The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I don't understand why TSN1200 can never ask Dorion a difficult question. Hard hitting or don't bother, this is just a pr promotional piece essentially.

Need more of them CBC interviews like we got after the Karlsson trade debacle.
This was exactly what you said it was, a PR piece. If that isn't the case, then JR and Warne should be embarassed for being so unprepared. The CFRA interview was very similar, except Carroll seemed to go off-script a couple of times.

Just watched the CTV Morning bit and its all basically just a PR exercise. Man this org is tone deaf, why are we relying on the two most hated figures in the front office to help sell tickets, newflash, its not gonna work.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This was exactly what you said it was, a PR piece. If that isn't the case, then JR and Warne should be embarassed for being so unprepared. The CFRA interview was very similar, except Carroll seemed to go off-script a couple of times.

Just watched the CTV Morning bit and its all basically just a PR exercise. Man this org is tone deaf, why are we relying on the two most hated figures in the front office to help sell tickets, newflash, its not gonna work.
Hardly worth tuning in. It's been the same thing since they came out of their silence. At this point, I'd rather they go back to saying nothing instead.

Reactions: Chezzz

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
TGOR and TSN1200 continue to remain clueless as to what this fanbase is and wants, not sure what they tried to accomplish with this poll, but I think they got the opposite result that they expected.

"People are starting to come back"
"Good vibe amongst the fanbase"
"Only some people are still #MelnykOut"

You poll suggests otherwise, the twitter replies indicate otherwise as well.

upload_2018-10-16_13-7-50.png

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
TGOR and TSN1200 continue to remain clueless as to what this fanbase is and wants, not sure what they tried to accomplish with this poll, but I think they got the opposite result that they expected.

"People are starting to come back"
"Good vibe amongst the fanbase"
"Only some people are still #MelnykOut"

You poll suggests otherwise, the twitter replies indicate otherwise as well.

View attachment 147105
Should be interesting what the tone is like at the deadline. I think the negative energy will return in a big way when we ship out Stone and Duchene.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
As of now they have the Sens winning the Stanley Cup.
The love they have for Boro is interesting
Ben Harpur how much are they being paid to bring his name up non-stop.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Nobody talks NHL suspensions and the DOPS like TGOR. Ground breaking stuff. Too bad they struggle so badly at discussing anything else hockey related

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
To lighten things up a bit, just going to correct their view of ".500" being 82 points. If 82 points (164/2) was the "middle", then a team in 17th place would have 82.
Looking at last year, the 16th place (not in playoffs) Florida Panthers was at 96.
Colorado was 17th (in PO) with 95.
Carolina had 83 and was...21st, which is 5 points out of the middle (their version of .500)
Soooooo, not really wanting to aggro A.J. more than I'd like to, but you have to account for OT losses (or loser points, as he coloquially calls them).
Maybe just going for win% would be better for them?

Also, Dean and Gord have been excellent tonight. Just on point for everything and just the slightest bit of homerism to make it enjoyable.

Nobody talks NHL suspensions and the DOPS like TGOR. Ground breaking stuff. Too bad they struggle so badly at discussing anything else hockey related

About this, I hope someone gave Pierre McGuire some calming medicines because him screaaming: "CHARACTER! CHARACTER! CHARACTER! CHARACTER! CHARACTER!" at the top of his lungs was extremely painful and awkward and made him sound like one of those drill sergeants from the movies. Yikes.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The best thing about the Ottawa Senators right now is the TSN1200 pre game show. I don’t even want to watch the games after the last few starts they’ve had.

Trade ‘em all. I like Stone, but I almost need a clean break and a complete restart, make Brady the Captain and the only keeper from the 1 goal away from a Cup finals team is Pageau, because he’s the chicken parm guy, and every team needs a chicken parm guy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Ian and Simmer,

Good of you to bring on the President of the Sens Foundation to balance off the negative article that came out yesterday.

She did a very nice job of spinning the numbers in a more positive light. Once again, you failed to ask a single tough question and in doing so, let down your listeners who are looking for reporters to help thrm get the needed information.

She empahised that not all of the Canadian teams being compared operated under the same tax rules due to their location. This begs the following question...

Why under the exact same tax rules as Toronto are the Sens so far behind in their rating?

Do the Leafs not use 50/50 as a major fundraising initiative?

Why did you not ask this tough, but fair question?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brian Lee was on today for throw back Thursday; he revealed that the knee injury that forced him into retirement actually started halftway through his second year as a sen giving him constant pain and prevented him from training the way he would have otherwise. Sucks that what was a very promising start for him seems to have been derailed by injury. He mentioned he still can't run or do any heavy lifting with his legs, but can do things like swim and bike.

Kind of similar to how Cowen had his career derail from a hip injury, except it seems like we never really heard about Lee's injury issues until he left the team.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
TGOR breaking down a Sens game:

1) Play clip of a goal (preferably the same one that was just played on the sports update)
2) Absolve Boro of any blame of anything
3) Play Boro post game soundbite
4) Backhanded shot at Karlsson
4) Push the blame towards some star players (UFA Line because of course)

Throw in a few complaints about the officiating and some big words by Warne and its over.

So excited to get ripped apart in a few minutes in here, but it really is piss poor coverage and its really unfortunate that we have no other options. The fanbase deserves better.

TSN Weekend, Lee Versage aside, is the gold standard for the station, which is really unfortunate.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
TGOR breaking down a Sens game:

1) Play clip of a goal (preferably the same one that was just played on the sports update)
2) Absolve Boro of any blame of anything
3) Play Boro post game soundbite
4) Backhanded shot at Karlsson
4) Push the blame towards some star players (UFA Line because the chaof course)

Throw in a few complaints about the officiating and some big words by Warne and its over.

So excited to get ripped apart in a few minutes in here, but it really is piss poor coverage and its really unfortunate that we have no other options. The fanbase deserves better.

TSN Weekend, Lee Versage aside, is the gold standard for the station, which is really unfortunate.

The Pre Game show is still the best show on the station.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This is Jr's tweet from the weekend.

Why is our sports radio station NOT HOLDING OUR OWNER AND GM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS SITUATION?

And JR, you do need to answer!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This is Jr's tweet from the weekend.

Why is our sports radio station NOT HOLDING OUR OWNER AND GM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS SITUATION?

And JR, you do need to answer!

The responses to the tweet are hilarious.

Its embarrassing really, especially when they have had direct access to the GM on multiple occasions this year.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Of course JR blamed the players involved while not even scratching the surface of the content of what was said.

Looks like Matt Duchene will be the first of a series of upcoming character assassinations of current Sens players prior to their trade for scraps.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Mendes needs to write a new article:

'Examining the Duchesne deal one year and one day later'

Curse of Alfie. Curse of Alfie. Curse of Alfie.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Surprised Stove Warne didn't find a way to blame Karlsson for the uber video honestly.

But I will give him time. He will find a way.

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
One thing I learned from the McGuire segment this morning and his comments on the Uber video -- Pierre did not understand what the novel 1984 was actually about.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
One thing I learned from the McGuire segment this morning and his comments on the Uber video -- Pierre did not understand what the novel 1984 was actually about.

lol this was the best part.

When he said "I suggest everyone to read the novel"

My response "Yeah I suggest you do too again"

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Lloyd and White are such clowns. How can they allow these 2 idiots to constantly flirt with each other on the their segment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad