Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My mom texted me and said she met Fabolous at a brunch spot this morning in VA beach, random af but cool. Said she he was a super nice dude, gotta love moms lol

Your mom's pretty gangsta if she knows who Fabo is. Respect!

First song from the album dropping next week.

Oh man, I haven't had a chance to listen to this song yet as I'm at work, but Cole is one of that GOATs for me. He's in the same tier as Nas, Em and Pac who are the cream of the crop, imo. Honestly, he's one of that top artists of all time in any genre.

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
2Pac
J Cole...

...Would probably make up my Mt Rushmore of music. Hyped as hell for this album.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Your mom's pretty gangsta if she knows who Fabo is. Respect!

Oh man, I haven't had a chance to listen to this song yet as I'm at work, but Cole is one of that GOATs for me. He's in the same tier as Nas, Em and Pac who are the cream of the crop, imo. Honestly, he's one of that top artists of all time in any genre.

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
2Pac
J Cole...

...Would probably make up my Mt Rushmore of music. Hyped as hell for this album.

Making a top 3 or 5 is so f***ing hard :laugh: If I go by who made the most impact in my life and who I listen to the most my top 3 list looks like this:

1) Jay-Z
2) DMX
3) Nipsey Hussle

If I had to choose 3 artists to listen to for the rest of my life that would be my list. There’s so many left out tho... Biggie, Nas, Kendrick, 2 Pac, J Cole, Drake, Lil Wayne, Kanye just to name a few.

Reactions: max21

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Man, I really miss when neighbourhoods/cities/regions/countries had their own style.
I disagree...I think they still do.

UK has its own sound. France too.

Toronto - (J neat, Houdini [RIP], Burna Bandz, Duvy, Pressa, Lil Berete, Northside Benji)

Memphis (Young Dolph, Moneybagg yo, Key Glock, Pooh Shiesty, Big 30, Blac Youngsta)

Upstate NY (Conway The Machine, Benny The Butcher, Stove God Cooks, Tha God Fahim)

The Bay - (Mozzy, Drakeo the ruler, Philthy ricch)

Atlanta - (Lil Baby, Young Thug, Gunna etc

Louisiana - (NBA YoungBoy / Quando Rando / Kevin Gates)

Chicago lost it’s drill sound of the early 2010s (Chief Keef, Lil Bibby, G Herbo, Lil Durk, Fredo Santana [RIP], Lil Reese) but Chicago is probably gonna catch a new sound with time.

I think NYC are the ones kinda lost right now because they are bitting from ATL and the UK drill heavy but it’s the hiphop cycle. It’s gonna change over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il and Club
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad