Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Whole Lotta Garbage
It’ll be better received in a few months I think. I didn’t like Die Lit when I first heard it but it’s got some real classic joints on it.

I gotta be drunk and have someone to punch listening to this music though, so I turned that shit off and went to bed last night.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Listening to “Circles” for the 20th time with a nice cigar and a nicer bourbon.

What a loss to the music world. Mac Miller was such a special talent. f***in Ariana Grande, ugh. Drugs, alcohol, and heartbreak...devastating combo. It’s a tough lesson for all young men to learn but it’s best to learn it fast so you don’t throw your life off course.

RIP to a musical talent not known by enough people.

Reactions: Cold Cat

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

What a loss to the music world. Mac Miller was such a special talent. f***in Ariana Grande, ugh. Drugs, alcohol, and heartbreak...devastating combo. It’s a tough lesson for all young men to learn but it’s best to learn it fast so you don’t throw your life off course.

huh didn't even know he was with Grande. He was a talented individual.
personally cant say I enjoyed circles. for me it was just a lot of the same monotone voice with the same flow over a nice slow beat. It is a good album to throw on in the background while your doing something at home, or in an elevator or the perfect hold music.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Pressa's new project is def his best production wise. His voice is pretty unique so some of the mixing I'd heard on his voice was pretty shit, but this new project is cohesive.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
OK folks, I need some new (to me) Hip Hop to listen to.

I'm a life-long metal head that recently started to get into rap/hip-hop, so not exactly sure how to classify which flavor I'm looking for. Deep and introspective? I guess...

Something in the vein of Cunninlynguists, Cecil Otter, Eyedea, No Bird Sing, Aesop Rock.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

I'm a life-long metal head that recently started to get into rap/hip-hop, so not exactly sure how to classify which flavor I'm looking for. Deep and introspective? I guess...

Something in the vein of Cunninlynguists, Cecil Otter, Eyedea, No Bird Sing, Aesop Rock.

cant go wrong with Nas -illmatic to start off your search with. it's good to revisit a classic masterpiece.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How are people feeling about how this Snoop v. Em stuff is developing?

I'm with the side that hopes they talk it out behind closed doors and squash it. They're absolutely right that regardless of how the actual battle might go down it would be terrible for the culture and only increase tension and racial divide (hell, it'll end up much more about that than Em v. Snoop).

That said I thought Snoop did Em dirty there. I know it's just an opinion and he has a right to it of course, but the way he went about it and I agree completely with what Em said about his 'energy'.

Also listening to a few of the podcasts and meetups since especially with Nickle reminds me how much I like him too. Royce is awesome.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

I'm with the side that hopes they talk it out behind closed doors and squash it. They're absolutely right that regardless of how the actual battle might go down it would be terrible for the culture and only increase tension and racial divide (hell, it'll end up much more about that than Em v. Snoop).

That said I thought Snoop did Em dirty there. I know it's just an opinion and he has a right to it of course, but the way he went about it and I agree completely with what Em said about his 'energy'.

Also listening to a few of the podcasts and meetups since especially with Nickle reminds me how much I like him too. Royce is awesome.

As far as I have saw Snoop just said his bar was soft af. I hope they battle. A back and forth isn't about race its about showing lyrical supremacy. those that make it about race are not part of the culture but part of the problem.

Reactions: Cold Cat

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I'm not very familiar with those artists but I know a couple of them are more alternative hip hop so you may like the recently deceased MF Doom. Others you might like are Immortal Technique, Ill Bill and Jedi Mind Tricks. The Roots are a great older hip hop group.

A lot of my favourite rappers are from the 90's/early 00s like Wu Tang Clan(as a group and solo albums), Biggie, Big L, Nas, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Jadakiss, Gang Starr etc.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That first bar in the new Em song... lmfao. Trash. Don’t know what’s worse, that one or the window pane (pain) line.

the beat is sick though

edit: b**** you still on my d*** or naw? If I suck your wife is a straw

Naw man Em needs to put down the pen. Lmfao Jesus Christ
Eminem can still bring it. He has a few songs on this new album that bang. Last album had a few as well. Kamikaze was his best album in a long time. The truth is- Eminem has put out more albums than damn near any rapper has ever. His sound can get a bit redundant due to that + he's not nearly as angry as he used to be. Still, 99% of the game can't sniff his jock strap when he's pissed off.

And, honestly, you can find weak bars on damn near every rappers albums. And that's a fact, jack.

I truly hope you're not blaming her for his death. The man was an addict. Plain and simple. Sad stuff. No doubt about it. He didn't deserve to die. He deserved to heal and live a full life, but Ariana Grande doesn't deserve any blame for what happened to Mac.

I'm always down for an old fashion rap beef as long as it doesn't get violent, which, let's be honest- Snoop and Em are so far removed from the street life that I doubt it'd ever get that serious.

Em would mop the floor with Snoop, though, even if he's far removed from his prime. Snoop doesn't rap anymore. Eminem hasn't stopped rapping since he first picked up the mic.

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Eminem’s verse on Scary Movies is one of my favourite verses ever. He barely swore on it and painted such a vividly ****ed up image.

I hate his new music but man the guy is such a musical legend it’s not even funny.

Reactions: Yung Rotini

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Im liking all these Collabs Funk Flex and Kayslay are putting out.

These two tracks are polar opposites but solid in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad