The Nylander Chronicles Part XI - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 298589

We don't have any real information regarding the offer vs request. You are all turning on a player based on speculation and feeling you are entitled to him signing.

Please keep this in mind the next time you are going to rip the Toronto media for running a player out of town based on rumour and drama. Many of you, the fans, are no better and are literally doing the same thing.

He will sign when he signs. I would fully recommend an AHL conditioning stint when he does, but I doubt it happens.

Reactions: kb and Menzinger

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Seems weird that a home grown player with elite offensive abilities is not a fan favourite, like we’ve been swimming in talent and we get these guys in the draft all the time. The guy has put up better numbers than Tavares the first couple of years in the league and has been front and Center in the big three for the Leafs renaissance yet we don’t have to like him. Weird.
On Tavares, I'll take 53 goals his first two years playing with nobody, compared to 42 riding shotgun with Matthews(and you also left out Willie's 22 game initial year and fact JT was younger!). Such a silly argument, ya ya total points one more, followed by a major yawn from me :). Why do we have to torture things, Willie is great he isn't anything close to JT.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
offers will come you cant say for sure if they will be bad or not, and hes not getting 8 from anyone in the league thats ridiculous even if willy wants it its not happening.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out a 60 point RFA holdout wanting 8M (if Dreger is to believe, I don't but whatever) isn't going to get top dollar in a trade, contract value is huge on the trade market in a hard cap league

Sign him long term to a decent AAV or bridge and trade him in the off-season
Those are the best options for the team in this situation

Dreger just said on Overdrive he still thinks Willie is at 8. Just sayin.

So Dreger has credibility now?, he hasn't known **** since Nonnis got punted

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out a 60 point RFA holdout wanting 8M (if Dreger is to believe, I don't but whatever) isn't going to get top dollar in a trade, contract value is huge on the trade market in a hard cap league

No some guy named after a fruit does, or someone who likes Batman.Obviously there's a big gap, I don't know why people can't accept reality on Oct 4. Does anyone really believe the Leafs aren't in the 6's, like seriously? The deal would be done if Willie's agent wasn't off the moon.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No some guy named after a fruit does, or someone who likes Batman.Obviously there's a big gap, I don't why people can't accept reality on Oct 4. Does anyone really believe the Leafs aren't in the 6's, like seriously? The deal would be done if Willie's agent wasn't off the moon.

That doesn't mean Nylander's asking for 8M+ though does it?
I'd also like you to tell me how you know were offering something in the 6's?
An explanation on how Nylander's agent is off the moon would be appreciated as well, in what way since you obviously know what Nylander is after

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Why is it?

Never mind the points, if any of Matthews, Tavares or Kadri miss games who fills in at C? Also at 6.75 for example, isn't that pretty nice comparable to Marner if the point gap between them is between 5-10?
everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think Marner's worth more than Nylander. I think Marner is by far a more complete player than Nylander. I think any overpayment to Nylander only warrants equal over payment to Marner. I think paying Nylander 6.5 max on a long term deal will allow the Leafs to sign both Marner and Mathews to long term deals thus keeping them all part of the long term future of the Leafs.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
That doesn't mean Nylander's asking for 8M+ though does it?
I'd also like you to tell me how you know were offering something in the 6's?
An explanation on how Nylander's agent is off the moon would be appreciated as well, in what way since you obviously know what Nylander is after
I know I know, how can we say. It's October 4th dude, and every indication is we aren't close, so obviously the gap is reality. Unless you think the Leafs are offering 5.5 or something, then you must conclude the Nylander camp is quite high or it would be done! Hello.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I said Matthews assists won't go down. You can't have 2 guys on your line worse at scoring than Nylander and Hyman last year. Marleau and Ennis aren't good, but they aren't any worse either. For the $7 million Willie wants, I can get a much better scorer.

JvR:sarcasm:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Nylander is now missing games and it's costing him money. Does anyone actually think we are only a couple hundred thousand apart?

Reactions: Faltorvo

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
On Tavares, I'll take 53 goals his first two years playing with nobody, compared to 42 riding shotgun with Matthews(and you also left out Willie's 22 game initial year and fact JT was younger!). Such a silly argument, ya ya total points one more, followed by a major yawn from me :). Why do we have to torture things, Willie is great he isn't anything close to JT.

I always maintained that Tavares was a bit of a disappointment as far as his pre draft hype and first few years are concerned.

I'm disappointed in the general attitude of the fanbase that's crucifying one of the best homegrown talents we've literally ever had.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I know I know, how can we say. It's October 4th dude, and every indication is we aren't close, so obviously the gap is reality. Unless you think the Leafs are offering 5.5 or something, then you must conclude the Nylander camp is quite high or it would be done! Hello.

When the team president was in the media a couple of days ago saying that players needed to take less than "market value" so we can compete for a cup what does that suggest to you?

After hearing those comments are you still sure we're not lowballing him? Or is it Nylander's agents fault still?

Reactions: freshwind

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

What are you on about. Noone is ever gonna pay willy 8 for what he is now. His value isn't in down in the drain. Most people know his contract isn't unsalvageable. Willy could be resigned or he could be traded.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nylander is now missing games and it's costing him money. Does anyone actually think we are only a couple hundred thousand apart?

Dreger and Bobby Mac were just on Overdrive and Dreger said Willie thinks he is worth 8. Unless he comes to his senses this is not getting done. I think the gap is larger than we think.

Reactions: dsred

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
When the team president was in the media a couple of days ago saying that players needed to take less than "market value" so we can compete for a cup what does that suggest to you?

After hearing those comments are you still sure we're not lowballing him? Or is it Nylander's agents fault still?
I can't help you.

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
Im sure it has been mentioned at some point, but what happens if he goes un signed this season is he a ufa next year? how would that all work?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Gaudreau didn't sign till October 10, for all the chicken littles out there.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Dreger and Bobby Mac were just on Overdrive and Dreger said Willie thinks he is worth 8. Unless he comes to his senses this is not getting done. I think the gap is larger than we think.
That's what started this, reported the same thing. The gap is so obviously large.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
This is without doubt one of the dumbest arguments you can make, did you watch the Matthews line last night?

It got feed it's lunch by a line centered by Max ******* Domi, Matthew's isn't God and thats what he's going to have to be to carry those other two passengers

How much would you give up for an RFA holdout 60 point winger who wants 8M+?
Nylander can also not sign with the team trading for him if he doesn't want to be there, like the Coyote's for instance

So we need a team with cap space, willing to overpay Nylander, has what we need as a return and he'd be willing to sign with

Good luck with that one

The dumb one here is you to think that trading Nylander won’t bring back anything that helps the team. He is pretty much a luxury and we also have some players that can be effective on RW like Bracco, Kapanen or the very least Zach Hyman his old line mate. It wasn’t that only Matthews line was bad last night, the whole team was bad and Price was outstanding as well if even one thing went our way except for the OT we would’ve won in regular time.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why is it?

Never mind the points, if any of Matthews, Tavares or Kadri miss games who fills in at C? Also at 6.75 for example, isn't that pretty nice comparable to Marner if the point gap between them is between 5-10?

Marleau, just like last year.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think Marner's worth more than Nylander. I think Marner is by far a more complete player than Nylander. I think any overpayment to Nylander only warrants equal over payment to Marner. I think paying Nylander 6.5 max on a long term deal will allow the Leafs to sign both Marner and Mathews to long term deals thus keeping them all part of the long term future of the Leafs.

You don't need to sell me on Marner, but how much more are you giving Marner though?

I don't think he's worth 2-3m more than Nylander. If Nylander is at 6.75 and point gap is 5-10, I don't see how Marner makes more than 7.5.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
We don't have any real information regarding the offer vs request. You are all turning on a player based on speculation and feeling you are entitled to him signing.

Please keep this in mind the next time you are going to rip the Toronto media for running a player out of town based on rumour and drama. Many of you, the fans, are no better and are literally doing the same thing.

He will sign when he signs. I would fully recommend an AHL conditioning stint when he does, but I doubt it happens.
The sad part is they can't even run him out of town because he is sitting at home in Sweden, Also no... but we are entitled to turn on a guy who will make 10x more money than us, who couldnt even be bothered to watch his own team's game on T.V., and is already filthy rich complain about making more money, while setting his team back. As a fan who pays money to watch the leafs and inadvertently pays his salary... I'm entitled to be bitter about that because that's my opinion

Reactions: Hotel Mario
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad