Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So apparently episodes for everything are going to release on a weekly basis instead the Netflix model. I genuinely like that.

That said I will probably wait until Christmas to sign up, then binge a few shows over the holidays.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
So apparently episodes for everything are going to release on a weekly basis instead the Netflix model. I genuinely like that.

That said I will probably wait until Christmas to sign up, then binge a few shows over the holidays.

I prefer the weekly release model. It brings the water cooler element to a show.

It'll be interesting how they do it though. HBO for example has their Sunday evening slot. Does Disney carve out a standard day of the week for their high profile originals, and if they do, do they target something like Sunday night to go against HBO, or aim for another night. Do they release it in all time zones simultaneously?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I hope its not Sunday. Honestly any day but Sunday. They're not just going up against HBO there but also NFL.

I would prefer Thursday or Friday. Don't most Netflix shows drop on Fridays?

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Will the Simpsons be on it? Didn't Disney buy Fox? Id like to be able to watch the good episodes whenever I want.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm bumping this, as it releases in a few days.

I haven't picked up a subscription. The back catalogue is intriguing, but not enough to justify a monthly price. Nothing in the original content side looks like it justifies at this stage. I'll wait to see if word of mouth on anything is really good, or my kids have a strong desire to get access to anything.

Honestly, if I picked up anything right now, I'd probably get HBO due to strong word of mouth on Watchmen, as well as final season of Silicon Valley.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm thinking I will subscribe in December. Binge The Mandalorian over Christmas, then probably cancel until the Marvel shows start releasing.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I got kids 5 and 3, so we'll be getting it day one.

Huge catalog and looking forward to rewatching some old cartoons.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Why isn’t the Weekenders going to be on it? Great Disney show. Absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll get it just to watch Fantasia and see what else is on.

Reactions: kingsboy11

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
So I have Unlimited with Verizon. I keep reading about the free year deal but can’t find any details on how I’d actually get access.

Does anyone know?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Why isn’t the Weekenders going to be on it? Great Disney show. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have never met anyone outside of my own family who has seen/heard of the Weekenders before! Yeah honestly don't know why its not there, but I have all the episodes on dvd at home so not the worst thing in the world for me. A seriously underrated show.

Reactions: Belieber

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Give it time. I'm sure they will be adding other shows as time passes on. Read something about other Disney shows that havent been added yet likely means they are still exclusively streamed by other websites

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad