The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Before WJC : 2.1 pts/game
After WJC : 3.4 pts/game

At the rate he's going right now, he should beat his 16 years old season.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
So uh, when was the last time a guy scored 50 in his first 50 games of the season?

And when was the last time a 17 year old did that?

gangstajerome

Dec 3, 2004
its hard to know exactyl how much abuse sidney gets from the camera footage on sportsnet

im sure we missed a lot that led up to his slashing and stuff.

KariyaIsGod*

Unbiased Canadian said:
50 goals in 27 games....god damn it Mario Lemieux is amazing.

Wow, Tony Tanti did it in 35 games in a lower scoring league...

He is Jesus...

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Alot of smaller, skilled players use their stick in less than respectable fashion so they can have more space. Crosby knows he's a target out there and that his teammates can't protect him all the time so he needs to send a message to the rest of the league that if you do try to abuse him you will pay a price. Until he does something really vicious I don't see too big a problem. He'll get his two minutes, he'll feel shame and then he'll score another goal.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Habsfunk said:
Alot of smaller, skilled players use their stick in less than respectable fashion so they can have more space. Crosby knows he's a target out there and that his teammates can't protect him all the time so he needs to send a message to the rest of the league that if you do try to abuse him you will pay a price. Until he does something really vicious I don't see too big a problem. He'll get his two minutes, he'll feel shame and then he'll score another goal.

It's exactly what happens... But there's something you need to mention. Sidney is always where the action is. He's a good agitator imo. It's not his style, but he agitates the play very often, always within the rules of the art.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
gb701 said:
:lol:

I love that description of the "rules of the art".

well, like many others here, I don't speak english on a daily basis. I tried to find something that meant "dans les règles de l'art". However, I have no clue of how it sounds in english. I hope it didn't looked too foolish.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Bergeron47 said:
Dude, Crosby scored 50 goals, and Crosby's played 50 games. That's all that matters.

No, it's not all that matters. X in Y records in hockey have *always* been in the team's number of games, not the players. No "I" in "Team", remember?

This is just silly modern re-defining of terms by fan-bois, to prop up their heroes, and try and make them seem greater than they are. They did exactly the same thing with the mythical Tiger Woods "Grand Slam". Tiger didn't win the Grand Slam, as much as some people desperately wanted him to.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
So what's the big deal. If their calling this guy the Next one shouldn't this be expected in Junior.
Heck,Gretzky did it in 39 games in the NHL. That's what I call impressive

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PecaFan said:
No, it's not all that matters. X in Y records in hockey have *always* been in the team's number of games, not the players. No "I" in "Team", remember?

This is just silly modern re-defining of terms by fan-bois, to prop up their heroes, and try and make them seem greater than they are. They did exactly the same thing with the mythical Tiger Woods "Grand Slam". Tiger didn't win the Grand Slam, as much as some people desperately wanted him to.
Tiger Woods is a legend though. He could hold all 4 majors at once. I didn't see Jack or Palmer do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->