The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
stockwizard said:
In defense of Lemieux, he did make a huge jump from 16 to 17 and again from 17 to 18. At Crosby's present skill set it would be almost impossible for him to make the same jump.

That's true, I forgot about that.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
The one light at the end of the tunnel for Penguins fans if there is no season next year. If the Penguins land Crosby I can say without a doubt I'll be the happiest ****ing guy on the planet.
Yeah I think I mentioned that before.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
kovalchuk17atl said:
I'm confused. The kid outscored Lemieux at 16, I think that shows he can have a skill level similar to Lemieux's. Now he won't put up 199 points in today's NHL but I can forsee 140 in his prime.
yes but will he outscore lemieux at 17 and 18, where lemieux jumped 100 pts each year? he's doing great but we still have to wait and see whether or not he develops as quickly as mario before we start comparing him to mario or gretzky.

i really hope he does because it's always fun to see a super player.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Who do you think will be Sid linemates next year?.... For me.. Roussin will vertainly stay with him.. i'll put rooki Francis Charete on 2nd line... but he's not big... it needs someone who can gave Crosby some ice

stockwizard*

CrosbyIsGod said:
Who do you think will be Sid linemates next year?.... For me.. Roussin will vertainly stay with him.. i'll put rooki Francis Charete on 2nd line... but he's not big... it needs someone who can gave Crosby some ice
Yes your right. I am not an expert of Rimouski, but he should play with Roussin and another very big guy. I don't like to see any jealous players take any liberties against Crosby.
Crosby will only be better next year. He has the fire burning inside of him to improve. It is only natural that a player improves from the age of 16 to 18. The only thing that could slow him down is injury.
I don't like to make projections for the type of year he will have next year, only that it will be better than the previous one. By how much we will see.

stockwizard*

pei fan said:
littleHossa had a legitimate post and once again some moron hi-jack's it.
To answer your question littleHossa, Sidney has alot of skill's at a very high level but the 2 thing's that stand out are his ability to see the ice and anticipate the
play and his skating ability with the puck.How fast is he compared to others
I don't know but he is as quick as any player i've ever seen.
From the people I have spoken too, and from what I have seen:

-Crosby has an amazing 3 step acceleration that possibly has never been matched by another 16 year old. His top end speed is also excellent.
-His stick work is incredible. That means skating with the puck, extremely fast stickhandling, stealing the puck from opponents, how many players can pick the puck up lacross style while skating full speed?
-Crosby vision is extraordinary. He has the God given talent to see the play developing and anticipate.
-For his age his shot is hard and is also very accurate.
-Finally his mind, he is never intimidated and he always wants to improve.

If I were to compare his individual skills with Ovechkin, I would say Ovechkin possibly due to age has a little heavier shot, but all else goes to Crosby.
They have never gone head to head in a skills competition so this is very subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I know it seems like a stupid little detail but how tall do you think Crosby will be by the time he's 18 and NHL ready? He's 5'10 at 16 so I'm thinking 6'2 or 6'3 is not out of the question in two years.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Forsberg4ever said:
I know it seems like a stupid little detail but how tall do you think Crosby will be by the time he's 18 and NHL ready? He's 5'10 at 16 so I'm thinking 6'2 or 6'3 is not out of the question in two years.

He'll likely be 6'0. Maybe 6'1.

stockwizard*

There is absolutely no way to predict how tall he is going to be.
Whoever says there is, doesn't know what they are talking about.

I will say his body is already very mature so I would be surprised to see him grow much more.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Forsberg4ever said:

Its almost impossible to grow that much. I'm 6'2 now, and I was about 6'1'' when I was 16.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Its almost impossible to grow that much. I'm 6'2 now, and I was about 6'1'' when I was 16.
well then u didnt hit ur growth spurt, when i was playing at 16 i was 6'1 and by my last year of jr. i was 6'5.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
stockwizard said:
There is absolutely no way to predict how tall he is going to be.
Whoever says there is, doesn't know what they are talking about.

I will say his body is already very mature so I would be surprised to see him grow much more.

Why would you offer your opinion after saying it's useless to predict?

Fielddog

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Don't know if it was already posted but he is on schedule to be at the Kings prospect camp next week. Posted at the Kings web site a few minutes ago

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
monster_bertuzzi said:
its not outta the question.......wheen i was 16 i was about 5'10 or 5'9 and now im 6'4"

stockwizard*

Crosby will not play in the WHA. He will stay in Rimouski just like I predicted. Rimouski is the place for Crosby.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Crosby at L.A. Prospect Camp

7/7/2004

LOS ANGELES – The Canadian Hockey League’s Player-of-the-Year, Sidney Crosby, has been invited and is expected to participate in the 2004 Los Angeles Kings Development Camp later this month at the HealthSouth Training Center in El Segundo, the club and IMG announced today. In addition, highly-touted defensemen Jack Johnson and Raymond Macias, a California native and Junior Kings alumnus, will participate in the Camp, which takes place July 11-23 and will feature more than 44 players, on-ice and off-ice workouts, and one exhibition game.

Crosby, 16, is eligible for 2005 NHL Entry Draft and is expected to be the top selection. He appeared in 59 games this past season for the Rimouski Oceanic of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) and recorded a league-leading 135 points (54-81=135) and 74 penalty minutes. He became the first player to win the CHL Player-of-the-Year, the Top Scorer and Top Rookie honors all in the same year. The QMJHL named him the Offensive Player of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year and Personality of the Year, as well as awarding to Crosby the Jean Beliveau Trophy as league scoring leader.

In addition, the 5-11, 190-pound forward from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, earned a Silver Medal with Team Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships. On December 28, 2003, Crosby scored in a 7-2 win over Switzerland, becoming the youngest player ever to score for the team at age 16 years, 4 months, 24 days. The puck from Crosby’s record making goal is in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Johnson, 17, appeared in 37 games with the United States National Under-17 Development Program this past season. The 6-0, 197-pound native of Fairbault, Minnesota, recorded 26 points (10-16=26) and 107 penalty minutes.

Macias, 17, appeared in 69 games for the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League and recorded 29 points (12-17=29) with 14 penalty minutes. The 6-1, 190 pound native of Long Beach, also played in five playoff games with the Blazers and recorded two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad