The Nylander Chronicles Part XXI - Legal Drinking Age in the US Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think I’d take a reasonable bridge(3 x 5) over 6 x 6.5 TBH .

Agreed. I said from the start that holding cap hit (qualitatively/proportionally) equal that 6 years is the worst of the 5 acceptable term lengths. It's too middle of the road for me. Limited exit strategy, worst circumstances for getting him onto a 3rd deal, doesn't keep him cheap now, doesn't keep him cheap into UFA...

It's a par that keeps a good player in the line up, but that's about it

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
When Marners entry level deal comes up he will have 3 full seasons played in the NHL. I'm not talking about how far out from the draft or anything like that. Nylander burned a year of ELC playing in the ahl. If Marners entry level expired after 2 seasons the same as Nylander they are looking at comparable deals. Marner gets that 3rd year gives him a chance to build a case for more money and the Leafs more cost certainty.
Or you can take the 22 games of Willy's first year and carry it through for a year. That gives Willy a 44 point year + 61*2
Compare that to Marner at 61, 68, 80+ and we can see a problem with paying them the same

Reactions: 613Leafer

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So let me get this straight. Nylander had 2 61 point seasons. If Marner holds at the same point level as last year he will be 69x2. That merits more money than the Nylander.
If he gets 80 points, it is easily in the realm of possibility he is over 8.
Are we now capping his point generation? Does 90+ points not merit more?
No one's saying he's not getting more than nylander. Nylander is only getting ~6.5 though so that definitely leaves an area of something around 7.5 to get marner signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad