The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Completely agree with you on Dean/Gord, the egos have gotten far too big for their own good.

As for TSN, Dave Poulin has to be one of the worst colour guys in the history of hockey. They should have left him on the panel and not between the benches at Sens games.
Ya I completely agree, Gord in particular has been really annoying me lately. Like even at the take your kids to work day thing he was trying to ask questions while Guy was talking to the kids. I also agree about Dave Poulin, but I'd still take him over most SN guys.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
One of the best things to happen to us was TSN picking up our regional rights. Having a mix of Ferraro/Cuthbert/Miller/Mclennan regularly and Duthie/Mckenzie/Dreger etc at intermissions is incredible. Compared to the old days of Brown/Potvin (although I did love Potvin) and the SN intermission clowns.

It really is.

Its funny last night I was coming home from work, and threw on the radio to hear the score. Dean Brown says "Its 2-1" never said fro who, then went on about some stupid thing that Gord Wilson was guffawing over.

I turned on the radio to hear the score, and I had to check my phone anyway.

Reactions: Smeddy and Flamingo

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Did Pierre drop an F-bomb this morning? I had to listen to it again and at 18:46 sounds like he said it as he contemplated how busy his weekend was going to be lol
Is his son that great of a player?
He does talk about him alot.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
TGOR with their mandatory "It's obvious, Karlsson broke the dressing room" comments this morning.

Does Melnyk give the TGOR guys a big hug everytime they bash Karlsson??

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
TGOR with their mandatory "It's obvious, Karlsson broke the dressing room" comments this morning.

Funny how they never mention that the Avs locker room was broken till they traded Duchene and that the Sens locker room was fine until they traded for Duchene...

Reactions: BatherSeason

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Honestly I don't know why I keep bothering but, that's not what they said at all.

They were saying how maybe there is truth to the fact that when Karlsson and Hoffman were in the same room, it could have negatively impacted the rest of the team. Had nothing to do with blaming either player.

How you could watch the end of last year compared to the start of this year and not think there is truth in that statement?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Honestly I don't know why I keep bothering but, that's not what they said at all.

They were saying how maybe there is truth to the fact that when Karlsson and Hoffman were in the same room, it could have negatively impacted the rest of the team. Had nothing to do with blaming either player.

How you could watch the end of last year compared to the start of this year and not think there is truth in that statement?
Not sure why you bother either. Also why bother continuing to mention "Karlsson" and "locker room issues" in the same breath? You know how all media, including certain radio hosts have been telling fans to move on for months now?? Why don't they do the same thing?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Not sure why you bother either. Also why bother continuing to mention "Karlsson" and "locker room issues" in the same breath? You know how all media, including certain radio hosts have been telling fans to move on for months now?? Why don't they do the same thing?

Seriously?

Because Hoffman and the Panthers are in town for the first time since all this stuff happened. You really think they were never going to bring any of it up? They were discussing how the fans would react to Hoffman. Of course they are going to reference what happened.

It had nothing to do with bringing up Karlsson just to bash him.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Why anyone listens to the clowns on TGOR is beyond me. Ian is great and I like Simmer insight sometimes but he can be a goof too often .

Perfect mix for me is Whitey and Lloyd at 10 am

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Why anyone listens to the clowns on TGOR is beyond me. Ian is great and I like Simmer insight sometimes but he can be a goof too often .

Perfect mix for me is Whitey and Lloyd at 10 am
Really?

Todd White does provide some good insight to what it's like behind the scenes or in the locker room but him and Lloyd on the radio at the same time is nothing but constant flirting with each other. Its annoying. Kind of like how Brown and Gord Wilson are together but not that extreme

Simmer and Ian are by far the best duo on the station. Great compliment to each other

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Really?

Todd White does provide some good insight to what it's like behind the scenes or in the locker room but him and Lloyd on the radio at the same time is nothing but constant flirting with each other. Its annoying. Kind of like how Brown and Gord Wilson are together but not that extreme

Simmer and Ian are by far the best duo on the station. Great compliment to each other

If Simmer wasn't such a goof Mendes would be my number be 1 show.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If Simmer wasn't such a goof Mendes would be my number be 1 show.
I enjoy Simmer. He has the balls to call out the organization but perhaps its because he has nothing to lose. Its refreshing to hear though instead of all the pom pom waving talk we usually get when it comes to this organization

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Simmer and Lloyd on the post game show was awesome. A great duo imo that could/should be explored more.

Reactions: DJB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I enjoy Simmer. He has the balls to call out the organization but perhaps its because he has nothing to lose. Its refreshing to hear though instead of all the pom pom waving talk we usually get when it comes to this organization

I enjoy that part of him and also the former in management side of him. It's the constant giggling and talking about weird totally off topic stuff that is annoying with him

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I enjoy that part of him and also the former in management side of him. It's the constant giggling and talking about weird totally off topic stuff that is annoying with him
Lloyd and White do this ALL the time during their segment

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is why the weekend show, Battle of the Atlantic, and 3 in the Key are great shows. I love listening to ESPN/CBS sports radio on the weekends during Basketball season because it's wall to wall coverage of the league and not just 1 team. 1310 am plays a show from the fan 590 on the weekend that is Torontocentric but really good at covering sports in general.

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Lloyd and White do this ALL the time during their segment

Gotta agree on this one. Heard about 6 full segments last week during my lunch hours and each segment consisted of at least one and sometimes two instances of this bizarre Lloyd/Whitey flirtmance where the like to poke fun at each other, its really tough to listen to and most segments on the station are no longer than 10 minutes. Maybe it was just bad luck and I got the only segments when this happened, but it was not good radio.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
leafs lunch is one of the best hockey related shows out there imo if they have the usual hosts. To bad its mostly leafs

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Simmer and Lloyd on the post game show was awesome. A great duo imo that could/should be explored more.
Lloyd would just continue his Whitey jokes and Simmer would giggle. The two of them may work in a post-game type setting where their main focus is to talk Sens, but in a 3-hour show setting, no thanks.

Reactions: Stylizer1

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Just heard them blame Karlsson again on the Drive, Lee Versage of course. Melnyk must really have them by the basketballs.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the "Grey Cup Sex Question"? Are we 12 years old?
It’s tradition for a reporter to ask and they were mocking it. Just relax you could me listening to 690 talk endlessly about pop culture. Or tune in to Landsberg drivel on in Toronto. Morning shows are always like this.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It’s tradition for a reporter to ask and they were mocking it. Just relax you could me listening to 690 talk endlessly about pop culture. Or tune in to Landsberg drivel on in Toronto. Morning shows are always like this.
I am perfectly relaxed. Thanks for your concern.

They have been talking about it for days, not just today, maybe actually discuss the game that happens on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad