The Nylander Chronicles Part XI - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Here is an interesting point of view from Elite Sports Agency founder Steven Jeffers regarding his second most important responsibility as a sports agent:

“The second-most important function is to maximize our client’s worth to teams in which we are negotiating a contract for,” Jeffers says. “At times we have to take less to become successful and that also includes our clients taking less money to have better opportunities in the near future and prolonging their professional careers.”

Unfortunately, it seems as though William Nylander and his agent Lewis Gross are currently unwilling to take less money in order to have better opportunities in the near future and prolonging Nylander's own professional NHL hockey career with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Working as a Sports Agent — Turning a Passion for Sports Into a Career
Steven Jeffers, founder of Elite Sports Agency, cites his most important responsibility as both an agent and the creator of his sports agency as ensuring that everyone in his company follows the laws and guidelines set forth by the various athletic organizations in which they do business.

“The second-most important function is to maximize our client’s worth to teams in which we are negotiating a contract for,” Jeffers says. “At times we have to take less to become successful and that also includes our clients taking less money to have better opportunities in the near future and prolonging their professional careers.”

Pincus says that a sports agent needs to have a clear understanding of current market conditions, and the current value of their client in order to negotiate the best deal for them.

“Much like buying or selling a home, the agent needs to be aware of the fair market value of their client and factor in any other particulars that may be relevant to the negotiation,” Pincus says.

Last edited:
Reactions: kb

member 300185

This whole thing brings me back to Yashin. Tad different because he was under contract but it was all about the buck.

And I gotta say, its not just Nylander, its every time some greedy POS holds out for more money.

If I had it my way, 10% of every athletes salary should go back to his home country to help the homeless.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Michael Nylander might not be the ideal role model if there was a course on "How to Conduct a Model NHL Career".

Jus' sayin'.

Ok but we are talking about his son, do you think willy thinks his dad is as horrible as a lot of people here do? I doubt it, even when/if he realizes it he won’t hate his dad as much as posters in here do. Which is weird because micheal had nothing to do with the leafs throughout his “greedy” career just seems like a scapegoat of convenience the hatred Michael gets here

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
The amount of name calling and insulting on here is beyond the norm, some of you guys need to step back from the edge. This is ridiculous. It's a sport, it's a team and it's a player. Get over yourselves.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Ok but we are talking about his son, do you think willy thinks his dad is as horrible as a lot of people here do? I doubt it, even when/if he realizes it he won’t hate his dad as much as posters in here do. Which is weird because micheal had nothing to do with the leafs throughout his “greedy” career just seems like a scapegoat of convenience the hatred Michael gets here
I don't hate M. Nylander at all as I don't know him personally. However by all accounts he was difficult to get along with as a player and negotiator and the fact that he played for something like 20 odd "professional" teams in his career bear that out. So if Willie is listening to him as his primary source of advice he might want to solicit other opinions.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
This whole thing brings me back to Yashin. Tad different because he was under contract but it was all about the buck.

And I gotta say, its not just Nylander, its every time some greedy POS holds out for more money.

If I had it my way, 10% of every athletes salary should go back to his home country to help the homeless.

That's a bit extreme. Most already get taxed to the ninth degree. That tax money is then used to benefit you and me and I'm sure the homeless in one way or another.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't hate M. Nylander at all as I don't know him personally. However by all accounts he was difficult to get along with as a player and negotiator and the fact that he played for something like 20 odd "professional" teams in his career bear that out. So if Willie is listening to him as his primary source of advice he might want to solicit other opinions.

You’d think teams would stop signing him if he was as bad as he is made out to be, not get to 920 nhl games.

Again willy is listening to his f***ing DAD! He has no reason to ever think his dad is doing anything but the best for him

member 300185

That's a bit extreme. Most already get taxed to the ninth degree. That tax money is then used to benefit you and me and I'm sure the homeless in one way or another.
Hate to disagree but politicians get most of that.

Reminds me of a scene from "Any given Sunday".

"Do you know how much insurance is on a Ferrari motha fooka?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad