The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Feb 19, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Anyone hear about Crosby gettin' into a fight at training camp today?

Wasn't much of a fight. A couple of punches and pushes between him and Phaneuf.

oldhabfan

Feb 28, 2002
NS
Visit site
Honus Joglund said:
It's ok big guy... that's what I heard somewhere on TV. No need to get all over protective of the golden boy, you knob. :rolleyes:

If you're sure you heard it on Tv and are not making this up, tell us were and when you heard it so we check it out...As the man said and I concur, Sid was crossed check in the back and stood up for himself, plain and simple...So, don't try and make anymore of this than what it is....

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
oldhabfan said:
If you're sure you heard it on Tv and are not making this up, tell us were and when you heard it so we check it out...As the man said and I concur, Sid was crossed check in the back and stood up for himself, plain and simple...So, don't try and make anymore of this than what it is....

Were either of you guys from NS in the rink?

The hype machine needs to lighten up. Crosby may or may not be the best prospect in the world, but he ain't running to be sainted and never has. He plays intense, on the edge hockey and has a reputation for having more than a bit of temper - and has been put off of his game more than once by players and teams who knew how to get under his skin. He has also used his stick as a weapon more than once or twice - so it would not be a shock to find that he had speared someone leading to Fistric taking his liberties.

There is more than one reason why Crosby ticked off many of the players in camp and ended up with scrums and elbows for his pains. Like I say - he is no little angel and has never pretended to be. That happens to be one of the reasons that a lot of us like him.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gb701 said:
Were either of you guys from NS in the rink?

The hype machine needs to lighten up. Crosby may or may not be the best prospect in the world, but he ain't running to be sainted and never has. He plays intense, on the edge hockey and has a reputation for having more than a bit of temper - and has been put off of his game more than once by players and teams who knew how to get under his skin. He has also used his stick as a weapon more than once or twice - so it would not be a shock to find that he had speared someone leading to Fistric taking his liberties.

There is more than one reason why Crosby ticked off many of the players in camp and ended up with scrums and elbows for his pains. Like I say - he is no little angel and has never pretended to be. That happens to be one of the reasons that a lot of us like him.

I for one can agree, though Crosby's temper on the ice has improved he can still go nuts here and there, but he is still young as well and maturity will get better and better so I don't think this will be a problem. But in Midget AAA I know watchking him a ton he had a really bad temper, he plays tough and he would want to fight in AAA though he never did he would never back down from anyone and he would start things here and there and he would do dirty things as well, he is better now but not fully, I do agree this is what seperates him from the other top prospects, not only is he super talented on the ice, he isn't scared to start things on the ice either.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
oldhabfan said:

It's been over a week. I don't think they'll be bringing it up again. And I've already said I thought it was on TSN. Again, no need to get over protective of the wonder boy. As has been mentioned, it's not as if Crosby has never used his stick as a weapon before.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
7 points !!!! hat trick for roussin and neilson 2 goals ... hometown gaspesian sebastian aspirot also fight :yo:
yes and he did won his fights 3 in 3 for him.
another note Francis Charette was also amazing with a beautiful breakaway goal.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Cayouche5 said:
What a game by Crosby in his first game this preseason, 2goals and 5pass I was at the game. Roussin was also very good.
Good for Sid. Where was Pouliot?Looks like goaltending might be a weak spot.

stockwizard*

Crosby Story.

I had an opportunity to see Crosby play in a game last year. It was a game in Rimouski against Victoriaville.

I have seen many players before with a lot of hype and have turned out to be busts, so I was a little skeptical about Crosby.

I will tell you this. Crosby had 3 goals and 2 assists and put on such a display, that grown men around me had tears in their eyes. Crosby's performance actually gave this guy next to me so much pleasure that he was reduced to tears. Tears of joy.

When Ovechkin can make grown men cry with his skill level, then we can talk about comparing the two.

The great Crosby will be a true ambassador of the sport one day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
CFA said:
Crosby Story.

I had an opportunity to see Crosby play in a game last year. It was a game in Rimouski against Victoriaville.

I have seen many players before with a lot of hype and have turned out to be busts, so I was a little skeptical about Crosby.

I will tell you this. Crosby had 3 goals and 2 assists and put on such a display, that grown men around me had tears in their eyes. Crosby's performance actually gave this guy next to me so much pleasure that he was reduced to tears. Tears of joy.

When Ovechkin can make grown men cry with his skill level, then we can talk about comparing the two.

Wow, are you Sidney's promotianal spokes person? That's quite the story.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
stockwizard said:
Crosby Story.

Pat Brisson? That you?

st_roland

stockwizard said:
Crosby Story.

.... :joker: :lol

That line in bold sounds like a line in an infomercial:

"I've heard about [insert generic product here] before and had always been let down, so i was a little skeptical about [insert product infomercial is for]"

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
stockwizard said:
Crosby Story.

You have said some ridiculous things in the past, but grown men crying because of the pleasure Crosby gave them? Give me a break. If they really were crying then they need to be locked up.

Buffaloed said:
This is not a thread about Ovechkin and we will take a very dim view of anyone who tries to hijack it for that purpose.

Why do you have to bring up Ovechkin, stockwizard? You obsessed with him, as well?

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
To me, Sidney Crosby = Alexandre Daigle until proven otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the kid, god knows I'd LOVE to see someone finally living up to this kinda hype, the whole hockey world would gain on it.

But again, this is hardly the first time I heard this kinda talk. I guess people have already given up on Spezza being the "Next One" ;)

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
H/H said:

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the kid, god knows I'd LOVE to see someone finally living up to this kinda hype, the whole hockey world would gain on it.

But again, this is hardly the first time I heard this kinda talk. I guess people have already given up on Spezza being the "Next One" ;)

You make me laugh.. The difference is Sidney Crosby play's for the love of the game and is an always improving player.. To say he is an Alexandre Daigle is pitfully on your part and an embarassment to yourself.. :yo:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Habs4Life said:
You make me laugh.. The difference is Sidney Crosby play's for the love of the game and is an always improving player.. To say he is an Alexandre Daigle is pitfully on your part and an embarassment to yourself.. :yo:

Nobody in their right mind would have thought Daigle was a fruitcake as a teenager. Now of course we cant expect Crosby to bolt from the NHL to persue a movie career, but dont be blinded into thinking nothings possible.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
H/H said:

The hype machine is higher for Sid because he's better than Spezza was at the same age. Spezza had pretty big hype because he was certainly a protege - but not as much hype as Crosby. And deservedly so.

Excellent prospect- excellent hype. Gigantic prospect- gigantic hype. Why not?

Erngueva

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/162688.html

A good article about Sidney. It's in french sorry.

I can give you some highlight :

- He is near 5'11 and he gain 5 to 7 lbs in muscle this summer : 192 lbs.
- He said his biggest asset for his second year in junior is experience
- He said he more faster than last year.
- He want to win the gold medal at WJC.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
steblick said:
The hype machine is higher for Sid because he's better than Spezza was at the same age. Spezza had pretty big hype because he was certainly a protege - but not as much hype as Crosby. And deservedly so.

Excellent prospect- excellent hype. Gigantic prospect- gigantic hype. Why not?

I understand the hype will be enormous. But I think people put way too high expectations on him. The people that hype him the most now are probably the same that will call him a failure if he isn't a 100 point scorer in his first season. Personally, I think it'd be a major accomplishment if he could collect 60-70 points in his first season, given the scrutiny he'll be under coupled with the fact that he most probably won't play for a very good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad