The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Wrigley, Oct 20, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Wrigley

Wrigley The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Disney owns ABC, Disney Films obviously, ESPN, Lucas Film (Star Wars), Marvel, Pixar, and many more. There's gonna be a lot of news about this, but not all of it will be thread worthy. Let's post it here.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. jumptheshark

jumptheshark Rebooting myself Sponsor

currently creating a new identity
    did you just read my post in the Luke Cage threads? The feeling on the geek boards is we will see Cage and Iron fist on the streaming service in 2020

3. SJSharksfan39

SJSharksfan39 Registered User

I wonder if they will ease their restrictions on the Disney Vault with this service. I think movies like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin are in the Vault. Will they be released with the streaming service. Also, there's some animated films that I would love to revisit, like the 80s era and Oliver and Company. I do think with this being as big as it will be, it will challenge netflix.

I know it will never happen, but I would be pleasently surprised if Song of the South made it to the Streaming service. I don't expect it will, but just thinking.

Wrigley likes this.
  4. jumptheshark

it will be interesting to see what Marvel contracts move to the channel

Disney owns ABC so moving a rebooted agents of shield over wont be hard

as for the other marvel products--I know that in Sept 2019 the original Netflix/Marvel contract expires and it will be interesting what happens afterwards

5. Syckle78

Syckle78 Registered User

BS artist
    Knowing Disney they're going to load it up with a bunch of obscure and random junk.

6. Wrigley

Wrigley The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Nope. "Disney's new Netflix rival will be called Disney+ and launch late 2019
    • Disney's new streaming service, Disney+, will be a home for its past titles and original series, including new content from the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.
    • The company will pull its content from Netflix in 2019.
    • The service will also feature new, original shows and movies, including original Marvel and Star Wars series. Marvel fan favorite character Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston, will get an original series on the Disney+ service. A prequel series to Star Wars movie "Rogue One" about the character Cassian Andor, portrayed by Diego Luna, will also call the service home." Disney's new Netflix rival will be called Disney+ and launch late 2019

7. jumptheshark

Rogue one to be a series

8. discostu

discostu Registered User

Home Page:
    I posted this in another thread about this service recently, but I'll post it again.

I wonder if Disney will experiment with a Movie Pass type of program and piggy back it with their service. Movie Pass was extremely popular but not viable as a third party provider.

If Disney had a plan that gave you a fixed number of tickets each month to Disney films in the theatre combined without their streaming service at a reasonable price you could essentially have families that exclusively watch Disney content.

Nothing of this nature has been even hinted at by Disney though but it seems like they'd be well positioned to try it. I feel someone's is going to make that models work, and Disney seems like they're the among the best positioned.

9. Syckle78

Syckle78 Registered User

BS artist
    I don't know why you're saying nope ad if this proves anything. I'm sure they'll have a fee decent titles to draw people in but I don't trust them at all to give us a good selection of their library. I remember my grandma got the Disney channel in the 80s guessing around 85ish. They put nothing of note on there,nothing. It was loaded up with odds and ends of black and white low demand product that nobody would of consumed or cared to consumed otherwise. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath on it being worth it's sticker.