The no negativity thread

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't have any one, but my top three:

1. Rangers vs. Sens, April 19, 2012. Game four. This is still the loudest I can ever remember the then-Scotiabank Place getting.
2. Canadiens vs. Sens, May 5, 2013. Game three. The genesis of the Pageau chants. Thorough domination against a longtime rival. And this epic line brawl.
3. Penguins vs. Sens, April 7, 2015. A must-win game in the Hamburglar run in which we went down 3-0 in the first. And then... the comeback. When Stone scored to bring it to 3-2 in the 3rd, you could just feel that we were coming back. Like that whole run, it just felt like destiny. And then Hoffman rips one from the point with a bit under two minutes to go. And then this. ****, I still get chills thinking about this one.

HM: Sens vs. Flyers, April 11, 2015. The season finale. Win and we're in. I made the trip to Philly with a few friends because I REALLY didn't want to miss this ridiculous, impossible ending to a ridiculous, impossible season. In hindsight, I think "The clock never struck midnight" is one of the most amazing calls in Sens broadcast history.
I was at each of those games, hard to say what the best one was but they are all great choices. For me personally ill go with the one against the Rangers. I was directly behind the net for the Turris snipe what a view what a goal.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pageau 4 goals? Pffft... How about that time we beat the Dawson City Nuggets 23-2 to win the Stanley Cup in 1905?Frank McGee scored 14 goals.
Dawson_Klondikers_in_Ottawa_jan_17_1905.jpg

Dominated them so bad they engraved us at the top front of the Stanley Cup. Permanently on top of all other Stanley Cup winners.
903px-Stanley_Cup%2C_2015.jpg

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Pageau 4 goals? Pffft... How about that time we beat the Dawson City Nuggets 23-2 to win the Stanley Cup in 1905?Frank McGee scored 14 goals.

Dominated them so bad they engraved us at the top front of the Stanley Cup. Permanently on top of all other Stanley Cup winners.
One-eyed Frank McGee will forever be my favourite Sens player I never got to watch live. Closely followed by Harry the Rat Westwick and Clint Benedict.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Best games I've been to:

Great comeback, controversial Zibby goal which produced hilarious amounts of salt from Habs fans. And the amount of Habs fans gloating in the final minutes leading up to Conacher's tying goal made it even more epic.

Will never forget when I saw that puck somehow end up behind Lundqvist from such an impossible angle. Genius play from King Karl. Also Dzingel's celly :D

Talk about a rollercoaster of a game. This one was just pure insanity.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Gross how many Montreal fans there were at the CTC in the playoffs

Also game 1 win vs the Rangers was overshadowed by the number of empty seats for that game. 1500 or so I believe?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Gross how many Montreal fans there were at the CTC in the playoffs

Also game 1 win vs the Rangers was overshadowed by the number of empty seats for that game. 1500 or so I believe?

Yeah I think the attendance was around 16,500~ish. Still was a great game

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It was so satisfying to beat the scabs in 2013. Recently went back and watched the highlights of that series. Just kicked their asses we did. Maclean’s time-out was the ultimate troll job. Good times.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ever meet any Sens players, coaches, gm’s?

I’ve met several players over the years. Redden, Alfie, Yashin. Most of the guys I met were here around 95-96. I used to wait for autographs after games that season.

Met Muckler a couple of times. Once at the World Cup in Montreal in 2004. Talked with him briefly, and another time I was at the CTC because a friend was playing hockey there with his work colleagues one day for some reason. We just saw him coming out of some room, and briefly said hello.

Saw Randy Cunneyworth at some bowling alley in Kanata around 95 or so. I think it was in North Kanata. Don’t think it’s there anymore. I think it’s been gone for a long time now.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Ever meet any Sens players, coaches, gm’s?

I’ve met several players over the years. Redden, Alfie, Yashin. Most of the guys I met were here around 95-96. I used to wait for autographs after games that season.

Met Muckler a couple of times. Once at the World Cup in Montreal in 2004. Talked with him briefly, and another time I was at the CTC because a friend was playing hockey there with his work colleagues one day for some reason. We just saw him coming out of some room, and briefly said hello.

Saw Randy Cunneyworth at some bowling alley in Kanata around 95 or so. I think it was in North Kanata. Don’t think it’s there anymore. I think it’s been gone for a long time now.
Yes... too many to mention ;)

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I just watched, yet again, the 2016-2017 Sens’ post season. ...and each damn time I watch it, I still hope they’re going to beat Pittsburgh!

Reactions: Variable26

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right thread... If not maybe someone can suggest the best spot to post this.

K, Everyone has been wondering where all the revenue has gone for the Senators, Well I did some digging and I found out that contrary to what people are saying Mr Melnyk is actually spending a fortune trying to protect one of his star players. Thats right, instead of being a penny pinching miser it turns out Mr Melnyk has blown most of his fortune on finding a way to save Bobby Ryan's hands... Here i have proof, Oh and by the way once you see what it is he has aquired you will realize that obtaining it was by no means a walk in the park.

bobby glow.jpg

Reactions: Ice-Tray

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Now that we know Bobby is protected I truly believe he is going to have a fantastic year this year. In fact I can just imagine the uses he can put this Infinity glove to...
bobby-coming-in-hot-in-progress-2-++-giff.gif

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anyone ever go to any playoff games against Toronto? I was there for game 3 in 2004. Ottawa lost 2-0. They completely dominated the Leafs in the first, but had nothing to show for it. They won the next two home games in that series. I guess I picked the wrong game to go to.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Anyone ever go to any playoff games against Toronto? I was there for game 3 in 2004. Ottawa lost 2-0. They completely dominated the Leafs in the first, but had nothing to show for it. They won the next two home games in that series. I guess I picked the wrong game to go to.
Was about to break my own no-negativity rules reminiscing on those playoff series v the blue team. Glad I caught myself.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I was at quite a few of those games over that 4 year stretch. haven't been to a leafs game since lol.

Reactions: pzeeman

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I was at game 3 or game 4 in 2000. We won that game, it was glorious.

I was in a 100-level box with werk folk, and only my wife and another colleague were Leafs fans. Think of Elaine wearing the Orioles hat in Seinfeld.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Was the 6-1 win against Montreal in game 3 the most dominant playoff performance from the Sens ever?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad