The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Our defense does feel pretty mediocre at best offensively right now, especially with the two biggest offensive weapons back there not producing much. I didn't read those threads, so I can't speak to them, but that is what usually gets the headlines among people from other teams that don't watch us.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Went to the LA board to ask about Carter's value, and there's a thread where they are, not exactly thrilled with the guy lately. Slow to recover from injury, playing without passion, and his numbers even strength look terrible. I don't watch any of LA, but if what they say is true, I don't really want to invest in that 34 year old personally

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Trying to talk to Leafs fans about Pesce's value as a defenseman is like trying to talk to a baby about Quantum Physics. He doesn't put up 100 points so he's not worth anything obviously...only Pesce ++ gets a sniff at Nylander, probably need at least one + to get Kappi

Usually while criticizing us for always overvaluing our own players in the same post.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
So there’s got to be a decent 3rd line center we could get for a pick or meh prospect, right? Is it really that hard to find something better than rask, wallmark, or Bishop?

That's why I like Toffoli. Scorer who seems a little better than Rask and definitely better than stone hands Staal.

More of a 2 or 3c though.

Ferland Aho TT
Svech Toffoli Williams
McGinn Rask ??
Martinook Wallmark ??

By better I mean as a shooter.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
That's why I like Toffoli. Scorer who seems a little better than Rask and definitely better than stone hands Staal.

More of a 2 or 3c though.

Ferland Aho TT
Svech Toffoli Williams
?? Rask ??
?? Wallmark ??
Has't he always been used as a winger in LA? Like Skinner being listed as a center, but not really a center.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I thought he spent some time at center could easily be wrong

Toffoli Rask Svech?? Scoring line.
Ferland-Aho-Turbo
Toffoli-Rask/Carter-Svech
McGinn-JoStaal-Willy
Martinook-Walmart/Bishop-PDG
(Send McLovin back down)

Certainly better than our current lineup, seems a bit more threatening at least. Only play McG-StoneHands-JWilly as defensive matchup line (instead of offensive/Pp/"scoring")

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Then swap Svech and Toffoli s wings. Would be nice to put Svech with a couple guys who can shoot.
Sure, in a perfect world he can switch sides without missing a beat. But in the real world, a rookie that is still acclimating to the game should not be asked to play the "other" side just yet. Add to that we have a bunch more RW on the roster or in the minors (TT, Williams, Gauthier, Necas) adding him just creates more of a glut on one side of the ice. There will be other wingers available that are LW if we don't jump the gun now. We should wait.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Add to that we have a bunch more RW on the roster or in the minors (TT, Williams, Gauthier, Necas) adding him just creates more of a glut on one side of the ice.
I agree. The Canes really need a shooting/scoring LW to play with Svechnikov both this year and for the future--unless Svechnikov kills it playing LW tonight. I know we disagreed earlier, but that is why I like Saad. An even more enticing opition is Schenn--posters here are often way off base, but if STL is willing to move him, the Canes need to give it a serious offer. If the Canes are still in playoff hunt in late January, Nyquist would be a good rental.

The problem is that there aren't that many offensively-productive LWs on teams that would move them.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I agree. The Canes really need a shooting/scoring LW to play with Svechnikov both this year and for the future--unless Svechnikov kills it playing LW tonight. I know we disagreed earlier, but that is why I like Saad. An even more enticing opition is Schenn--posters here are often way off base, but if STL is willing to move him, the Canes need to give it a serious offer. If the Canes are still in playoff hunt in late January, Nyquist would be a good rental.

The problem is that there aren't that many offensively-productive LWs on teams that would move them.
I'd love Schenn and Nyquist could be a good add as well, though the UFA status makes me nervous about that. I'd be willing to do Saad as well, but that would have to be for a bargain price, not a Faulk or Pesce price. And absolutely no 1st.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I'd love Schenn and Nyquist could be a good add as well, though the UFA status makes me nervous about that. I'd be willing to do Saad as well, but that would have to be for a bargain price, not a Faulk or Pesce price. And absolutely no 1st.

Nyquist is a less selfish (with the puck) / less skilled skinner. Plays a more responsible defensive game but doesn't have Skinners stick skills. Hes hot right now so his value isn't at its highest. My guess is the wings are looking for a Tatar type deal (1st +) with this much time left in the season so it's best to wait for him to cool off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad