The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Still would love to find a way to acquire Saad. Good scoring touch, solid two-way game, useful on PK.
From both a cost and need standpoint I think Saad is the best option. What I like about Saad is that he is young enough to be part of the future, yet could help make the playoffs this year as a LW on a line with Svechnikov. I am realistic enough to understand that the Canes are two years away from being a good team. But to get there they need to help Svechnikov have the best possible rookie season.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
From both a cost and need standpoint I think Saad is the best option. What I like about Saad is that he is young enough to be part of the future, yet could help make the playoffs this year as a LW on a line with Svechnikov. I am realistic enough to understand that the Canes are two years away from being a good team. But to get there they need to help Svechnikov have the best possible rookie season.
He's paid $6M per year and in his "comeback" year on pace for 45 points. His high water mark was 53 points, twice. And he has a NTC his final year which is the expansion draft year, so he'd have to be protected.

No thanks.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He's paid $6M per year and in his "comeback" year on pace for 45 points. His high water mark was 53 points, twice. And he has a NTC his final year which is the expansion draft year, so he'd have to be protected.

No thanks.

I thought only NMC required protection? At least that was the case for the Vegas rules. Have the Seattle rules been posted?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think they are the same rules. I was remembering that NTC had to be protected. I could easily be wrong, though. He has a modified NTC his final season.

Only No Movement had to be protected. So less of an issue but I still see the risk with the point totals.

In many ways, Saad is a great fit for what Rod is trying to do with this squad. Which might make him the worst addition to make; Rod needs more skill forced upon him.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

No thanks.
What they said, but also: a Movement Clause that hasn't yet gone effective doesn't automatically follow in the SPC when the player is traded. The Receiving Club has the option to honor (or not honor) it, in the form (I understand) of an addendum signed by the Receiving Club and the Player stating so.

And unless he foolishly extends himself, his contract will end about a week after the Seattle Expansion Draft. (But if he extends during 2020-21, he can try demand a NMC that's effective immediately already after signing and registering the SPC, so there's that).

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
Buffalo Sabe rs Suck!
14bwh6.jpg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I propose an update to our drinking game for us HF Canes fans.

1 shot - to start every Canes game. Why you ask? Well... it’s because it’s the freaking Hurricanes....

1 shot - every time we outshoot a team by 10 shots and manage to lose game

1 shot - for every period Rod refuses to change the current lineup that can’t score goals

1 shot - for every time a fan comes onto our GDT to compliment our losing team and mentions we’ll be good soon

1 shot - for every bad trade proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->