The Nylander Chronicles Part XXI - Legal Drinking Age in the US Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
He's only a "20 goal/60 point player" because of the minutes Babcock gives him. Over the last two seasons he ranks 45th in 5v5 points/60 mins, and 15th in powerplay points/60 mins.

You're talking about an absolutely elite player whos closest per 60 point comparables over the last two seasons are names like:

Benn, Kuznetsov, Crosby, Backstrom, JVR, Wheeler, Granlund, Kadri, Eichel, and Giroux.

But yes, lets pretend like an extra 2-4 minutes a game wouldnt result in him adding more than 10 points a season.

He played more than Marner, 18 seconds more/game, and was only 11 seconds behind Marner in Ave PP time/game.

You can't pay someone on what ifs. Marner could make the exact argument you laid out and call himself a 80+ point player, it doesn't work like that.

Hyman has Identical p/60, he can't demand ++++ millions because he could get 10-15+ points if he could smell some PP time.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If I could burn that kind of cash, I would bind all 21+ of these threads into a book and burn it at the biggest party.

Paper isn’t that expensive. It’s that darned ink that gets you.

Don’t even get me started on paper jams.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kelly

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
This Nylander situation which I predicted, is making me lose more interest in the NHL and the Leafs.

I mean this kid has only scored 20 goals and he wants HUGE money? Its sickening.

I would be afraid to pay him anything over 4 million, cause he could just end up partying and tanking, that is how non competitive I feel he is.

Its bad all around. I am sure the Leafs rue the day they drafted him.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
He played more than Marner, 18 seconds more/game, and was only 11 seconds behind Marner in Ave PP time/game.

You can't pay someone on what ifs. Marner could make the exact argument you laid out and call himself a 80+ point player, it doesn't work like that.

Hyman has Identical p/60, he can't demand ++++ millions because he could get 10-15+ points if he could smell some PP time.

What if the metric you've put forward: Total season points, is not the pivot here. Meaning it's not a case of "what if" he could hit that number. What if, the key metric is a combination of factors that make up the whole player. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the LEAST, the discussion starts at something like the following for forwards:

5v5 goals/assists / 60
PP goals/assists / 60
PK time share per game?
DZ%
OZ%

See, there is no "what if" in this situation, because no one actually cares about total points in a season. I mean, why do you think Eichel got paid more than "just a 25g 60pt player"? And it's most likely not gross incompetence.

Reactions: Morgs

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This Nylander situation which I predicted, is making me lose more interest in the NHL and the Leafs.

I mean this kid has only scored 20 goals and he wants HUGE money? Its sickening.

I would be afraid to pay him anything over 4 million, cause he could just end up partying and tanking, that is how non competitive I feel he is.

Its bad all around. I am sure the Leafs rue the day they drafted him.

Look! Another fan threatening to leave.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
1050 reports Nylander missed practice today in Austria. Let the speculation begin!!

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
This Nylander situation is frustrating... it seems like we have the only player in the league willing to sit out to demand 25-30% more than market value...

Again, how do you know it's not Dubas offering only like 5M for 6-8 years?

Why the hell are people so confident that it's Willy who is asking for too much and not the other way around?

Because some "insiders" said so?

..........okay..........

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Why the hell are people so confident that it's Willy who is asking for too much and not the other way around?

..........okay..........

LOL! So we shouldn’t bel Eve the professionals whose job is to report the numbers??

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
LOL! So we shouldn’t bel Eve the professionals whose job is to report the numbers??

What numbers? They can say anything they would like to. They are not payed to report the exact numbers, they are paid to spread speculation so people are following them and talk about it all the time.

Don't tell me you believe everything they said other than "confirmed with link", please don't.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

..........okay..........

Yes. Many insiders are saying it. If you think this stretch of time is about 100 grand difference then think again.

I am not say that Nylander is greedy, but him and the team are far apart at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->