Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
When I try to click Disney, Pixel or Marvel movies/shows I get a "something went wrong" message and do not go to the page. Even clicking individual videos under those brands won't work and I get stuck on the spinning wheel. Star Wars, National Geographic and other stuff seems to go to the individual TV/Movie page where I can hit play and it works fine and play videos.

Semi decent library in Canada from what I've seen so far.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Yeah I tried it on my PC - no windows app yet so in browser. And it wasn't working properly.

Episodes come out weekly.

Bleh. Forgot about that.

Im actually shocked that every streaming service doesnt do it.

Is the next step a personalized time release so that you cant wait until its done and then binge?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Bleh. Forgot about that.

Im actually shocked that every streaming service doesnt do it.

Is the next step a personalized time release so that you cant wait until its done and then binge?

I think the idea is to get people talking about it every week. Game of Thrones became huge in part because of the suspense it built on a weekly basis. People feared for their favourite characters, they came up with their own theories and they shared articles and tweets online plastering the show all over the internet.

If everyone watches the entire season in the span of a few days it will quickly be out of the spotlight until next year.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think the idea is to get people talking about it every week. Game of Thrones became huge in part because of the suspense it built on a weekly basis. People feared for their favourite characters, they came up with their own theories and they shared articles and tweets online plastering the show all over the internet.

If everyone watches the entire season in the span of a few days it will quickly be out of the spotlight until next year.

Not sure if I entirely buy that. I think its so they can charge you for three months (10 episode season) as opposed to one month

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I actually think the weekly release format is going to become more popular in the next few years as shows try to fight for attention, the number of shows out there now is insane.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've signed up and with a week free trial, technically haven't paid anything yet so they get a grace period.

I'm a software engineer, so I understand launch issues.

I'm sure their servers are getting hammered :laugh:

Reactions: irunthepeg

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't see the hype. Most the people excited for this own all the movies available. Act like it's a different movie because they can now stream it lol

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah... There was no way I was signing up on launch day. The technical difficulties were expected. I'll wait until it's more stable

Reactions: member 51464

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad