Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
going about 7.5-8/10 on CrasH Talk tbh.

I expected some more bangers and hard gangster rap, but this is a really good album imo

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
First thoughts on schoolboys new album is.....Meh

Will try it again at the gym tomorrow
Listened to the entire thing again this morning

Definitely a “meh” rating. Few decent songs, but nothing too special. Lots of music I’d listen to before going back to any of the tracks on this album

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
I'm a huge fan of hip hop and Jay Z and Tupac Shakur are my favs. These guys inspired me to start learning how to make my own music. I'm going to buy best condenser mic under 500 for my home studio. Want to become a pro one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stylizer1

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Listened to the entire thing again this morning

Definitely a “meh” rating. Few decent songs, but nothing too special. Lots of music I’d listen to before going back to any of the tracks on this album
I kind of feel the same way. It’s pretty good but going back and listening Q’s older stuff his bar is so much higher then crashtalk I feel.

Reactions: KapG

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Back at 7.5-8 for Q because I listened to Blank Face again lol

It’s a different album and sound from him though for sure. Attention and 5200 are instant repeats. The entire second half of the album is crazy though. I love Gang Gang and the seamless transition into Tales too. I can honestly say I only hate Chopstix on the album.

Also feels kinda sad that Q said this is the first album he’s made where he’s truly happy (not depressed) and full of love.

Unrelated, Tyler dropping soon I’m so f***ing excited

Also, Beast Coast. I’m so pumped. Left Hand is my favourite song of the year so far.

Last edited:

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Vinnie Paz and Tragedy Khadafi - Camouflage Regime is my hip hop album of the year so far.

Yeah, been putting it on repeat on spotify. Pretty solid album if you're into that. Paz sounds grimey as f*** on this Haha.. pretty hardcore content, it's all gun play, killing, crime, battle rap/threats etc. Solid production all around.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, been putting it on repeat on spotify. Pretty solid album if you're into that. Paz sounds grimey as **** on this Haha.. pretty hardcore content, it's all gun play, killing, crime, battle rap/threats etc. Solid production all around.
It's really good. I normally don't dig that kind of theme in rap, but I've been a fan of Paz since Violent by Design. I just love his delivery and enjoy this just for what it is. Whole album is just raw.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
It's really good. I normally don't dig that kind of theme in rap, but I've been a fan of Paz since Violent by Design. I just love his delivery and enjoy this just for what it is. Whole album is just raw.
Yeah I f***s with Paz too. Haven't listened to pain collector though, heard its meh. Really liked cornerstone of the cornerstore.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Qs album took me a couple of listens to get into. 5200 is my favorite followed by Dangerous and CrasH. Gang Gang, Lies and Attention all bang too. CHopstix and Numb Numb Juice I didn't like at first but they grew on me.

Definitely a lot different than his first few albums. It's not better than Habits or Oxymoron but might be better than Blank Face.

PnB Rock's album dropped today and I'm really feeling it so far through a couple listens at work. Middle Child, f*** Up The City, Now Or Never 2.0, Swervin, All These Bandz (huge Tory Lanez fan here).

Reactions: tacogeoff

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The more I listened to CrasH Talk the more I've gotten bored with it lmao

It doesn't help that I listened to Oxymoron and Blank Face over the past two days and couldn't make it through CrasH Talk again. Ugh. I'm sad I ruined it for myself now lol

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

Wow can’t believe no one mentioned this album scrolling back to March. Lemme put y’all on..

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tyler really out here not only never ever responding to Em’s diss in Kamikaze, but putting Relapse on his story since it’s 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad