The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cleek or Click? Should we have a poll? I vote "click"

Cleek is the proper pronunciation, click is a modern thing. Who really cares tho.

Just seems like a weird thing to complain about, but then you complain about everything on that station :P

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Cleek is the proper pronunciation, click is a modern thing. Who really cares tho.

Just seems like a weird thing to complain about, but then you complain about everything on that station :P

Seems like you care a little, if not, why reply?

Just seems a little weird for you to complain about me, but you do seem to complain about everything I post in here. :P

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Seems like you care a little, if not, why reply?

Just seems a little weird for you to complain about me, but you do seem to complain about everything I post in here. :P

I haven't posted here in a while, but a nice try at turning things around and being clever.

Reactions: Chezzz

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ughhh...Feel bad for Mendez with his unfortunate faux pas today...said the show will "keep an eye out" for more news on the Brooks Koepka story. Ouch.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/dorion-there-is-one-thing-that-keeps-me-up-at-night-1.1191917

So lovely when TGOR gets an opportunity to ask the GM some hard hitting questions, yet they continue to ask nothing of substance and just fluff the man's ego.

Oh goodness, looks like cocky Pierre is making his rounds this morning, CFRA too. Hilarious to hear this clown talk about how the team is built with "speed and skill", yet he traded the most skilled player in the league. Unbelievable that the News Radio guy asked better sports questions about the team that the sports radio guys did.

Love that Bill Carroll asked some questions about Melnyk, which Dorion replied with lies as usual.

"Melnyk cares about this team more than any citizen of the city"

How long til he crawls back in his hole?

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/dorion-there-is-one-thing-that-keeps-me-up-at-night-1.1191917

So lovely when TGOR gets an opportunity to ask the GM some hard hitting questions, yet they continue to ask nothing of substance and just fluff the man's ego.

Dorion took some heat this pre-season, and deservedly for his convoluted messaging and total confusion from the summer into the pre-season - but he deserves a break now.

The air around the team and fanbase has completely changed, and Dorion deserves some praise for putting this exciting young team together. The guy not only had to deal our superstar, he was on the radio this morning trying to peddle tickets. I stand by this, Dorion has the hardest job in hockey being Melnyck's understaffed GM.

IMO when Boucher is speaking for the club the fanbase feels more connected and sees a direction. So Dorion should extend Boucher and his staff right now, the club needs stability before Melncyk takes us back into crazy land, and knowing the coaching staff is locked in would do some good to stabilize the club.

The interview this morning was positive and why not? The team couldn't of come together better during the first 5 games.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Oh goodness, looks like cocky Pierre is making his rounds this morning, CFRA too. Hilarious to hear this clown talk about how the team is built with "speed and skill", yet he traded the most skilled player in the league. Unbelievable that the News Radio guy asked better sports questions about the team that the sports radio guys did.

Love that Bill Carroll asked some questions about Melnyk, which Dorion replied with lies as usual.

"Melnyk cares about this team more than any citizen of the city"

How long til he crawls back in his hole?

Dorion months ago - "the locker room was broken"

Today -
Bill Carroll "Did the wives situation have an impact on the locker room"

Dorion - "there were no problems in the locker room.".

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dorion took some heat this pre-season, and deservedly for his convoluted messaging and total confusion from the summer into the pre-season - but he deserves a break now.

The air around the team and fanbase has completely changed, and Dorion deserves some praise for putting this exciting young team together. The guy not only had to deal our superstar, he was on the radio this morning trying to peddle tickets. I stand by this, Dorion has the hardest job in hockey being Melnyck's understaffed GM.

IMO when Boucher is speaking for the club the fanbase feels more connected and sees a direction. So Dorion should extend Boucher and his staff right now, the club needs stability before Melncyk takes us back into crazy land, and knowing the coaching staff is locked in would do some good to stabilize the club.

The interview this morning was positive and why not? The team couldn't of come together better during the first 5 games.

His message continues to be convoluted and confusing. The players are the ones that deserve the credit, not Dorion.

This guy traded our first round pick in a year where "the plan" was to bottom out, maybe wait til after 20 games to give this guy any credit. The start last year was just as good as this year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
His message continues to be convoluted and confusing. The players are the ones that deserve the credit, not Dorion.

This guy traded our first round pick in a year where "the plan" was to bottom out, maybe wait til after 20 games to give this guy any credit. The start last year was just as good as this year.

For sure Ottawa is a club that can't help itself sometimes, but this morning I felt the interview tone was perfect.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So easy for one of them to simply reply back to his attendance statement about supporting the young team, with "Well a majority of fans that have called in to this station showing their dissatisfaction with the organization state that they can't invest into the new team and players if they just saw a bunch of their favorite players let go over and over again, starting from Chara to Hossa to Alfie to Spezza to Turris to Karlsson, what can you say to the fans that want to buy a Chabot or Tkachuk Jersey but are afraid you guys are going to get rid of them when they need a new contract?"

Would have been so easy.

And they couldn't mention anything about him not showing up at all when things were going tough but hes all over the media when things aren't a tire fire. Coward.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So easy for one of them to simply reply back to his attendance statement about supporting the young team, with "Well a majority of fans that have called in to this station showing their dissatisfaction with the organization state that they can't invest into the new team and players if they just saw a bunch of their favorite players let go over and over again, starting from Chara to Hossa to Alfie to Spezza to Turris to Karlsson, what can you say to the fans that want to buy a Chabot or Tkachuk Jersey but are afraid you guys are going to get rid of them when they need a new contract?"

Would have been so easy.

And they couldn't mention anything about him not showing up at all when things were going tough but hes all over the media when things aren't a tire fire. Coward.

Things must be going good because high five Pierre is back in the media, sounded so happy this morning.

Basically what I was thinking the whole interview, sounds great for the next few years until the roster needs to be flipped because its contract time again.... this team has a lot of actions to make up for and more baseless and unsubstantiated words won't make up for it. Kind of got a laugh with the pushing of tickets part, felt like a "come on guys, show up were new and different we've changed, you will see!"

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Things must be going good because high five Pierre is back in the media, sounded so happy this morning.

Basically what I was thinking the whole interview, sounds great for the next few years until the roster needs to be flipped because its contract time again.... this team has a lot of actions to make up for and more baseless and unsubstantiated words won't make up for it. Kind of got a laugh with the pushing of tickets part, felt like a "come on guys, show up were new and different we've changed, you will see!"

Last years team was also a high flying team after 5 games if I recall, they also looked quite similar to this year's team. They also scored 20 after 5 last year with some very impressive victories.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I don't understand why TSN1200 can never ask Dorion a difficult question. Hard hitting or don't bother, this is just a pr promotional piece essentially.

Need more of them CBC interviews like we got after the Karlsson trade debacle.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Yeah, was disappointed in them this morning. They did touch on the atrocious defence but P.R. said nothing of substance about fixing it, about fixing the attendance, about the plans for the trade deadline.
Would be nice if someone were to put their neck on the line and just go after Dorion, and if he tries to make a joke:
"Do you find being mediocre to be humorous, Mr. Dorion?" and just put his feet to the fire again and again, make it stressful for him.
They asked him if he lost sleep and he went on about Belleville, I mean come on. This is someone who has a guaranteed job and doesn't give a shit about building a good team because he'll be here in 20 years.
Ugh.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah, was disappointed in them this morning. They did touch on the atrocious defence but P.R. said nothing of substance about fixing it, about fixing the attendance, about the plans for the trade deadline.
Would be nice if someone were to put their neck on the line and just go after Dorion, and if he tries to make a joke:
"Do you find being mediocre to be humorous, Mr. Dorion?" and just put his feet to the fire again and again, make it stressful for him.
They asked him if he lost sleep and he went on about Belleville, I mean come on. This is someone who has a guaranteed job and doesn't give a **** about building a good team because he'll be here in 20 years.
Ugh.

We're 5 games in to the season and you want to know the plan for the trade deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad