Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Have to admit that YNW Melly is very talented. But boy I can't even look at him with his pending charges, so f***ed up. That Murder on My Mind track is haunting and unremorseful.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m fine with Denzel Curry getting recognition from the RATM cover. More people will finally listen to him. Dude is still underrated/underappreciated even after having the best album of the year in 2018 in the genre.

Reactions: Franson

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Offset project is okay.

I AM YOU by Melly is in heavy heavy rotation. Same with Freddy Krueger by Melly.

Can't lie, I think I'm drawn to artists that have allegedly done terrible things.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Offset's TBC interview fyeee.

To the guy who keeps saying hip hop artists are all morally corrupt and what not, you should check it out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I AINT READY

We’re really about to have a year where Q, Kendrick, Chance, Gambino, Tyler, Bada$$/Beast Coast, Rocky all drop. God damn.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I wasn’t completely sure if he was dropping this year but it makes sense.

This year’s releases are gonna top last years.

Last year set a pretty high bar, but we'll see. If Kendrick is dropping, that's already a head start.

2018 was just such an insane year though, felt like every week there was a monumental album to listen to.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Last year set a pretty high bar, but we'll see. If Kendrick is dropping, that's already a head start.

2018 was just such an insane year though, felt like every week there was a monumental album to listen to.
I hope TDE is gonna run the summer.

Soul, Isaiah, Q, Kendrick... all of them. Give it to me all. And then drop another Black Hippy project just to one-up the GOOD summer run of 2018.

I do think Kendrick is going to drop this year. He seems to drop every two years.

Tyler follows the same pattern so I’m assuming he’s dropping. I also really want the WANG$AP project (STOP LYING TYLER WE ALL KNOW IT EXISTS), Rocky is dropping I think, Cole. Those names alone make it for me (along with the TDE crew), so anything extra is a bonus (Chance, Gambino... i’d also love another Denzel project but he JUST put a fantastic one out in the summer).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I hope TDE is gonna run the summer.

Soul, Isaiah, Q, Kendrick... all of them. Give it to me all. And then drop another Black Hippy project just to one-up the GOOD summer run of 2018.

I do think Kendrick is going to drop this year. He seems to drop every two years.

Tyler follows the same pattern so I’m assuming he’s dropping. I also really want the WANG$AP project (STOP LYING TYLER WE ALL KNOW IT EXISTS), Rocky is dropping I think, Cole. Those names alone make it for me (along with the TDE crew), so anything extra is a bonus (Chance, Gambino... i’d also love another Denzel project but he JUST put a fantastic one out in the summer).
Yup, hip-hop is in a golden state right now.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Man I hadn't heard this track in over ten years. If you kids were of age at the time, when this would come up in a club... The woman singing A cappella at the beginning was basically a 30 second interlude for girls and softies to get the hell off the dance floor cause once that beat dropped, the dance floor became a war zone.

Another of my favorite club bangers at the time. When this would come on, whatever you could get your hands on to (speaker, table, chair, wall, the bar) EVERYONE was tapping to the beat in there.

God I miss the Golden Age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad