delivery style. Sure he sometimes sounds like a grandparent talking in circles, but I appreciate his takes and insight. As many have said, at least he calls it like he sees it.
Meh. He has a unique delivery style. Sure he sometimes sounds like a grandparent talking in circles, but I appreciate his takes and insight. As many have said, at least he calls it like he sees it.
now the guys like lee versage And Steve Warne are a different stories they continue to defend the organization

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I have sporadically read this thread, but do not recall anyone mentioning anything about the pair of hosts that do the "That's what She said" show on Fridays.

Last night these two were talking about the options PD has before him, regarding Stone and Duchene, and they both concluded the worst cast scenario would be for them to "both walk" and move on to become UFAs.

I found that to be a clueless conclusion, as it will never happen, and these two should know that.
Because they just struggle so much that no disrespect to them but nobody takes there opinions serisouly

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Maybe he does. By the time he gets around to it, I’ve forgotten what the question was, or I can’t parse how what he said answers it - no exaggeration.

It’s also just as likely that I’m not smart enough to follow him. *shrug*

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Serious question. Is it possible that the main reason you dont like them is that they are the only hosts in the station that have brough Melnyk and the organization to task?

As for the let the players walk discussion.. nothing would surprise me with the way this organization is run.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Islanders fans have your back. That could never happen. Ever. Never ever.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Serious question. Is it possible that the main reason you dont like them is that they are the only hosts in the station that have brough Melnyk and the organization to task?

As for the let the players walk discussion.. nothing would surprise me with the way this organization is run.

If you honestly think, that there's a chance that Ottawa will let Feb 25th pass, without Stone, Dizingal of Duchene either signed or traded, then you're as delusional as the two hosts.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Islanders fans have your back. That could never happen. Ever. Never ever.

I'll take any bet you'd like, on the option that Ottawa will allow either Stone, Duchene of Dzingel "walk" AKA become UFAs.

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I think what it comes down to is show prep and who does it, and how it's done. Flipping through headlines and looking for evidence to back up an argument with stats are very different. I don't think just having an opinion on a topic is enough to keep the average listener engaged anymore.
I agree when you listen to Tgor and in the box you can just tell that they do no show prep which is why every show they talk about the same thing

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

I think you are confused with the term worse case scenario and then equating it to the likelyhood of occurence which are not related at all in this case nor did the hosts make that link at any time.

As for the topic at hand I believe it will be a second to worse case scenario in that a la Karlsson we will ship talent out for extremely underwhelming returns. We seem to do better on worse players trade wise...see ek return vs brassard return.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think you are confused with the term worse case scenario and then equating it to the likelyhood of occurence which are not related at all in this case nor did the hosts make that link at any time.

As for the topic at hand I believe it will be a second to worse case scenario in that a la Karlsson we will ship talent out for extremely underwhelming returns. We seem to do better on worse players trade wise...see ek return vs brassard return.

Don't know if you listened to the show, or not, but they actually talked about what the reaction would be, from the fan base, if Stone and Duchene were "allowed to walk" and become UFAs ...... putting it as an option that could happen.

We all know that Ottawa will either sign or trade them, and never will they be allowed "to walk".

They never made the point that allowing them to walk, is not going to happen.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Don't know if you listened to the show, or not, but they actually talked about what the reaction would be, from the fan base, if Stone and Duchene were "allowed to walk" and become UFAs ...... putting it as an option that could happen.

We all know that Ottawa will either sign or trade them, and never will they be allowed "to walk".

Speaking in absolutes especially regarding the inpetitiude of this owner and management team has proved very foolish in the past, while this scenario I agree is extremely unlikely and is likely more brought up out of frustration it is not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

You love to get caught up on insignificant issues to argue over. Maybe they were using the term "allowed to walk" in a general way meaning if the sens don't resign them. There is only 1 player in recent memory that has walked being Tavares. Because of how infrequent it happens I doubt they were actually thinking that would be the case. They either have a contract signed before the deadline or they are traded.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I agree when you listen to Tgor and in the box you can just tell that they do no show prep which is why every show they talk about the same thing

If you think they don't do any prep for a 4 hour show, you have no idea how radio works or how challenging it can be to host a talk show.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

Aside from the intro where they mentioned the topics of the evening, it seems that the pending UFA talk was mostly 11 minutes starting at the 15 minute mark or so of discussing the possible re-signings and who might not be re-signed and why. The last part ended discussing the 2017 playoff run and what might have motivated the trade for Duchene and one host slipped- in the words "traded or walk" as an afterthought but I didn't hear anything else.

Obviously I must have missed something so would you please time stamp where in the podcast they discussed the worst case scenario conclusion where the players are allowed to move on and become UFA.

Thanks

Here's a link to the TSN1200 Jan 11, 2019 podcast that was broadcast OTA for those who want to listen

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/that-s-what-she-said-january-11-2019-1.1240182

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad