The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I understand the urgency due to the 9-year drought. Still, I see parallels with Winnipeg from 3 years ago. I mention this because Winnipeg hasn't really traded. They did rent Statsny last year.

Svechnikov isn't having the rookie season that Laine did. But he is starting to look like an NHL goal scorer. I was convinced before the season that Aho was a 1C and I honestly believe for the next 6-8 years (GET HIM SIGNED) his production will be comparable to Scheifele. Teravainen often gets criticized for not being tough/dominant when he is on the ice. However, his numbers are strikingly similar to Blake Wheeler's at the same age. Given his success in international play and last season, TT looks like a 45-50 assist player for quite a few seasons. Necas, while a center, has Ehlers-like speed. In the juniors, Mattheos is showing exciting goal-scoring skills.

Based on the parallels to the Jets, the missing piece is a top-flight sniper. A player who can turn Aho's and Teravainen's passes into one-timers, especially on the power play. That should be the focus of a trade--although having watched most of the Checkers games it is possible that Kuokannen could develop into that player. His one-timer on the power play has definitely improved.

The parallels aren't perfect, but for me they help see that the Canes are getting closer to being in the playoffs and then being a serious contender.

*I know--goaltending.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I understand the urgency due to the 9-year drought. Still, I see parallels with Winnipeg from 3 years ago. I mention this because Winnipeg hasn't really traded. They did rent Statsny last year.

Svechnikov isn't having the rookie season that Laine did. But he is starting to look like an NHL goal scorer. I was convinced before the season that Aho was a 1C and I honestly believe for the next 6-8 years (GET HIM SIGNED) his production will be comparable to Scheifele. Teravainen often gets criticized for not being tough/dominant when he is on the ice. However, his numbers are strikingly similar to Blake Wheeler's at the same age. Given his success in international play and last season, TT looks like a 45-50 assist player for quite a few seasons. Necas, while a center, has Ehlers-like speed. In the juniors, Mattheos is showing exciting goal-scoring skills.

Based on the parallels to the Jets, the missing piece is a top-flight sniper. A player who can turn Aho's and Teravainen's passes into one-timers, especially on the power play. That should be the focus of a trade--although having watched most of the Checkers games it is possible that Kuokannen could develop into that player. His one-timer on the power play has definitely improved.

The parallels aren't perfect, but for me they help see that the Canes are getting closer to being in the playoffs and then being a serious contender.

*I know--goaltending.

Yeahhhh goaltending. We ain’t got not no Hellebuyck.

But I do really see the similarities with us and Winnipeg outside of the goaltending.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
HFJets certainly were not happy about the goalie situation two years back. Hellebuyck clicked together all of the sudden, he didn't look like an answer to anything in the previous seasons.

Steve Mason was signed as UFA at $8.3M/2y on July 1st, 2017 to be the man in the Jets.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The only justification Leafs fans have in insisting RFA holdout William Nylander needs Pesce + to even get the conversation started is Hall for Larsson.

I don't know if Dundon is willing to give Nylander a lockout proof contract though ($ for that year in signing bonuses).

Who do we think are comparables of the recent RFAs? Draisaitl got $7M in signing bonus and $2M in regular salary for both '20-'21 and '22-'23, but we are not thinking of him obviously. Nylander probably is.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hamilton + Svechnikov for Nylander.

I think we've found the holy grail.

I've been waiting a long time for the right "offer" to use this one on.

tumblr_p3sxzbzwus1qjvhnzo3_r3_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad