The Nylander Chronicles Part XI - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
What would you guys think about a deal around Domi and Nylander ? Nylander is obviously the better player but Domi is more cost controled and he would had some much needed sandpapper to the leafs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You just don't get it do you? This strategy is doomed to fail. They have no leverage. There is no team that is going to present a 8 x 7 offer sheet because he ain't worth that, money wise or draft pick wise. And don't give me this crap about a team screwing the Leafs with some kind of nudge nudge wink wink offer. The NHL would be all over that.

exactly.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Yeah Willy cuz 36-39 mill by the time you’re 28 isn’t taking care of yourself. Don’t budge Dubas!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You just don't get it do you? This strategy is doomed to fail. They have no leverage. There is no team that is going to present a 8 x 7 offer sheet because he ain't worth that, money wise or draft pick wise. And don't give me this crap about a team screwing the Leafs with some kind of nudge nudge wink wink offer. The NHL would be all over that.

That's fine, so you get him signed to a short-term bridge deal based off of current player comparables, and then in a few years when he is putting up +80 points riding shotgun with Matthews you pay him his $8-9 mil he wants.

There is your solution to bridge the gap when one side is offering 6-6.5 mil and the other wants near $8 mil per. A bridge deal seems to be the only logical outcome barring one side caving to their demands.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
This is without doubt one of the dumbest arguments you can make, did you watch the Matthews line last night?

It got feed it's lunch by a line centered by Max ******* Domi, Matthew's isn't God and thats what he's going to have to be to carry those other two passengers

Do you even know what my argument is?

I didn't say Nylander wouldn't make us better... I said we don't NEED him... and that its a luxery player to have...

I love how you use ONE game (first of the season) to justify your rant...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Yeah that's going way too far. Watching Ennis on that line isn't hurting Nylander either.

We're a playoff team without Nylander... we don't NEED him...

I'm not saying he won't make us better... How am I going 'way too far' with that statement? Or perhaps you're reading beyond what I'm saying and making assumptions?

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
That's fine, so you get him signed to a short-term bridge deal based off of current player comparables, and then in a few years when he is putting up +80 points riding shotgun with Matthews you pay him his $8-9 mil he wants.
That's what I've been in favour of the whole time. However his antics lately are making me rethink that.

Trade him.

Reactions: Al14

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Please everyone. Take a look at Micheal Nylander's checkered hockey past. He drained 35 million out of this industry and he was a flake. I saw him live, he didn't give a bake or a shake.

35 million for floating around and doing basically just above average ****. The guy knows how to drain the bucket out of big business...

I think Dubas and Shanahan are going to try and hurt this family a lot. But all of y'all better bring up Micheal Nylander on hockey db. Guy drained the big guys big time. He ain't scared of the big bad bear NHL.

I called this and I called the team loving Sandin. Both huge great calls. This call though, I wish I didn't have to deliver it.

Micheal Nylander was incesced at how bad a coach Boobock is, and I hate to say this, I agree with Micheal Nylander. The Boob is the Boob. Just a horrible 2018 coach.

Michael Nylander played 920 nhl games I’m sorry someone as bad as you are describing doesn’t play as long as he did. Also scoring 0.73 ppg for his career that’s William and Mitch marner level numbers right now

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We're a playoff team without Nylander... we don't NEED him...

I'm not saying he won't make us better... How am I going 'way too far' with that statement? Or perhaps you're reading beyond what I'm saying and making assumptions?
Leafs aren't trying to be a playoff team, so even if your assumption is true, who cares? Leafs are trying to be cup contenders, and they are not at that level without Nylander

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If Dreger is right and Nylander won't budge at all from his 8+ ask, I would hope his bags are already packed because that's crazy talk and he's completely expendable.

Reactions: Al14 and dsred

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Whats funny is that we don't even need this player... he's a luxery player for us...
Exactly right!!!
However, the Leafs do need to upgrade their defense in order to a legitimate SC contender (I'm not saying playoff contender... I'm saying Stanley Cup contender). Trade him for an upgrade defenseman. Trust me you won't miss Nylander if he's gone. A better defense will make a much bigger impact to your season and playoff hopes.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Leafs aren't trying to be a playoff team, so even if your assumption is true, who cares? Leafs are trying to be cup contenders, and they are not at that level without Nylander

I don't think Nylander alone brings us to another tier... we'd be better... no doubt... but I think this is overstating things.

As far as Nylander the asset... We will have that asset come playoff time... Whether its Nylander himself, or player(s) we receive from a trade between now and Dec 1st.

member 262271

Shout out to the thread title, again. Feels like we're in for the long haul here, hope I'm wrong though.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What would you guys think about a deal around Domi and Nylander ? Nylander is obviously the better player but Domi is more cost controled and he would had some much needed sandpapper to the leafs.

I think the Leafs try their best to hang up the phone before Montreal hears them laughing.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I hope we find a way to trade Nylander soon. Matthews says he wants more assists anyway and I haven't seen much of a scoring touch from Nylander.

Yeah trade nylander now. Ennis will score more goals for sure, no way a player who was bought out could do anything but score 25+ goals. And are we now trading nylander for a winger for matthews? All I see is top4 d, top 4 d are they going to help with Matthews assists?.

Matthews assist totals won’t go up if we trade nylander

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Nylander scored 60 points twice, both times playing with Austin Matthews. I think Domi could score that many playing with Matthews or Tavares - probably even playing with Kadri.

Both are young. It's hard to project their future point totals as I don't know their games that well. I suspect Domi, being a talented playmaker who plays hard every shift would put up a lot of points playing with players who can finish.

What do you project Nylander to be?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

I think you should stop sniffing glue. Even with a 1st we lose massively on this deal. Domi doesn’t have a lot of grit, sucker punching people does not = grit

Reactions: Al14

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
After 11 threads we have jumped the shark. Trade him for max f***ing domi because of grit while we are at it give Colton Orr a call let’s get him out of retirement. Jeezus downgrade significantly to add a massive piece of shit to the team I just can’t even understand.

Nylander thread 12:

Would you guys trade nylander for Tyler Biggs? Sure he is not as talented but what about them gritzzzz

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Yeah trade nylander now. Ennis will score more goals for sure, no way a player who was bought out could do anything but score 25+ goals. And are we now trading nylander for a winger for matthews? All I see is top4 d, top 4 d are they going to help with Matthews assists?.

Matthews assist totals won’t go up if we trade nylander
It won't go down either.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
6.66 x 6 = 40 million. Calling it now; signed before Saturday.

Nylander saves face; looks good.

Leafs get pretty fair value for the most part.

Nylander is happy.

6 years is our window; with potential to bring him in for longer.

Nylander is set up for a nice contract at 28.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oiler fans are wondering if the Leafs would trade Nylander for Ty Rattie (7 goals-3 assists in 3 preseason games)?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
teams will pay if nylanders available, he wont get 8 im sure there are teams fine with willy at 7-7.5, but we arent.

So teams will pay for a holdout RFA that wants to be overpaid? Who's lining up for this **** show?, especially since the team that just traded for him has to sign him straight away or look like complete morons

So it's agreed. Willie will sit out the year then.

Bridge him, then trade him next off-season

If he sits out the entire year it's bad for us to, his value tanks and he's not on the team helping us win games this season

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If you grossly overpay Willie, how much will you have to overpay Austin and Mitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad