The no negativity thread

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Without looking too far down the road, the great news is that we appear to be starting the season with all of our best players, Hoffman is gone thankfully, and we have a handful off rookies looking to make the team. GB has been instructed to change the style of play to reflect the rebuild/retool of the team. It should be a lot of fun to watch if you can keep your head out of the 'what ifs' for the first half of the season.

Goaltending will rebound because Hoffman had infected that too.... ;)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Without looking too far down the road, the great news is that we appear to be starting the season with all of our best players, Hoffman is gone thankfully, and we have a handful off rookies looking to make the team. GB has been instructed to change the style of play to reflect the rebuild/retool of the team. It should be a lot of fun to watch if you can keep your head out of the 'what ifs' for the first half of the season.

Goaltending will rebound because Hoffman had infected that too.... ;)
Actually the PP might be better just not having to play Hoffman at the point...Would much rather Chabot there

Reactions: Ice-Tray

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Actually the PP might be better just not having to play Hoffman at the point...Would much rather Chabot there
Much more can happen when you dont have a player that will do the same thing over and over again like Hoffman

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Much more can happen when you dont have a player that will do the same thing over and over again like Hoffman

To be fair, I'd put more of the blame on the systems coaching than the one player.

When we had Turris on the PP it wasn't very creative either. That cross-pass has been the hallmark for awhile.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
To be fair, I'd put more of the blame on the systems coaching than the one player.

When we had Turris on the PP it wasn't very creative either. That cross-pass has been the hallmark for awhile.
Yep thats fair,but I never liked having a forward as the primary shooter at the point anyhow...Alfie was good because he would create and keep movement flowing if the shot wasnt there...I see the same with Chabot,Hoffman wasnt good enough to win a down low battle to keep possession ,but we needed his shot.... So it always seemed we shoehorned him to that position....

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep thats fair,but I never liked having a forward as the primary shooter at the point anyhow...Alfie was good because he would create and keep movement flowing if the shot wasnt there...I see the same with Chabot,Hoffman wasnt good enough to win a down low battle to keep possession ,but we needed his shot.... So it always seemed we shoehorned him to that position....

I just felt like we just didn't have the hands around the net to create those quick 1-2 tap-in type goals that other teams seemed to put together.

Our PP became so predictable as a result. Very few passes are fast enough and accurate enough to travel the entire width of the ice while avoiding every opponent stick in the way to set up the perfect shot. Goalies could see it coming a mile away.

One postive as this is a positive thread is that someone like Logan Brown might be able to help in that department, and Chabot may be able to inject some creativity on the blueline.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I just felt like we just didn't have the hands around the net to create those quick 1-2 tap-in type goals that other teams seemed to put together.

Our PP became so predictable as a result. Very few passes are fast enough and accurate enough to travel the entire width of the ice to set up the perfect shot. Goalies could see it coming a mile away.

One postive as this is a positive thread is that someone like Logan Brown might be able to help in that department, and Chabot may be able to inject some creativity on the blueline.
Agreed,no movement, predictability ...And lack of effort seems to have plagued us

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Most memorable Sens game you’ve been to? For me it was when they clinched their first playoff spot against Buffalo in 97. Steve Duchene was the hero that night.

I just saw I already posted this on page one haha! That’s ok, maybe more people can chime in this time. I’ll throw another one in. I went to all three games against Pittsburgh in 2007 in the first round of the playoffs. That was fun.

Reactions: The Flower

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Most memorable Sens game you’ve been to? For me it was when they clinched their first playoff spot against Buffalo in 97. Steve Duchene was the hero that night.

I just saw I already posted this on page one haha! That’s ok, maybe more people can chime in this time. I’ll throw another one in. I went to all three games against Pittsburgh in 2007 in the first round of the playoffs. That was fun.

There were many, but I have to say it was the inaugural game. It was just phenomenal. Everyone was in awe and completely mesmerized. It was very emotional.

Plus, we beat the Habs! :)

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

I don't have any one, but my top three:

1. Rangers vs. Sens, April 19, 2012. Game four. This is still the loudest I can ever remember the then-Scotiabank Place getting.
2. Canadiens vs. Sens, May 5, 2013. Game three. The genesis of the Pageau chants. Thorough domination against a longtime rival. And this epic line brawl.
3. Penguins vs. Sens, April 7, 2015. A must-win game in the Hamburglar run in which we went down 3-0 in the first. And then... the comeback. When Stone scored to bring it to 3-2 in the 3rd, you could just feel that we were coming back. Like that whole run, it just felt like destiny. And then Hoffman rips one from the point with a bit under two minutes to go. And then this. f***, I still get chills thinking about this one.

HM: Sens vs. Flyers, April 11, 2015. The season finale. Win and we're in. I made the trip to Philly with a few friends because I REALLY didn't want to miss this ridiculous, impossible ending to a ridiculous, impossible season. In hindsight, I think "The clock never struck midnight" is one of the most amazing calls in Sens broadcast history.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I can't remember who were playing off the top of my head, but it was the last game I went to with my dad before he died. We had second row seats, in the corner at the Sens net. Chara was HUUUUGE, the hits were so loud, and you could here the guys talking to each other on the ice!

We were down a goal with a minute or so left and the arena was emptying. Hossa tied it and we went on to win it in overtime.

We've had many such games over the years, but this one had a 'time slowed down' feeling to it, a special moment in time between father and son.

It's funny that over the years the particular details have faded, but not the sense of joy and companionship with my dad. I've only had a few moments with him as a young man before he passed, and the Sens were the back drop of my favourite one.

Cheers dad, and go Sens!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Pageau 4 goal game, the moment after he scored the 4th in OT for the win is the loudest ive heard the building even more so than 2007 imo, I was likely greased at that perfect amount as well and it ended up being pound for pound my most memorable Sens moment attending live.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I can't remember who were playing off the top of my head, but it was the last game I went to with my dad before he died. We had second row seats, in the corner at the Sens net. Chara was HUUUUGE, the hits were so loud, and you could here the guys talking to each other on the ice!

We were down a goal with a minute or so left and the arena was emptying. Hossa tied it and we went on to win it in overtime.

We've had many such games over the years, but this one had a 'time slowed down' feeling to it, a special moment in time between father and son.

It's funny that over the years the particular details have faded, but not the sense of joy and companionship with my dad. I've only had a few moments with him as a young man before he passed, and the Sens were the back drop of my favourite one.

Cheers dad, and go Sens!
Tried to find the boxscore for you, and this is the closest I could find.

My dad is the reason I watch hockey, we try to watch as many games together as possible as we're both passionate Ottawa fans. Best memory has to be the Hawks OT win from a couple of years back. Karlsson and Hoffman out skating Keith, Kane and Toews to get the GWG.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Tried to find the boxscore for you, and this is the closest I could find.

My dad is the reason I watch hockey, we try to watch as many games together as possible as we're both passionate Ottawa fans. Best memory has to be the Hawks OT win from a couple of years back. Karlsson and Hoffman out skating Keith, Kane and Toews to get the GWG.

Dude that’s the game!!

I was almost positive that it was over the Habs, as it as that extra special vibe after the win, and I was positive Hossa scored one of either the tying or OT goals.

You rock, thanks for taking the time to track that down, it mean a lot. Sounds like you two have a great set up to spend time together, I’m going to try and make sure to do that with my son where ever life takes him.

Thanks again :) and yeah that Hawks game was great, alas I was on my couch here in Victoria. My boy is a toddler right now, but he has some Sens gear he wears and has sat with dad for a few games last season. Unfortunately my girls don’t care much for hockey, being rugby players.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Most memorable for me was game 2 against Boston. To witness an OT playoff winner was incredible. The crowd was insane. Not to mention the CTC parking lot had huge puddles of water after the game due to the rain. Memorable day.

Honorable mention to game 3 vs Penguins where we scored 4 goals in the first. The arena was vibrating. Crowd was electric

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was at a playoff game against Philly in 2002 where Chara smoked Roenick into the glass and JR was down for a bit after that. That was one of the three shutouts Lalime has in that series.

Reactions: coladin

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Most memorable for me was game 2 against Boston. To witness an OT playoff winner was incredible. The crowd was insane. Not to mention the CTC parking lot had huge puddles of water after the game due to the rain. Memorable day.

Honorable mention to game 3 vs Penguins where we scored 4 goals in the first. The arena was vibrating. Crowd was electric
That was the game where MacArthur scored his first goal after coming back, too, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad