The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
ChickFlick said:
Is he good skater?
Good wrister, slapper, backhand?
good vision, see play developing before it happens?
enthusiastic player or someone who relies on skill and talent?
attitude?
defensive play?
Corners?
thnks in advanse
Yes,yes,yes,
yes,yes,
yes,yes,yes,
great,
great,
good,
Yes,like only Gretzky.

stockwizard*

Interesting article.
The part where it says he has a slender physique similar to Gretzky is a joke though.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
:lol:

Havent people learned their lesson yet? As in dont compare prospects to Gretzky?

Gretzky? You can't compare Gretzky to Howie Morenz! :joker:

dafranchz

I was able to watch Sidney during the King's Prospect camp for the last two weeks. It was only a tease of what talent this kid truely possesses. For those who have watched him, you might feel blessed already. For the others, the mere speculation of "how good is he," drives you nuts everytime you hear his name. For Sidney...it is business as usual.

The sensation or phenom as many refer to him is one of the most laid back, mild mannered kids I have been able to see at this stage of their development. He shows little emotion, except for a smile and laugh that will be the signature of his career, along with the damage that many believe he will dish out in the NHL.

I wanted to see Crosby come out of the gates and razzle and dazzle everytime he took the ice. The only problem was, this was all about learning and development. This time it was about making sure Sidney was getting closer to an NHL career, not about showcasing his talent. He did so with great poise. It was nice to see him taking it serious, but having fun and joking with guys. He has many years ahead of him to captivate large audiences with his raw skill and ability.

Stickhandling

Sidney has some of the sickest moves I have ever seen. Think of the greatest stickhandler you have seen in your time and just forget about it. First of all he has very good hands. Whether he is alone or ready to dish the biscuit off, his up ice vision is great. He shows great patience and sees plays develop. What seems to be a "sixth sense" to everyone else, is the norm for him. He can get really creative when needed and it could drive many goalies insane if they aren't seeing the puck well that day.

Skating

Crosby is not going to be the fastest guy out there. What he loses in speed, he makes up with fundamentals. He floats on the ice, almost as if he were hovering on it. His movement is very fluid and suitable for his size.

Shooting

His overall package is unbelieveable. He has the ability to be deadly accurate 99.9% of the time. I personally couldn't decide what I like better, the one-time or his slap shot. They are all good and beautiful. He didn't go to the backhand often for me to pass judgment on it. I will leave that up in the air until then.

Presence

When Crosby takes the ice every eye is trained on every move he makes. This goes for the players as well. It was hard to see a lot of chemisty, but during the camp Colin Shields and Valterri Tenkanen worked very well with him. It was as if they sensed they knew they had to pick up their own game to skate with him. I see this as plus for in the future. Future teammates will be forced to elevate their games. He will pull the best out of his linemates.

Not only is he skilled offensively, he is a good two-way player. In saying so, he is not afraid to jump in the mix, disrupt the flow and backcheck. He puts pressure on early. Of course this forces the oppostion to move the puck more, which raises the chance of a nuetral zone turnover. He did a real good job at this.

In closing, it was hard not to be biased about him and feed into the hype. I truly feel that he is as good as I and the rest of the public (who has seen him) has stated. When people say he is the next one..they aren't far off. Though it is all up to Crosby. Only he holds the answers. Until then, all we can do is wait, watch and prepare for a hero.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
How amazing! I don't doubt that he is a laid back type of kid. He is just like most other young Canadian Hockey players. Just a good kid at heart. One thing, it all looks great when there is no hitting though doesn't it? Los Angeles Kings and their camps are just a training ground for floaters. I'm sure if Crosby played for the Kings next year he would be their best player, I mean floater.

dafranchz

Stiffler's Mom said:
How amazing! I don't doubt that he is a laid back type of kid. He is just like most other young Canadian Hockey players. Just a good kid at heart. One thing, it all looks great when there is no hitting though doesn't it? Los Angeles Kings and their camps are just a training ground for floaters. I'm sure if Crosby played for the Kings next year he would be their best player, I mean floater.

I'm not sure how to take that...."floaters?"

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
This has probably already been brought up, but if there's no season this year, do they go by last year's standings? Lucky break for the bottom feeders.

dafranchz

moneyp said:
This has probably already been brought up, but if there's no season this year, do they go by last year's standings? Lucky break for the bottom feeders.

I asked Coach (Mark) Hardy and he was baffled about the question. He said he had no clue, but that is no surprise. We both agreed that is was b.s. if Washington got to go again.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I just saw Crosby live for the first time tonight (Tournoi à bout de Souffle at Sherbrooke) and DAMN he is twice as amazing live that he is on tv. That guy is simply unbelivable. In a high-pace offensive minded game he dominated NHL players like they were the juniors and him the pro. Damn, he scored 5 goals and had an assist. Amazing vision, great puck control, superhuman dekes but what is the most impressive about his play is his skating. This kid is damn fast! If a defender lost his trace for just two seconds that was it, Crosby gained the puck and created something.

He is the most talented player I ever see. Maybe it won't translate in the NHL but that kid has the most impressive set of skills in the history of hockey, Damn, he dominated NHL caliber players at the tender age of... 16!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
I just saw Crosby live for the first time tonight (Tournoi à bout de Souffle at Sherbrooke) and DAMN he is twice as amazing live that he is on tv. That guy is simply unbelivable. In a high-pace offensive minded game he dominated NHL players like they were the juniors and him the pro. Damn, he scored 5 goals and had an assist. Amazing vision, great puck control, superhuman dekes but what is the most impressive about his play is his skating. This kid is damn fast! If a defender lost his trace for just two seconds that was it, Crosby gained the puck and created something.

He is the most talented player I ever see. Maybe it won't translate in the NHL but that kid has the most impressive set of skills in the history of hockey, Damn, he dominated NHL caliber players at the tender age of... 16!
What exactly is the Tournoi a bout de Souffle at Sherbrooke.What NHL players
are there and does it continue or was it just one night.As far as your reaction
to seeing Crosby live I know exactly where you're coming from.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
First of all I went to apologize for to length that it took for me to answer, but I have no computer in my appartment so I can only go on the internet when I am at my parents'...

It was a three day tournment with various players from the province of Quebec playing in the NHL, in Europe or in the AHL. There was no big superstars this year at the tournment but the calibre was high anyway. Players like Jason Pomminville, Yannick Lehoux and Simon Gamache where entertaining the crowd like they were doing in their juniors days. Daniel Brière, Jean-Pierre Dumont, Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Mathieu Garon, Donald Brashear, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Alexandre Daigle, Pascal Leclaire, Marc-André Fleury and plenty of others were there. Of course, like I said before they are not superstars but it is still amazing to see a 16 years old kick their butt the way he did. They are REGULAR NHL players, they are representing the "average" players you see in the NHL. Seeing Crosby outmuscled Brashear was priceless. And we could view the frustration in Brashear eyes and after that he tried to become physical with Sid, but the kid was to fast and he was strong enough to do not get jinxed. I had the chance to see him face to face and this kid has a good frame (no baby fat, he is muscular). If he handles all the guys in the big league the way he did with Brashear, give him his place in the HHOF right now (well, not yet but... :P)

The type of matchs are very cool. There are no stops in the play. If there is an offside, the ref simply throws another puck were the face off should have been taken and the play continue. With this type of game you can easily see where the real offensive talent is. And Crosby was by far the most talented player in there and everybody knows that the Q produces a LOT of talented hockey players. Our players are not big or physical but they have twice the talent of the Westerners in terms of offense.

Edit: How can you know from where I am by just reading my post? (I know my location is listed in my profile but I don't understand your point...)

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Sounds awesome! I mean no baby fat. But anyways looks like Crosby is gonna tear the league apart if he keeps developing. Hope he goes to a team that can put him in right away.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Even if I'm a big Habs fan, I really hope he will end in Columbus. To see him centers Nash and Zherdev I would pay millions of dollars. That line would be the best in the NHL and with thoses wingers Crosby would be UNREAL! Another cool possibility would be Atlanta, but this year they have more chances to make the playoffs then to finish in the bottom 5. But imagine Crosby with Dany Heatley on his RW, DAMN it would be so cool!

#87 playing with #61, too cool, way too cool! The only thing I hope is that he won't play for Minnesota.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
As of today Sid is no longer the best 16 year old hockey player on the planet!

He is now the best 17 year old!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
As of today Sid is no longer the best 16 year old hockey player on the planet!

He is now the best 17 year old!
Happy Birthday to Sid. Soon,I think we won't have to know what his age is,
we'll just say he's the best hockey player on the planet.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
First of all I went to apologize for to length that it took for me to answer, but I have no computer in my appartment so I can only go on the internet when I am at my parents'...

It was a three day tournment with various players from the province of Quebec playing in the NHL, in Europe or in the AHL. There was no big superstars this year at the tournment but the calibre was high anyway. Players like Jason Pomminville, Yannick Lehoux and Simon Gamache where entertaining the crowd like they were doing in their juniors days. Daniel Brière, Jean-Pierre Dumont, Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Mathieu Garon, Donald Brashear, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Alexandre Daigle, Pascal Leclaire, Marc-André Fleury and plenty of others were there. Of course, like I said before they are not superstars but it is still amazing to see a 16 years old kick their butt the way he did. They are REGULAR NHL players, they are representing the "average" players you see in the NHL. Seeing Crosby outmuscled Brashear was priceless. And we could view the frustration in Brashear eyes and after that he tried to become physical with Sid, but the kid was to fast and he was strong enough to do not get jinxed. I had the chance to see him face to face and this kid has a good frame (no baby fat, he is muscular). If he handles all the guys in the big league the way he did with Brashear, give him his place in the HHOF right now (well, not yet but... :P)

The type of matchs are very cool. There are no stops in the play. If there is an offside, the ref simply throws another puck were the face off should have been taken and the play continue. With this type of game you can easily see where the real offensive talent is. And Crosby was by far the most talented player in there and everybody knows that the Q produces a LOT of talented hockey players. Our players are not big or physical but they have twice the talent of the Westerners in terms of offense.

Edit: How can you know from where I am by just reading my post? (I know my location is listed in my profile but I don't understand your point...)
What I meant is I can relate to your reaction from having seen Sid play live,He
is definitely amazing to watch.

Pat_Habs

Aug 7, 2004
For 2005 draft, Crosby will be pick 1st, sure.

But who will be the second between Latendresse and Brule!?

The 2004-2005 CHL season will be revealent for these two players.

For people who said that Rimouski will be THE club...no.

The Oceanic has Crosby...and others. Pouliot is always injured, Roussin can scores 50 goals...with Crosby. Neilson picked in 2nd round because he played with Crosby last season. Hrdel is a third liner. Stewart is enigmatic, it's a trouble player.

In defence, they have weaknesses and finally Schneider decided to go at Boston, so, Rimouski has an ordinary team who can surprise because they have Crosby.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
Even if I'm a big Habs fan, I really hope he will end in Columbus. To see him centers Nash and Zherdev I would pay millions of dollars. That line would be the best in the NHL and with thoses wingers Crosby would be UNREAL! Another cool possibility would be Atlanta, but this year they have more chances to make the playoffs then to finish in the bottom 5. But imagine Crosby with Dany Heatley on his RW, DAMN it would be so cool!

#87 playing with #61, too cool, way too cool! The only thing I hope is that he won't play for Minnesota.
I'd like to see him with Nash as well!!

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yesterday's session with Caufield and goalie Greg Szazynski of Shaler was only Lemieux's third skating workout since the surgery. He was on ice twice in Southern California with three partners with whom he toiled a handful of weeks this summer: Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios, unsigned defenseman Mathieu Schneider and 17-year-old wunderkind Sidney Crosby.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04227/361629.stm

crosby's been skating with mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad