The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Bell getting hit with a lot of layoffs in their industry and apparently TSN is going to get hit pretty hard. Wonder if that means people from the radio show will get hit too. Already lost some pretty solid news anchors in Waldo and Meehan...

Wonder who would be on their list to cut from the radio show if they had to.

Let the Cauldron Bubbles begin (Only those who listen to the radio show understand this reference.)
No, not Carol Anne Meehan?

Most likely the ones at TSN who make the most money should be looking over their shoulders.

A few years ago there where cuts like this too.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
John Rodenburg ‏@TSNJR 15m15 minutes ago
A very tough day at the office. Many talented and hard-working colleagues are moving on from 87 George. Wishing them all the best

---

Incoming cuts imminent.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
John Rodenburg ‏@TSNJR 15m15 minutes ago
A very tough day at the office. Many talented and hard-working colleagues are moving on from 87 George. Wishing them all the best

---

Incoming cuts imminent.

Lets hope it's just the names already in the news. Don't want anyone to lose their job

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Lets hope it's just the names already in the news. Don't want anyone to lose their job

JR Confirmed it to someone that asked the question if TSN1200 was hit by any layoffs:

Dave Rooney ‏@daverooneyca 5m5 minutes ago
@TSNJR Were there any layoffs at TSN 1200? Yes/no answer is fine.

John Rodenburg ‏@TSNJR 3m3 minutes ago
@daverooneyca No

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Everytime I tune into the morning segment they are playing some contest.

Always issuing a "clue" so they keep listeners tuned in to the show.

These are the gimmicks needed by a radio program that can't rely on its content.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
JR Confirmed it to someone that asked the question if TSN1200 was hit by any layoffs:

Dave Rooney ‏@daverooneyca 5m5 minutes ago
@TSNJR Were there any layoffs at TSN 1200? Yes/no answer is fine.

John Rodenburg ‏@TSNJR 3m3 minutes ago
@daverooneyca No

Very sad, the media industry isn't what it once was. Wish the best for all those effected. I really liked Waldo and thought she was great with banter when she was on the Drive. Bad time of the year to lose a job, hope all the TSN staff is safe for now. Must of been a real hard day for all at 87 George yesterday.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Anyone else extremely annoyed by Simmers laugh? Makes my ear bleed

Same. I no longer listen to the 2-6 segment except in very short spurts ("Leftover Five on the Drive") and he's the big reason for it. Stunning that they axed Meehan and co. and left Simmer here and O'Neill in Toronto, two people that add very little to their respective stations.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Same. I no longer listen to the 2-6 segment except in very short spurts ("Leftover Five on the Drive") and he's the big reason for it. Stunning that they axed Meehan and co. and left Simmer here and O'Neill in Toronto, two people that add very little to their respective stations.

Simmer seems a bit out to lunch most of the time... a little too fancy foot loose and care free for my liking. Mendes I like.

I despise how much sports-talk radio I listen to, but I can't help it.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
Simmer seems a bit out to lunch most of the time... a little too fancy foot loose and care free for my liking. Mendes I like.

I despise how much sports-talk radio I listen to, but I can't help it.

With all the cuts at 87 George makes me wonder if they cut Simmer at 7 so they could cut his salary and not just because it's repetitive. Then again, I'm sure they are salary so they are probably required to do a multiple of things for all levels of Bell Media. Also wonder if it's why they haven't officially named Todd White as a co-host for in the BOX, because easier on the budget to keep him as a "guest". Really like Whitey he does a great job on that show and when he's on the pregame especially fighting with Brennan LOL.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
With all the cuts at 87 George makes me wonder if they cut Simmer at 7 so they could cut his salary and not just because it's repetitive. Then again, I'm sure they are salary so they are probably required to do a multiple of things for all levels of Bell Media. Also wonder if it's why they haven't officially named Todd White as a co-host for in the BOX, because easier on the budget to keep him as a "guest". Really like Whitey he does a great job on that show and when he's on the pregame especially fighting with Brennan LOL.

His relationship with AJ is also quite comical...love how he digs at him and gets him going!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Just listened to the McGuire segment from this morning when they discussed the new NHL All Star game format. McGuire claims he likes it, "it'll be great", and that something had to be done because last year's game was a "caricature of a real game".

Really, Pete? I don't recall last year's game, but it was a "caricature"... and yet a 3-on-3 mini-tourney is not?

Pierre is such a shill for the league I honestly don't think he'll ever criticize any product they put forth, no matter how silly (especially anything that's to be broadcast on NBC).

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
His relationship with AJ is also quite comical...love how he digs at him and gets him going!

I've grown to enjoy White quite a bit. Still a little cool on AJ though, but he can be pretty good on the post-game and so on, he just has to not try too hard for the angry AJ think haha. SPeaking of that, so glad that Angry Al guy is no longer there, man he was brutal... :facepalm:

Perjong

Oct 1, 2013
They didn't even let her say goodbye to the viewers.

At least they let Steve Madely claim he was retiring instead of just canning him. They probably knew that firing him would cause a fecal storm. But in no way did he plan to retire the day he announced it. He was in the business for too long to do it that way on his own. He was probably offered early retirement or some extra sheckels to say he was retiring after that morning's show.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Terry Ledden of Sandler Training... can't stand those ads. I mute my radio when I hear his voice... I'm sure he's a nice guy, knows what he's talking about, etc., but I despise when he comes on to tell me why my sales force sucks.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Is Dean Brown always on the pregame show?

I swear nobody enjoys the sound of his own voice more then that guy . . . making simple points as convoluted as possible and repeating things in different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille