Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't see the hype. Most the people excited for this own all the movies available. Act like it's a different movie because they can now stream it lol

Most people? Lol. I don’t even own most of the Star Wars or Marvel movies, and those are the ones I love most. That shit is too expensive.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Don't you know every recent college graduate (a majority of which were children in what can be argued to be Disney animation's prime) has enough money to have 1000 Disney movies and shows on Blu-ray?

Personally I just don't own much physical media at all anymore (books are the only ones I prefer physical copies of), I prefer the convenience of streaming or playing local files.

Reactions: HanSolo

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Can someone clarify something for me before I purchase. Currently I have Hulu with no commercials as well as ESPN + which I understand come bundled with Disney +? How does that work exactly? Do I merge them on the Disney + side of things and only get one charge? Does Hulu on Disney + offer the no commercial option?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Went into the Search section and the into "Disney through the decades'.

Looking at the 90's list and it just keeps going and going.

Such a huge library.

I set up profiles for my kids and I was going through it and it's set up really nicely for them. Very easy to navigate through super heroes, to princesses to Toy Story collection.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Went into the Search section and the into "Disney through the decades'.

Looking at the 90's list and it just keeps going and going.

Such a huge library.

I set up profiles for my kids and I was going through it and it's set up really nicely for them. Very easy to navigate through super heroes, to princesses to Toy Story collection.
Make sure you let your kids watch the racist Disney movies from the 40s:thumbu:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Can someone clarify something for me before I purchase. Currently I have Hulu with no commercials as well as ESPN + which I understand come bundled with Disney +? How does that work exactly? Do I merge them on the Disney + side of things and only get one charge? Does Hulu on Disney + offer the no commercial option?

If you go to their website, you can sign up for it. I did not do that, so I'm not exactly sure how that works if you currently have those. Maybe want to Google that. I'm sure there are answers out there.

I do know for sure that the Hulu package includes commercials. That's the biggest downfall.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If you go to their website, you can sign up for it. I did not do that, so I'm not exactly sure how that works if you currently have those. Maybe want to Google that. I'm sure there are answers out there.

I do know for sure that the Hulu package includes commercials. That's the biggest downfall.
Found my answer. Turns out you can't sign up for the Hulu no commercial package with the Disney bundle. However, if you already have a Hulu no commercial or ESPN+ account, and THEN sign up for the Disney bundle, you will keep those services as long as you use the same email. You will then be credited on your monthly bill to reflect the bundle price. Pretty neat.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Found my answer. Turns out you can't sign up for the Hulu no commercial package with the Disney bundle. However, if you already have a Hulu no commercial or ESPN+ account, and THEN sign up for the Disney bundle, you will keep those services as long as you use the same email. You will then be credited on your monthly bill to reflect the bundle price. Pretty neat.

Wow, well worked out on their part! That's some good stuff right there.

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

That's pretty solid of them to credit you for the commercial version.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So, im a little concerned about the editing that Disney is doing with some shows.

Im not even talking about the clearly WRONG stuff from times gone by, but rather the little things like editing "Han shoots first" yet again in Star Wars. This is a slippery slope in my opinion.

Gonna be a lot of experiences of The Mendela Effect incoming, I think......

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Also, what do people think Netflix is going to do? For effectively half the price, Disney is offering a service on par if not better (im not even talking about the content). The amount of screens, the downloads, the quality (4k) etc.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
Also, what do people think Netflix is going to do? For effectively half the price, Disney is offering a service on par if not better (im not even talking about the content). The amount of screens, the downloads, the quality (4k) etc.

Netflix better scramble like crazy to develop their own shows/universes. They have to retain subscriptions with premium content if they're going to compete. Disney plus is poised to slay like crazy.

From what I've heard the Marvel shows are going to be insanely good then add in StarWars properties. Apparently Feige is now going to work on starwars which is just..ridiculous. If i were him i'd go straight to doing a KOTOR movie or even a show.

netflix will eventually adjust and deliver 4k and more flexible pricing. Soon there will be apple streaming service, universal studios too i think.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, im a little concerned about the editing that Disney is doing with some shows.

Im not even talking about the clearly WRONG stuff from times gone by, but rather the little things like editing "Han shoots first" yet again in Star Wars. This is a slippery slope in my opinion.

Gonna be a lot of experiences of The Mendela Effect incoming, I think......

The Star Wars edits were done by George Lucas before the sale to Disney. Apparently they were going to do a 3D release at some point but it never came to be.

So it’s not Disney tweaking Star Wars but Lucas just doing a little bit more.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The only reason I got this is for Fox Searchlight Pictures and I don't see any of their movies on here? Like "The Favourite" for example.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Do US accounts have X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men? I’m only seeing the X-Men 90s animated series, kinda bummed out.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The only reason I got this is for Fox Searchlight Pictures and I don't see any of their movies on here? Like "The Favourite" for example.
I know some stuff isn't available yet too. I think there's a list out there for what they are launching with and what they will add later. But yeah, rated R movies will likely end up on Hulu.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad