The no negativity thread

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Funny how a number of fans have been asking, all summer long, "what's the plan?" ...... and now that there's somethings finally released to inform the fans on "the Plan" is roughly going to be, it's not good enough, and hardly anyone has anything good to say about it.

Well, it is the no negativity thread, so I'll say this:

I admire you for the consistency of your message, no matter what happens.

Reactions: BondraTime

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Funny how a number of fans have been asking, all summer long, "what's the plan?" ...... and now that there's somethings finally released to inform the fans on "the Plan" is roughly going to be, it's not good enough, and hardly anyone has anything good to say about it.
This is the no negativity thread, friend. Maybe the wrong place. :)

The rookies looked pretty good in the tournament. I liked what Tkachuk brought. If we can surround him with good talent, he should be fun to watch.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We should have a decent prospect pool to rebuild with after we trade 65, 61, 95 & 18 this year.

Chabot is going to be due for a raise very soon as well.

Even more picks and prospects! How exciting.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Glass Half Full: New Owner+StoneDucheneDzingel extended + King Returns as UFA signing + SJ 2020 pick is a top10 AFTER Thornton retires following a cup win in 2019

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Forementon looks poised for a breakout this year, wherever he ends up playing. Hands and fiestiness to go along with his McDavidesque wheels. I hope the idiots don't rush him. Thought his ceiling was bottom-6, now his ceiling looks much higher than that. A blue chipper. Keep growing Mr. Foreman.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/formenton-has-all-the-tools-to-be-the-sens-next-star~1495880

Chlapik is super hungry for NHL, man's playing like he's gotta eat!

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Formenton is such a great find - to think that we got this kid out of the wreckage of Curtis Lazar is incredible. I would just encourage the club to go with what they see. If the kid is clearly one of our best 12 up front (Spoiler alert - he is) then keep him and just shelter his minutes as needed. He's going to play in this league for the next 15 years...

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Formenton is such a great find - to think that we got this kid out of the wreckage of Curtis Lazar is incredible. I would just encourage the club to go with what they see. If the kid is clearly one of our best 12 up front (Spoiler alert - he is) then keep him and just shelter his minutes as needed. He's going to play in this league for the next 15 years...

Ya. 7 for us. 8 for a contender.

Reactions: Bean Drown

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Formenton, Batherson, Balcers, Chlapik all look to have middle top 6 potential. Brown too. So our depth seems well taken care of (not to mention White and Norris).

Take your time with them and the sows will be reaped. The more time we let them develop, the higher their chances of maybe being something more than just middle top 6-9.

Chabot has number 1 D potential, a think a realistic expectation is becoming a bit better than Reilly. An optimistic one is being top 10-15 D.

We gotta hope/pray that JBD and Tychokin becomes 2nd pairing defenders.

A 1st this year (and 1st in 2020) would have given us the top end talent to go along with Duchene and Stone but its ok, positivity.

I forgot Tkachuk who I believe will be complementary top line player alongside one of Stone or Duchene.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad