The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Yea hes been great ever since the whole debacle with Melnyk started.

Around the same time he got rejected for the Assistant GM job. WTF was Doh'rion thinking interviewing a current local media guy, the org should have seen it coming.

Also read here somewhere that they didn't even buy him lunch during a 4-hour long meeting? Simmer is likely pissed by the inflated price he paid for vending machine Jos Louis.

Last edited:

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Simmer has been sick of this sh*t for a good year at this point.

I don't know what he said this afternoon, but the dude has not been holding back for a while now, and it's refreshing as hell.

Simmer could carve himself a nice little niche in this market as the "tell it like it is,no holds barred" guy....as long as he ups his game as a serious analyst. Might be a stretch but every once in awhile he is dead on!!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Around the same time he got rejected for the Assistant GM job. WTF was Doh'rion thinking interviewing a current local media guy, the org should have seen it coming.

Also read here somewhere that they didn't even buy him lunch during a 4-hour long meeting? Simmer is likely pissed by the inflated price he paid for vending machine Jos Louis.
I think it was before then that he started laying it into management. He has nothing to lose anyways. He's not the main person who needs to conduct interviews. Refreshing to hear nonetheless

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Simmer could carve himself a nice little niche in this market as the "tell it like it is,no holds barred" guy....as long as he ups his game as a serious analyst. Might be a stretch but every once in awhile he is dead on!!
He is not specific enough. Only speaks in general terms.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Someone on the station should be mandated to only watch Raptors basketball so they can talk about them. They are doing so well and yet you have to wait for Sunday to hear any real talk. There is only so much Sens talk one can handle at this point in their tear down.

Reactions: Inkling

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Someone on the station should be mandated to only watch Raptors basketball so they can talk about them. They are doing so well and yet you have to wait for Sunday to hear any real talk. There is only so much Sens talk one can handle at this point in their tear down.

These guys are experts when it comes to questionable hits or the DOPS, seems like its the only thing they feel comfortable talking about.

I would actually be surprised if any of the guys at the station, other than Creech and Bunda, could name 5 players on the Raps. There is also no reason that they don't have more NBA related guests, I understand they have a very "niche" audience, but in reality, they have created that themselves. If they really wanted to attract more listeners, they would try harder, which they don't care to.

Just in my one hour drive to work, and my one hour drive home, there are at least 4-5 segments that last no longer than 5 minutes that serve as a "Today on TSN1200" . Here is a suggestion, lets combine all of those useless segments and have one Raps guest a week.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Want to say to Warren that I'm in his corner, he did something in re-publishing the Uber Story he knew would hurt feelings and he probably wished it was the players saying how much they loved their coach and the fans, but he did his job and sometimes doing your job ruffles feathers.

When the relationship in this city is fan - players/coaches we are fine. We aren't getting great hockey but we talk rookies, shots against, opponents, trades and we are a normal hockey team and fanbase with a grumpy bald man taking 40 shots a night to keep us in there, we get it.

When the relationship is fan - owner it goes completely sideways. Melnyck is a thin skinned, entitled half wit petty-bully and nothing shows this more then this weak act of banning Warren. Melnyck isn't defending anybodies honour because if he was, he'd discipline the players here. Did they do something wrong - no, they did something that happens everyday. Did Warren do something wrong, no, he did something journalist do everyday.

Melnyck lashed out last year over the EK trade rumour reporting (which all turned out to be true). If his house wasn't in such shambles, the media wouldn't have this constant leaky roof to report on.

Ottawa media has to honour this mans hockey team everyday and take his shit when he feels slighted which is every time his franchise shows its glaring cracks of lack of leadership and lack of management.

The media in this city does a great job. Warren will be honoured by the fans when he's done, Melnyck will be booed out of town, and that tells you all You need to know about who wins this.

Reactions: thinkwild

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Want to say to Warren that I'm in his corner, he did something in re-publishing the Uber Story he knew would hurt feelings and he probably wished it was the players saying how much they loved their coach and the fans, but he did his job and sometimes doing your job ruffles feathers.

When the relationship in this city is fan - players/coaches we are fine. We aren't getting great hockey but we talk rookies, shots against, opponents, trades and we are a normal hockey team and fanbase with a grumpy bald man taking 40 shots a night to keep us in there, we get it.

When the relationship is fan - owner it goes completely sideways. Melnyck is a thin skinned, entitled half wit petty-bully and nothing shows this more then this weak act of banning Warren. Melnyck isn't defending anybodies honour because if he was, he'd discipline the players here. Did they do something wrong - no, they did something that happens everyday. Did Warren do something wrong, no, he did something journalist do everyday.

Melnyck lashed out last year over the EK trade rumour reporting (which all turned out to be true). If his house wasn't in such shambles, the media wouldn't have this constant leaky roof to report on.

Ottawa media has to honour this mans hockey team everyday and take his **** when he feels slighted which is every time his franchise shows its glaring cracks of lack of leadership and lack of management.

The media in this city does a great job. Warren will be honoured by the fans when he's done, Melnyck will be booed out of town, and that tells you all You need to know about who wins this.

This issue is not about the owner of the Ottawa Senators. He is not the villain here, and Warren sure as shit isn't a bloody journalistic hero....

It was a private conversation that was leaked to YouTube and forcibly removed by Uber for contravening their privacy policy. There was nothing honourable in OC hosting the embarrassing video of a private moment shared by a group of young players. They could have shown some integrity by writing a story without hosting the video, as the CBC reporters often do. Instead they went sleazy and are now facing the consequences.

This isn't about EM and PD, this is about continuing to embarrass several players and a coach by hosting a video of a private moment. The team is seeking legal action after their request for removal was declined, and refusing to ferry the OC reporters around with the team on their private charters, for obvious reasons. You want to act like TMZ, don't cry when you get treated like TMZ.

It may not be legally wrong, we'll find out once the ruling comes down, but is absolutely ethically and morally wrong.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This issue is not about the owner of the Ottawa Senators. He is not the villain here, and Warren sure as **** isn't a bloody journalistic hero....

It was a private conversation that was leaked to YouTube and forcibly removed by Uber for contravening their privacy policy. There was nothing honourable in OC hosting the embarrassing video of a private moment shared by a group of young players. They could have shown some integrity by writing a story without hosting the video, as the CBC reporters often do. Instead they went sleazy and are now facing the consequences.

This isn't about EM and PD, this is about continuing to embarrass several players and a coach by hosting a video of a private moment. The team is seeking legal action after their request for removal was declined, and refusing to ferry the OC reporters around with the team on their private charters, for obvious reasons. You want to act like TMZ, don't cry when you get treated like TMZ.

It may not be legally wrong, we'll find out once the ruling comes down, but is absolutely ethically and morally wrong.
This issue is not about the owner of the Ottawa Senators. He is not the villain here, and Warren sure as **** isn't a bloody journalistic hero....

There are decision at work that lead you to sometimes curse your choice you have to make because it leads you to a certain decision - you have to give in a report that is less then flattering, you have to discipline someone, you have to spend a chunk of money to get yourself out of a jam, - but you make That decision because it's what you do at your job.

Singly out Warren to me makes this an easy to swallow 'tough guy' move my Poo-Jeans Meknyck what I don't like. Melnyck is the last person in Ottawa that needs to lose another friend. I imagine most of the city doesn't even want the owner of the NHL team at their Christmas Party. it's proven that 30% of the population will support the strong man decision no matter what it is and we see that in some of the comments online and people saying Melnyck is being a boss doing this to a senior hockey journalist. To me it's a petty and the move feels like their is anger behind it like the trade deadline media comments.

So much anger around this team, trading of star players, reactions to wives, threats of moving, outdoor games, uber videos, media clashes, league discipline, and they say everything starts at the top.

You know when your dream becomes your curse, I think this is what is happening to Poo-Jeans. Even the cheque he gets on the sale won't fill the void of having to sell the NHL team, he'll miss the anger to much. Banning a journalist makes a small man feel big.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There are decision at work that lead you to sometimes curse your choice you have to make because it leads you to a certain decision - you have to give in a report that is less then flattering, you have to discipline someone, you have to spend a chunk of money to get yourself out of a jam, - but you make That decision because it's what you do at your job.

Singly out Warren to me makes this an easy to swallow 'tough guy' move my Poo-Jeans Meknyck what I don't like. Melnyck is the last person in Ottawa that needs to lose another friend. I imagine most of the city doesn't even want the owner of the NHL team at their Christmas Party. it's proven that 30% of the population will support the strong man decision no matter what it is and we see that in some of the comments online and people saying Melnyck is being a boss doing this to a senior hockey journalist. To me it's a petty and the move feels like their is anger behind it like the trade deadline media comments.

So much anger around this team, trading of star players, reactions to wives, threats of moving, outdoor games, uber videos, media clashes, league discipline, and they say everything starts at the top.

You know when your dream becomes your curse, I think this is what is happening to Poo-Jeans. Even the cheque he gets on the sale won't fill the void of having to sell the NHL team, he'll miss the anger to much. Banning a journalist makes a small man feel big.

Honestly I find it difficult to engage with someone who uses childish monikers for people but here goes! I don't think it was personal towards Warren, as in it could have been me or you, either way, if we wreaked for Sun Media we would be flying commercial.

It looks to have been a retaliatory move because the OC refused to stop hosting the video, so be it.

There are reasons to be angry at EM without making stuff up, or lumping in suspensions and whatever other unrelated stuff you included. When you're just generally upset I suppose it can all just get lumped in together, I can understand that, but it's not exactly authentic.

There tends to be a couple perspectives around here, some that deal with things as they come for what they are, and some who view each incident as a part of a bigger picture. I just don't think everything can be traced back to big bad EM.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
A poem:

Ice T is never angry
He is very, very calm
Nothing affects him

He does write thousands of words a day,
All of them standing up for the team,
but he's very chill about it so in a way,
that makes him right,
and probably better than you and me.

The End.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
A poem:

Ice T is never angry
He is very, very calm
Nothing affects him

that makes him right,

The End.
tumblr_ogcleffcU31t30xsso5_1280.gif

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Did Pierre drop an F-bomb this morning? I had to listen to it again and at 18:46 sounds like he said it as he contemplated how busy his weekend was going to be lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A poem:

Ice T is never angry
He is very, very calm
Nothing affects him

that makes him right,

The End.
From Body Count??He wasnt bad when he jammed with Slayer

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
This two minutes with, wirh Dean brown has been god awful for years
One of the best things to happen to us was TSN picking up our regional rights. Having a mix of Ferraro/Cuthbert/Miller/Mclennan regularly and Duthie/Mckenzie/Dreger etc at intermissions is incredible. Compared to the old days of Brown/Potvin (although I did love Potvin) and the SN intermission clowns.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
One of the best things to happen to us was TSN picking up our regional rights. Having a mix of Ferraro/Cuthbert/Miller/Mclennan regularly and Duthie/Mckenzie/Dreger etc at intermissions is incredible. Compared to the old days of Brown/Potvin (although I did love Potvin) and the SN intermission clowns.

Completely agree with you on Dean/Gord, the egos have gotten far too big for their own good.

As for TSN, Dave Poulin has to be one of the worst colour guys in the history of hockey. They should have left him on the panel and not between the benches at Sens games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad