The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Nylander has the most leverage Nov. 30th. He can refuse to sign with anyone else, killing his trade value. Sitting out a year does nothing to help Dubas' position: also hurts Nylanders trade value and we go through this again when Nylander has help with Matthews and Marner.

He gets with traded no warning for an amount which will send the leafs board into apoplectic rage: or two year bridge, with rumored promise that willy won't get traded, at the 11th hour.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Nylander has the most leverage Nov. 30th. He can refuse to sign with anyone else, killing his trade value. Sitting out a year does nothing to help Dubas' position: also hurts Nylanders trade value and we go through this again when Nylander has help with Matthews and Marner.

He gets with traded no warning for an amount which will send the leafs board into apoplectic rage: or two year bridge with rumored promise that willy won't get traded at the 11th hour.

Kinda feels like the most likely outcome.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don't think Nylander is willing to take any bridge at this point due to the uncertainty surrounding the expiring CBA. If he were to take a two year bridge, he wouldn't be under contract during a lockout and would get no money (I know no salaries are paid, but bonuses can cover that time). An even bigger issue with a short bridge deal is that there could be severe changes to the length of contracts and bonus structures allowed in the next CBA that he might not want to risk having to negotiate a new contract under.

I don't think the Leafs are going to get a "get out of long term deal free card" from Willie.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I don’t know why but this post just made me think of the TOR fans trying to convince the trade board that GMRF would have to trade the 2015 5th OA pick to TOR for them to consider taking on Semin’s contract. Those threads almost gave me an aneurysm.

I was searching my own past comments on players and came across a thread where Toronto fans were very excited about “Faulk for Gardiner + Marner” and us Canes fans were like “lol, nah bro”.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We're allowed to be idiots. We are from the south where we know nothing about hockey.

Is hockey that game where them sissy european boys run around that there grass field kicking that ball around? We southerners need to get them into our murica games like foosball and that game where y'all shoot that orange ball in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad