Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
One other issue I noticed is the sound is very quiet and it seems to only happen when I'm watching the Marvel movies. I watched Iron Man and Thor this weekend and I had to crank up the volume on both of them to hear some of the dialogue. Conversely, I also watched Remember the Titans, Star Wars and a few other non-Marvel movies and they seemed to stream at normal sound levels. This issue also happened on three separate televisions with three separate streaming devices.

Anyone else noticing this?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t know what I was expecting. I thought they owned more content. Oh well, great for the daughter though.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
One other issue I noticed is the sound is very quiet and it seems to only happen when I'm watching the Marvel movies. I watched Iron Man and Thor this weekend and I had to crank up the volume on both of them to hear some of the dialogue. Conversely, I also watched Remember the Titans, Star Wars and a few other non-Marvel movies and they seemed to stream at normal sound levels. This issue also happened on three separate televisions with three separate streaming devices.

Anyone else noticing this?

Yes - I have to crank the volume way higher than I do for other providers.

Also, watching The Mandalorian, my Vizio set went absolutely haywire trying to adjust the picture for brightness and color, perhaps due to the HDR or whatever Disney uses. I then tried to muck with the tv settings and ended up with a blacked out screen on all Disney content except the menus. Had to factory reset the TV and the Fire Stick, lol.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I got the bundle. Hulu's The Handmaiden is well made, but dark and depressing. I don't recommend it.

Then I went off topic and watched The Man in the High Castle. It was very good. Speaking of Amazon I'm looking forward to the new season of The Expanse in roughly a month.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I got the bundle. Hulu's The Handmaiden is well made, but dark and depressing. I don't recommend it.

Then I went off topic and watched The Man in the High Castle. It was very good. Speaking of Amazon I'm looking forward to the new season of The Expanse in roughly a month.

I'm excited to get the bundle, mainly because I want the ESPN+ stuff too. But, hard to say no the free year of just D+ from Verizon.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Lots of good stuff on Amazon Prime. I was able to get the student pricing ($40) for the year, so it really can't be beat for that price

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I was looking at the original trilogy last night and it looks really washed out, the contrast looks off. Can someone else verify this too?

The background image is the Disney Plus version, foreground is the DVD version.

disney-plus-sw.png

Reactions: Beau Knows

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was looking at the original trilogy last night and it looks really washed out, the contrast looks off. Can someone else verify this too?

The background image is the Disney Plus version, foreground is the DVD version.

View attachment 279249

As I brought up in the Episode 9 thread, Lucas himself added some touches before selling Lucasfilm to Disney. Including that Greedo line.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I got the bundle as well and if you sign up for ad-free hulu first you then get the bundle price but with ad-free hulu vs the bundle price but with hulu ads. Well worth it.

I basically only got Disney+ for Marvel stuff and a few other movies but I might try and get into Star Wars cause the Mandalorian looks awesome

Sep 19, 2008
I'm considering getting this as it is only 6 dollars a month and you can download movies for offline viewing which would help when I want to binge MArvel movies before the hockey games. What are the recommendations about this product so far.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I don’t know what I was expecting. I thought they owned more content. Oh well, great for the daughter though.

They do. The issue is that much of that content is still under streaming contracts for other services. Over the next few years, when those contract expire, expect more content for D+

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
New 10 episode Mighty Ducks series with Emilio Estevez coming this year. The Ducks will be the bad guys.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

problem is they are waiting on contracts to expire--also the issue is with ABCs on line stuff as well

What amuses me and only me is the fact people are complaining about the lack of more mature content

IT IS f***ING DISNEY PEOPLE

it is Disney+ it is not supposed to be aimed at anyone but families with kids and geeks like myself who love Marvel and Star wars movies

I am actually enjoying watching shows and movies from my childhood

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I like how Disney originally projected 60-90 million subscribers by 2024. They ought to be there by mid Summer, 3.5 years early. The article says that they rolled out the service to much of Europe only in the last few weeks, so many of the new subscribers over the next few months are liable to come from there, and the rest of Europe, all of Latin America and Japan are due by the end of the year.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
problem is they are waiting on contracts to expire--also the issue is with ABCs on line stuff as well

What amuses me and only me is the fact people are complaining about the lack of more mature content

IT IS f***ING DISNEY PEOPLE

it is Disney+ it is not supposed to be aimed at anyone but families with kids and geeks like myself who love Marvel and Star wars movies

I am actually enjoying watching shows and movies from my childhood

I'm waiting for FOX's contract with HBO to expire. Home Alone (I know they took it off Disney+), Night at the Museum, The Greatest Showman, X-Men, so many great movies.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Anyone still having streaming issues?

On ps4, gets laggy every 30-45 mins and I sometimes get the "internet disconnected" screen with Wreck-it Ralph when the internet is still clearly connected.

Don't have this issue using Netflix or YouTube on there.

Think I'll try using my fire stick and see if that works any better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->