Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Your mom's pretty gangsta if she knows who Fabo is. Respect!

Oh man, I haven't had a chance to listen to this song yet as I'm at work, but Cole is one of that GOATs for me. He's in the same tier as Nas, Em and Pac who are the cream of the crop, imo. Honestly, he's one of that top artists of all time in any genre.

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
2Pac
J Cole...

...Would probably make up my Mt Rushmore of music. Hyped as hell for this album.
I'm pumped for the Cole album too, and agree with the accolades of being GOATED. I would definitely put Kendrick there too. I mean, Forest Hills Drive & Born Sinner are amazing albums but so is GKMC. But kung Fu Kenny definitely needs a release soon

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm pumped for the Cole album too, and agree with the accolades of being GOATED. I would definitely put Kendrick there too. I mean, Forest Hills Drive & Born Sinner are amazing albums but so is GKMC. But kung Fu Kenny definitely needs a release soon
Kendrick is a beast too, but I'm more of a fan of his old stuff (Poe Man's Dreams, Sing About Me, Keisha's Song, Opposites Attract, Cut You Off etc...). His new stuff is good too, but it doesn't hit my soul the same way.

You're right, though- he's been AWOL for a while now. He hasn't released an album since 2017, and I can't remember many collabs since then. Cole has been way more active the past few years, and was MURDERING collabs.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Kendrick is a beast too, but I'm more of a fan of his old stuff (Poe Man's Dreams, Sing About Me, Keisha's Song, Opposites Attract, Cut You Off etc...). His new stuff is good too, but it doesn't hit my soul the same way.

You're right, though- he's been AWOL for a while now. He hasn't released an album since 2017, and I can't remember many collabs since then. Cole has been way more active the past few years, and was MURDERING collabs.
Honestly man, I feel as if Joey Badass was born/around in the Nas and Kanye era.. he could of been deemed in the conversation as one of the all time greats. His albums (especially 199/AAB/Summer Knights) are classics. He barely ever misses ngl.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
J. Cole new freestyle.

Dopppppeee
'I send n***** to address the lord!*

'No Cosby but if n***** is sleeping then f*** em!*

'My new crib got a times square view to it
My two bitches lay in my bed Im used to it
Thats your bestfriend given me head now you do it'

'Put the fear of god in n***** Im pure devil'

'Play the game right he gon rest his mom'

Next please, eat rappers errmm, check please here's a tip while n***** grip mu testes'

This shit is full of BARS. Really hoping he delivers on this album. I haveng been a huge fan of his past two albums. 2014 FHD was a classic, tho.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just finished Cole's album and it's a classic. Right up there with FNL and 2014 FHD. It's crazy how much this man's style has evolved since the warm up.

Funny thing is- he mentions being on everyone's mt rushmore now. Had me thinking FACTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad