The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I totally missed someone calling me boy. There was impressive amount of bullshit flying around in there....being a Leafs fan must be glorious. We're all lesser human beings to them. I was blessed enough to have them condescend to me....

My god it would be like checking something off my bucket list to have us get Nylander for TVR and a package....or for Faulk and a third round pick. Pour their salty tears into a margarita.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I totally missed someone calling me boy. There was impressive amount of bull**** flying around in there....being a Leafs fan must be glorious. We're all lesser human beings to them. I was blessed enough to have them condescend to me....

My god it would be like checking something off my bucket list to have us get Nylander for TVR and a package....or for Faulk and a third round pick. Pour their salty tears into a margarita.

Hurricanes - Stanley Cup Champions = 2006.
Leafs - Stanley Cup Champions = 1967.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I totally missed someone calling me boy. There was impressive amount of bull**** flying around in there....being a Leafs fan must be glorious. We're all lesser human beings to them. I was blessed enough to have them condescend to me....

My favorite was the guy harping on about how @StormCast is basically a moron, then misspelling Dunning-Kruger in an attempt to look not unsmart.

Or the other one who was insisting that the eye test can’t be trusted because of biased fanboys, and fancy stats are the best way of judging exactly how good a player is.

I should chance my signature to ‘lies, damn lies, and statistics’ and see if he notices.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Is there any doubt that those same posters that are so adamant about Nylander's greatness will turn around and trash the guy if he's dealt for any return that isn't noticeably poor? I can see the phrases used in post-trade rationale now: soft, perimeter player, winger, by-product of Matthews, overpaid, greedy, peaked, great trade, _____ (NHL GM) is an idiot, Kapanen > Nylander, etc.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
My favorite was the guy harping on about how @StormCast is basically a moron, then misspelling Dunning-Kruger in an attempt to look not unsmart.

Or the other one who was insisting that the eye test can’t be trusted because of biased fanboys, and fancy stats are the best way of judging exactly how good a player is.

I should chance my signature to ‘lies, damn lies, and statistics’ and see if he notices.
Yeah, those guys were pieces of...of...uh....work. ;)

Dunning-Kruger Dude also insisted, like the other guy, that advanced stats was the only reliable way to assess a player and then quickly demonstrated he didn't even understand how to interpret advanced stats. All while acknowledging he hadn't seen Pesce play. Unreal.

Last edited:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Pens fan just nosing around; Are Canes fans feeling like Faulk's abilities have dropped or just that there's an excess of good D on Carolina and he'd be a good trading piece?
More like the last couple years he struggled to find himself added mass (Str) and lowered his already not great ability to start and stop and cover back (Stronger but slower). This year he's lightened back up a bit and is playing better but we have 4 RD and he's the one we can most easily part with. (Relative to value we think we can extract. ) and we have some internal replacements potentially.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Pens fan just nosing around; Are Canes fans feeling like Faulk's abilities have dropped or just that there's an excess of good D on Carolina and he'd be a good trading piece?

He's looking much better this season when you pair him with a stable veteran instead of a young kid who wants to attack (de Haan vs Hanifin.)

Why is Faulk being "shopped" among the RHD?
Pesce is younger and signed long-term, and Faulk will get a better return than TVR. Plus Hamilton should cover Faulk's PP role.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
*sigh* Well if GMJR hadn't spent all our cap space on Jack MF Johnson I would have liked to see him try for Faulk. As it stands, the Pens' D would be massively improved simply by making JJ a healthy scratch. Pens could really use Faulk but they've already got the 3rd most expensive blue line in the NHL (sadly).
It’s hilarious how JR ALWAYS gets his guy.

The price he pays to get the guy is usually less amusing, however.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Is it just me, or does it seem like every year Penguins fans seem to want to offer the league the next big "breakout" prospect for a high price tag...often times after said player has seen a good year playing with Malkin or Crosby, where they definitely weren't riding coattails....

One year it was Beau, one year was Sheary, one was Rust, early last year was Maatta after an early hot start, and by the trade deadline last year I remember Pens insisting Sprong was worth 1st+ in value. And it seems like every year, opposing fans were right about bringing down Pens fans egos a bit...Beau couldn't move from the AHL to NHL, Sheary was traded for much less than their asking price the previous year, Rust is a decent middle-sixer (not top liner), Maatta is worth more to them than anyone else (basically nothing), and now Sprong can't break out of the AHL into their top 9 and he's dropping down to Poolparty status/value. Any takers on who this year's "breakout" guy will be that they insist is worth tons and by next year are trying to offload for anything decent in return?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Unprotected and without lube.

mgid:ao:image:mtv:407297

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad