The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Habs4Life said:
You make me laugh.. The difference is Sidney Crosby play's for the love of the game and is an always improving player.. To say he is an Alexandre Daigle is pitfully on your part and an embarassment to yourself.. :yo:

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. He's saying, or at least I think he's saying, that a prospect has to prove himself in the NHL first, not have the superstar bill given to him out right... not that Crosby's going to be a bust.

I agree with that statement... if that is what he meant. Look at guys like Bryan Fogerty, Daigle, Steve Durbano, Alexandre Volckov, Chad Kilger, Jason Bonsignore, Daniel Dore. They were all called superstars before they had a chance to prove themselves... now look at the turns their careers took.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Honus Joglund said:
Look at guys like Bryan Fogerty, Daigle, Steve Durbano, Alexandre Volckov, Chad Kilger, Jason Bonsignore, Daniel Dore. They were all called superstars before they had a chance to prove themselves... now look at the turns their careers took.

Someone called these guys 'superstars'? Sorry- I really don't think so. Of these only Daigle got the 'potential superstar' label. The others were merely good prospects (some with MAJOR well-known off-ice problems). And why should the fact that they failed to produce hang so darkly over Crosby? Why be so pessimistic? Yes, we know that ANY player might not live up to expectations- such is watching prospects. But why take this ultra-cautious, negative route? This is beyond 'better safe than sorry'- this is like saying you won't get on an airplne because it might crash- then listing all the past air disasters.

As for hype- hype can be good. If a player can't live up to hype he's not the kind who's going to be a great pro. So be it. But hype can make a player work harder to excel in order to meet the expectations. I hate it when we set the bar too low- "Oh just him be himself"- it sounds like we're setting up excuses for failure. Already Canadian olymians have been reamed for (assumedly) taking too much of this 'personal best' attitude.

Pat_Habs

Aug 7, 2004
Crosby played his first game of the year last night.

He got 1 goal and 2 assists.

So, he made 3 points, this is the average that many people think he will get for season.

(60-70 games x 3pts/game = 180-210pts)

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
steblick said:
Someone called these guys 'superstars'? Sorry- I really don't think so. Of these only Daigle got the 'potential superstar' label. The others were merely good prospects (some with MAJOR well-known off-ice problems).

no not really yes Daigle was ranked as the potential superstar of the next generation but Fogerty as well was suppose to be the next Bobby Orr some where saying. He broke all scoring records in junior for d-men and was the top scorer in the league as a d-man, he was ranked as the next big d-man of our generation to be in a class with only super select few.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
4pts and the 1st star of the game for Sid this afternoon against Val d'Or 1g 3a, he now have 2g and 5a in 2 games, Rimouski won 7-4

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
I saw in the transaction wire about 2 days ago that the Thrashers assigned him and others to Chicago (AHL). Hopeful I'll get to see him against the Barons in Cleveland. :handclap:

The AHL is going to be awesome this year.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
rahan said:
He played really bad.. Outplayed by Zagrapan BADLY.
What do you mean he played really bad and he got outplayed by Zagrapan BADLY.Were they playing onlines against each other-they couldn't be for the whole game as Sidney was break even in the plus minus category.Sidney had points on all his teams goals and was one of the few players on his team without a negative plus-minus.It doesn't look like he played really bad or that he
got outplayed "BADLY" by anyone but if you would like to make a little friendly
bet re:Zagrapan vs.Crosby for the whole year and not just one game,I'll take you
up on that and even give you odds.

Last edited:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
rahan said:
He played really bad.. Outplayed by Zagrapan BADLY.
Oh sorry I didn't notice your avatar and location when i first responded.Of course
I know the reason for your statement-it was a homer post.Enjoy it while you can.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
pei fan said:
Oh sorry I didn't notice your avatar and location when i first responded.Of course
I know the reason for your statement-it was a homer post.Enjoy it while you can.

Let me rephrase then: Crosby didn't play well, and Zagrapan did. Enjoy it while you can..? wtf. Why are you so mad at me, it's a fact that Sidney didn't play a good game and I'm just stating it. How does that affect you?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
CrosbyIsGod said:
Nics played bad, Crosby was ok but not good

That's what I would say. Crosby showed flashes of his unbelievable talent, but he was invisble otherwise. He still was the one who played the best game for Rimouski...

ruutu37

May 4, 2004
I saw the highlites on either sportsnet or tsn and it showed one of crosby's teammates beating the crap out of the guy who did it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
pei fan said:

Easy, he was just giving his opinion. There's an ignore feature you can use if you don't want to read his posts, but there's no need to go calling someone a homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad