Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Still having random issues with the service. Sometimes a movie/show won't start, other times it does but then an error pops up. Both on my laptop and Roku.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
As the father of a nine year old, this service is SPECTACULAR. It blows the childrens content available anywhere else out of the water. Netflix isnt even close

With several young nieces and nephews currently, several on the way, and trying for kids of my own... this product couldn't have come at a better time. Combine that along with series that I will want to watch and nostalgic movies... what an amazing service. I'm curious how long the price will stay so reasonable.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I’m loving the catalog. Will say though the 90’s Spider-man animated series does not hold up :laugh:

I would be in a much bigger rush to sign up if a lot of those sort of "niche" shows hadn't already been on Netflix in the last couple years.

90's Spider-Man, X-Men, even the old stuff like Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends....all that was on Netflix Canada within the last 4 or 5 years.

And yeah, Spider-Man does not hold up. Its interesting to watch a bit, but not compelling at all.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
pfffffft. As if

Oh it's true, it's damn true. It's pretty much a common opinion now. Even IMDB score higher (8.2 to 8.1). The 80's show wasn't as "mature", fan service (classic Disney comics, Moon theme) individual personalities/voices, character development and flat out hilarious moments. Just binge it, you'll fall in love with the show as many have.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Oh it's true, it's damn true. It's pretty much a common opinion now. Even IMDB score higher (8.2 to 8.1). The 80's show wasn't as "mature", fan service (classic Disney comics, Moon theme) individual personalities/voices, character development and flat out hilarious moments. Just binge it, you'll fall in love with the show as many have.
I never did like the newer iterations of older cartoons such as Ninja Turtles and what not. I might give it a try one day

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I never did like the newer iterations of older cartoons such as Ninja Turtles and what not. I might give it a try one day

I recommend watching several episodes in a row because the one criticism in the show is that there's a lot of filler episodes between main plot/story. They range from good to ok to meh. I look forward to hearing you opinion of the favorite nephew. :laugh:

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
For anyone with ESPN+ how is it for hockey fans? It's much more affordable at 4.99 than the NHL's $25/month package.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Darby O’Gill and the Little People!

I’m sure I watched that as a little, little kid!

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
For anyone with ESPN+ how is it for hockey fans? It's much more affordable at 4.99 than the NHL's $25/month package.

It’s okay for hockey. For me it literally pays my bills. I work for one of the colleges that has started putting all of their games on ESPN+ and my roll is strictly broadcast. So corporate shill it’s great!

Reactions: shello

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One complaint with Disney+. Doesn’t show you which episodes of a show you’ve watched.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The video player is really good.

Edit: it's a bit clunkier than Netflix though, doesn't hold your place when you quit out and a bit too long buffering when skipping or fast forwarding.

Oh damn they have all the Simpsons episodes. I guess they own fox now so there's no licensing fees. Makes sense.

Also, the star wars sequels are still on Netflix in Canada. Disney doesn't have them at all. Actually now that I check, force awakens isn't on either.

Lol, they got steamboat Willie on here.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I apologize if its already been asked, I didn't know where else to direct the question, why does Disney plus only work on certain newer devices when most other streaming services have been backdated to work on devices much older. For example my Samsung tv is I guess just over the 3 year old mark and thus the Disney+ app is seemingly not available on it but every other streaming service is, why is this and is a chromecast/roku/firestick my only option really? Appreciate anyone in the know who can help me out with this!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I apologize if its already been asked, I didn't know where else to direct the question, why does Disney plus only work on certain newer devices when most other streaming services have been backdated to work on devices much older. For example my Samsung tv is I guess just over the 3 year old mark and thus the Disney+ app is seemingly not available on it but every other streaming service is, why is this and is a chromecast/roku/firestick my only option really? Appreciate anyone in the know who can help me out with this!

I think they plan to have it expanded to older TVs eventually, but it's just not available at this time.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I think they plan to have it expanded to older TVs eventually, but it's just not available at this time.

I can't really find any info related to the subject online, if you have anything can you dm me it if possible? Im just contemplating whether I pop out and grab a chromecast or not, if it will be a few weeks/months I can wait, if it will be years then I will grab one today haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00