The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread Part 4: Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots EVERYBODY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ignoring my very well thought-out and perfectly expressed first post on the matter (as you are), not only does this deal not address the one thing any Hurricanes trade at this point *must* address (scoring at center ice), it also ignores that your dolt of a GM has already made it clear he will not trade within the conference, even if it means another team being allowed to turn a profit merely serving as a go-between (see Sharks, San Jose). So I don't get what we're doing here.

I don't think you need to be condescending but you do you my mate. If you look in your notifications you will actually see that I liked your comment right after you made it....

The trade does get you out of a bad (and longer) contract that you guys just put on waivers so there's that. Being able to get rid of a contract like Darlings in a deal for a 3rd pairing D is not something that's usually in the cards at all so while I understand that you want a C, I don't see a scenario where you get rid of Darling contract right now. Believe it or not that has value as well. You guys could buyout Condon with only a year left and that would give you more flexibility going forward (vs buying out Darling)

Ottawa will not trade in the conference? Sure if we're talking about elite players like Hoffman and Karlsson, that's an entirely different scenario and conversation I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Ottawa wouldn't trade Boedker and Condon in the division that's literally absurd...

I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't trade Aho in the division but who cares if Darling is trade in the conference? It's the same concept. Boedker will not come back and haunt the Sens just like TVR will not come back and haunt the Canes let's not kid ourselves.

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I don't think you need to be condescending but you do you my mate. If you look in your notifications you will actually see that I liked your comment right after you made it....

Trying to be funny, not condescending. But you don't know me, so ... sorry.

The trade does get you out of a bad (and longer) contract that you guys just put on waivers so there's that. Being able to get rid of a contract like Darlings in a deal for a 3rd pairing D is not something that's usually in the cards at all so while I understand that you want a C, I don't see a scenario where you get rid of Darling contract right now. Believe it or not that has value as well. You guys could buyout Condon with only a year left and that would give you more flexibility going forward.

Ottawa will not trade in the conference? Sure if we're talking about elite players like Hoffman and Karlsson, that's an entirely different scenario and conversation I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Ottawa wouldn't trade Boedker and Condon in the division that's literally absurd...

I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't trade Aho in the division but who cares if Darling is trade in the conference? It's the same concept. Boedker will not come back and haunt the Sens just like TVR will not come back and haunt the Canes let's not kid ourselves.

It sure sounds reasonable that Ottawa would do a smaller deal in the conference, but from what I've heard of Dorian, "reasonable" isn't one of the words that comes up first.

And again, I see the value of dumping Darling's contract. But that's already sunk cost for us. Condon would have to go to the AHL and take time away from our prospects there, just like Darling, since we have Mrazek/McElhinney at the NHL level (although I'm on record as wanting to waive Mrazek as soon as Darling clears). It's just not the trade we need right now. We've got one shot to deal from strength at RD and this isn't it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Trying to be funny, not condescending. But you don't know me, so ... sorry.

It sure sounds reasonable that Ottawa would do a smaller deal in the conference, but from what I've heard of Dorian, "reasonable" isn't one of the words that comes up first.

And again, I see the value of dumping Darling's contract. But that's already sunk cost for us. Condon would have to go to the AHL and take time away from our prospects there, just like Darling, since we have Mrazek/McElhinney at the NHL level (although I'm on record as wanting to waive Mrazek as soon as Darling clears). It's just not the trade we need right now. We've got one shot to deal from strength at RD and this isn't it.

That's totally fair!

We badly need a RD but definitely not at the cost of the type of player you guys are likely going for. We have Logan Brown that could be available (or Chris Tierney/ JG Pageau) but doubt it's moves the needle since Necas is going to be an impact player.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
That's totally fair!

We badly need a RD but definitely not at the cost of the type of player you guys are likely going for. We have Logan Brown that could be available (or Chris Tierney/ JG Pageau) but doubt it's moves the needle since Necas is going to be an impact player.

I still want us to go all-out for Duchene, but I'm in the minority around here. Last year, the excuse was he's on the decline. This year, he's getting old. Evidently, there is no perfect time to trade for Matt Duchene.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I still want us to go all-out for Duchene, but I'm in the minority around here. Last year, the excuse was he's on the decline. This year, he's getting old. Evidently, there is no perfect time to trade for Matt Duchene.

Last year, the "excuse" was that 1.5-2 years of Duchene wasn't worth a good young defenseman like Hanifin.

Then it turns out according to Colorado's own announcers that the Avs insisted upon Slavin for Duchene. Even more obvious the answer is hell no to that.

I'm on board with Duchene at a rental price and with the opportunity to negotiate immediately.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Last year, the "excuse" was that 1.5-2 years of Duchene wasn't worth a good young defenseman like Hanifin.

Then it turns out according to Colorado's own announcers that the Avs insisted upon Slavin for Duchene. Even more obvious the answer is hell no to that.

I'm on board with Duchene at a rental price and with the opportunity to negotiate immediately.
Just look at the deal ottawa pulled. It was insane before the 1st became a lottery pick. I would guess Ottawa won’t deal Duchene, if anything just to save face. And if they do they weirdly seem willing only to deal with Western conference teams. So I only see Duchene being realistic as a free agent. So I don’t think Duchene is realistic.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I started tuning those EDM trade threads out a long time ago. Those fans are a close contender with the leafs fans for one of the worst fan bases in hockey.
Chaotic is probably one of the worst posters on this site. It really is like clockwork how he comes in and completely derails conversations when he perceives a slight toward his beloved team.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
lol. Whatever you do don't mention trading Justin Faulk to the oilers CO will really lose it. :naughty:
5yZJ.gif

He already doesn't like me, lets make this fun

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Get ready for the ***t storm

I can't see how he'd be mad; it was in response to this:

"The only way Draisaitl is traded is:

- u25 top 6 RW with term or top 6 C with term + good RHD comes back (Turris+Ellis for Draisaitl+money out + futures)

- cut above forward comes back (Drai+Futures for Scheifele)

- elite defenceman comes back (Drai+Futures for Hedman)

That’s it."

TT is a top 6 RW (my offer included him resigned) and Faulk is now a good RHD again.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Chaotic is probably one of the worst posters on this site. It really is like clockwork how he comes in and completely derails conversations when he perceives a slight toward his beloved team.

I swear that dude must spend every one of his waking hours trolling the trades board for perceived slights. It'd be funny if it wasn't so unhealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->