The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Printers, concerts and Simmer's buddies taking up a good chunk of TGOR this morning. I guess there isn't anything sports related to talk about :huh:

I get it, all the Sens chatter is getting tired, but this is why people tune in to the station. Nobody cares about Simmer's good buddy Lonnie Loach. I would much rather continue on with the never ending saga that is the Ottawa Senators than anything else TGOR has ever discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Printers, concerts and Simmer's buddies taking up a good chunk of TGOR this morning. I guess there isn't anything sports related to talk about :huh:

I get it, all the Sens chatter is getting tired, but this is why people tune in to the station. Nobody cares about Simmer's good buddy Lonnie Loach. I would much rather continue on with the never ending saga that is the Ottawa Senators than anything else TGOR has ever discussed.
Just to cover the other side of the debate: I really enjoyed The Drive last night. Ian and A.J. didn't touch on the Sens much at all, but their coverage of other sport stories was on point. And the Burrows interview was quite interesting, too.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Just to cover the other side of the debate: I really enjoyed The Drive last night. Ian and A.J. didn't touch on the Sens much at all, but their coverage of other sport stories was on point. And the Burrows interview was quite interesting, too.

Ian is really the only guy on the station that has gone basically full on with Sens coverage over the past few months. Also the only guy to take callers on the subject as well, so I completely understand him wanting a break from the Sens. Fortunately for Ian, he is able to talk all sports and paired with AJ makes for a great show even without discussing the Sens.

TGOR on the other hand has avoided negative Sens coverage for pretty much the past few years, only up until maybe a few weeks ago, doesn't deserve the same break that Mendes does.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Seems to me the media in the city don’t want to touch the EK trade talk, burnout, lack of valid information, don’t want to put their reputations out there - whatever it is I kinda get it.

EK is still on everyone’s mind. But Ottawas a gong show and why even spent half a second sorting through the daily mess they create? At the same time getting most of our info from Larry’s Brooks and the 4th period speaks to my theory the Ottawa media doesn’t do journalism, just media. They speak about baseless rumours most of the time (trades, money, interpreting interviews) but when it comes time for serious reporting on the Sens (Hoffman, Alfie, EK) they don’t go there and even claim they don’t have the skills to do basic work like ask questions and sort though materials.

So there it is. The EK trade will be broken by a reporter in another city, we expect it, Ottawa media is okay with it.

My guess is they’ve filed away their ‘EK never really embraced the city’ stories and are ready to publish this next step, right now it’s just wait until the trade drops and await instructions for PD to pump up his new signings / rebuild.

Rest is a weapon, we all need a break from the Ottawa Senators - they are exhausting like a bad ex is exhausting

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

iu

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If this isn't the place to comaplin about the radio I don't know where we're supposed to do it. It's obvious that guys from the station read this thread (Mendes, Warne) so our opinions matter (at least a little bit).

Reactions: Chezzz

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I understand that it is the offseason and that not much is going on, but it really seems as though TSN1200 is making a concentrated effort to not talk any Sens or hockey whatsoever, almost like they are avoiding it completely. Didn't hear any mention of the Randy Lee hearing, no mention of the fact that we have 2 major RFA signings to come, no mention of how the roster will be filled out, NOTHING!

***cure the pitchforks coming after me***

Again, I understand that it is the off-season, but in Canada, hockey never has an off-season. I would much rather listen to a discussion about remaining UFAs than a whole segment on Hammer's trip to Timmins and the Shania Twain museum. Heck, I would even prefer Simmer talking about the 90s Washington Capitals.

All arguments aside, TSN690 seems to always be able to discuss hockey throughout all of their shows, be it mid-July or mid-December and all of their hockey discussions are interesting.

Reactions: JungleBeat

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Stop the bickering already.

Chezz, if you throw your opinion out there, and it's the same opinion over and over, posters have the right to say the "change the station" line. Hell, I have multiple times :laugh:

Count, stop provoking. Thoughtful criticism is fine. The back and forth quips from both parties are unnecessary.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Lee Versage just accused Tiger Woods of doping...yes, I changed the channel.

What? What was his rationale for saying that? He's been losing tournaments for half a decade now, majors for a decade. One good showing and it's automatically doping? lol

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What? What was his rationale for saying that? He's been losing tournaments for half a decade now, majors for a decade. One good showing and it's automatically doping? lol

He wasn't talking about the present, he basically accused Tiger of doping earlier in his career. There was no rationale really, he said he finds it very coincidental that since the PGA Tour started drug testing in 2008 that Tiger "just happened" to start his decline at the same time and that his physique changed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He wasn't talking about the present, he basically accused Tiger of doping earlier in his career. There was no rationale really, he said he finds it very coincidental that since the PGA Tour started drug testing in 2008 that Tiger "just happened" to start his decline at the same time and that his physique changed.
I don't think it's that farfetched. The guy out muscled his skill.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
According to Versage, all this was because of doping.
Yeah ,dont think so...I think if i remember correctly,somebody mentioned his swing as being something that would lead to injury issues..And it being unsustainable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad