The Nylander Chronicles Part XXI - Legal Drinking Age in the US Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
At this point, everything that needed to be said, has and on multiple occasions. Personally I am now in wait mode to see how this ends.

Reactions: Chungo2

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The counter-argument would be:

1) There's a lot of smoke from different places, and some of those are actually reliable, unlike Dreger.
2) The comments in media has fit that picture. If it was Leafs coming in low and Willy camp being reasonable, I'd think we would hear Gross in media. Their silence indicates they have nothing to win by getting their side out there.

That all makes sense but it still sounds like speculation and raises a few questions:

- who are these reliable sources you mention?
- have they mentioned specific numbers?
- have they said who they got these numbers from?
- did they mention numbers before Dreger admitted he was full of crap and no numbers had been leaked?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
LOL. I posted what I read/heard myself in the media so I know it's true. If you choose not to believe me that's fine but I know perfectly well what I read and heard. Dreger was full of crap and he admitted it. Perhaps you'd like to tell us what Sportsnet listed as their source, or did they even say? It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they said something like "what we've been hearing is ..." and their source was in fact Dreger.
:laugh::laugh:

You're an ultimate cheerleader for sure. This is textbook.

Doug MacLean has no sources and is terrible.

Dreger has no sources and is terrible.

LeBrun has no sources and is terrible.

TSN makes things up.

Sportsnet makes things up.

Bob Mackenzie has no sources and is terrible...

Go on .We're listening.

Meanwhile Toronto and Nylander still haven't come to an agreement.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Agreed. I don't follow the media that closely but I think you'd have to track it over time to see how credible the various people are but my general impression is that overall, I wouldn't put too much stock into what they way.

A good example is your "What I'm hearing" - I always think hearing from who, your cat? I think it's much more credible when they say "I heard from a GM in the Western conference" or something like that but when they don't even hint at who their source is, it's just noise to me.

If you are looking for attribution, you’re not going to get any. They are not talking on the record with their sources, hence there are no quotation marks.

Early on there were no leaks and we had no information, however, as time passes, we start to hear little tidbits. Could it be a strategy from one side?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
That all makes sense but it still sounds like speculation and raises a few questions:

- who are these reliable sources you mention?
- have they mentioned specific numbers?
- have they said who they got these numbers from?
- did they mention numbers before Dreger admitted he was full of crap and no numbers had been leaked?

Who are your sources?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
LOL. I posted what I read/heard myself in the media so I know it's true. If you choose not to believe me that's fine but I know perfectly well what I read and heard. Dreger was full of crap and he admitted it. Perhaps you'd like to tell us what Sportsnet listed as their source, or did they even say? It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they said something like "what we've been hearing is ..." and their source was in fact Dreger.
:laugh::laugh:

sportsnets insider to report that was Kypreos.

enough said

Reactions: Gary Nylund

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York

TSN makes things up.

Go on .We're listening.

The media is usually reliable but in terms of numbers being thrown out the only person who ever threw out a number was Dreger and it wasn’t sourced, it was just what he thought was a possibility. Nylander could be asking for 6, or he could be asking for 10. We still don’t know

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

TSN makes things up.

Go on .We're listening.

outside of Lebrun and Mackenzie all you're other examples are 100% right

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
The media is usually reliable but as far as contract numbers being reported, the only person who ever threw out a number was Dreger and it wasn’t sourced, it was just what he thought was a possibility. Nylander could be asking for 6, or he could be asking for 10. We still don’t know

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The media is usually reliable but in terms of numbers being thrown out the only person who ever threw out a number was Dreger and it wasn’t sourced, it was just what he thought was a possibility. Nylander could be asking for 6, or he could be asking for 10. We still don’t know

This is factually untrue. Doug MacLean said "over 8" on Hockey Central.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Can Nylander's agent speak with other teams since Nylander is a restricted free agent? If so, I wouldn't be surprised is a team offered him 8 mil for 8 years, and he's agent is trying to set up a trade?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
outside of Lebrun and Mackenzie all you're other examples are 100% right

I didn't use the sarcasm emoji because I give people more credit than that.

I am not stating those things as being true. I am stating those things only because I have read attitudes like that by HF Leafs fans before. They are quick to discredit anything outside of what a cheerleader would stand for.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

TSN makes things up.

Go on .We're listening.

LOL. The only person I mentioned was Dreger, no need to get hysterical.

If you are looking for attribution, you’re not going to get any. They are not talking on the record with their sources, hence there are no quotation marks.

Early on there were no leaks and we had no information, however, as time passes, we start to hear little tidbits. Could it be a strategy from one side?

Could be I guess. That's like saying maybe which means that maybe not is also implied.

Pretty sure I heard the Leafs come out and say they want the players to take a discount like Shanahan claims to have done in Detroit.

Was I the only one watching that night?

Discount ≈ Lowball

Yup, I heard what Shanahan said. It's funny that this 8m stuff may be true but there has been no confirmation. What Shanahan said on the other hand comes straight from the source and thus can be taken as fact. So why is everyone ignoring what Shanahan said and instead repeating this media "smoke" over and over again?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can Nylander's agent speak with other teams since Nylander is a restricted free agent? If so, I wouldn't be surprised is a team offered him 8 mil for 8 years, and he's agent is trying to set up a trade?
Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad