OT: The New Thread About Nuthin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i did some f***ed math and realized i actually would wake up at 6 am…..eat some eggs…..drive to the f***ing city for a 730 t0 430 shift…..

AND THEN drive home for an hour and a half… its after 6 pm. ….angry as f*** ……

it messes with your head…..and eventually ….enough is enough and i got wise
Totally relatable. I left a 8:30-3 job for one that was 10-6, but the commute got me home around 7:30 if there was no traffic. Our daughter was 3 at the time so I'd basically see her for like a half hour. Plus it was Tuesday-Saturday so I was only off on Sundays with my wife. It was just too difficult being away and I left a lot of money on the table when I left but my overall happiness increased ten fold. Don't regret it whatsoever.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
If it were up to me I’d still be working from home full time, but sadly it isn’t. Luckily my wife is still there for the time being.

The vaccine saved my ass from COVID for the second time recently. My iPhone alerted me Saturday that I was exposed by someone last Tuesday, so I got a rapid test one day and a PCR test the other day. Both came back negative.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If it were up to me I’d still be working from home full time, but sadly it isn’t. Luckily my wife is still there for the time being.

The vaccine saved my ass from COVID for the second time recently. My iPhone alerted me Saturday that I was exposed by someone last Tuesday, so I got a rapid test one day and a PCR test the other day. Both came back negative.
How often does that go off because I don't know a single person using that?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I did that almost 5 years ago and I don't regret it a bit. Quit a job that I worked at for nearly ten years to make some more money doing similar work but a pretty substantial commute and later hours. Figured the paychecks would override anything negative. It didn't. I lasted like 5 months before I quit, took a pay cut at a different place but was far happier overall. The grass isn't always greener and it takes courage to leave, especially with nothing concrete waiting for you. Best of luck. There's a ton of work out there now.

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me too! Left a company I'd been at for years for a nice pay increase, for similar work plus an additional component. Turns out that additional part is a massive portion of the day-to-day and it's awful.

I'm a bit hopeful that possible opportunity will turn into something since it's with my old boss who reached out to me the other week. But we'll see! Either way, woke up today with a big smile on my face

Good for you. It was obviously something weighing on you. So at least enjoy the feeling of having that anxiety about the decision off your chest.

Thank you friend!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've been at the same place going on 22 years in February. It's been a grind.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I've been at the same place going on 22 years in February. It's been a grind.

That's definitely impressive, you rarely see that these days it seems.

I've heard so much about moving around to get a pay increase, and I saw it first hand going up about $25K with my recent move. But man the money isn't worth it if you're miserable. I don't live a lavish lifestyle lol, I just want to enjoy what I'm doing... or at least not hate it this much.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So I had to go the doctors today and when I am a bit nervous I sing. In this instance I was humming...and my goes In da gadda devita...I said no Come as you are...and I just realized Nirvana ripped off that base line from Iron Butterfly.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So I had to go the doctors today and when I am a bit nervous I sing. In this instance I was humming...and my goes In da gadda devita...I said no Come as you are...and I just realized Nirvana ripped off that base line from Iron Butterfly.
were you going to the ear doctor! I dont hear it with Iron Butterfly
but people say these two songs are similar to Come As You Are
I found this too
Why was Kurt Cobain reluctant to release Come As You Are?

Both Kurt, the band and their management were a little weary of releasing Come as You Are due to its similarity to Eighties. A single from the punk legends Killing Joke.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

I'm usually very on top of many things with this subject. However - i can't believe i didn't know they have Over the Counter take home kits, for just $25. Results in 15 minutes. I know PCR is the way to go, but its great these things exist now.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
its mirror cutting night…

no, its not railing lines on a 1982 michael jackson glass with a 2 color screen print …..

its cutting a 1/8" mirror for the first aid area to replace the one i broke in the wood shop shed by accident…its a medicine cabinet

so beer and gloves and it should be fun

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
My company has us taking daily lateral flow tests, they are paying us 30 mins overtime each shift to do it. Massive overkill, but I like free money.

Luckily for us, lateral flow tests are free on the NHS. You can walk into any pharmacy and pick up a weeks worth or order packs through the NHS app.

Double jabbed BioNtech, wife is double jabbed Oxford.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
@britdevil
how do ya feel about danny ings leaving? hows the transfer window going for yall

£30mill for a 29 year old who spends significant time on the injury table? Great deal. It's a bit of a slap in the face for fans as they feel Ings "owed us" for resurrecting his career, but it is what it is. This is the model Saints have to operate in, sell to buy.

I'm hopeful they can bring in a good young striker with that money. We're linked with Adam Armstrong who plays for Blackburn (Championship). He had 29 goals last season. There are reports out there that he fancies a move to Crystal Palace, who interestingly enough are owned by Harris and Blitzer's sports group I believe.

We've added a promising young left back from France and two prospects from the Chelsea youth academy. Walcott signed permanently, so he can provide some veteran leadership.

Decent window so far, hoping it can get better. Slightly worried about where the goals are going to come from and our Captain, James Ward-Prowse, is still being linked with a move to Villa. Hope that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
£30mill for a 29 year old who spends significant time on the injury table? Great deal. It's a bit of a slap in the face for fans as they feel Ings "owed us" for resurrecting his career, but it is what it is. This is the model Saints have to operate in, sell to buy.

I'm hopeful they can bring in a good young striker with that money. We're linked with Adam Armstrong who plays for Blackburn (Championship). He had 29 goals last season. There are reports out there that he fancies a move to Crystal Palace, who interestingly enough are owned by Harris and Blitzer's sports group I believe.

We've added a promising young left back from France and two prospects from the Chelsea youth academy. Walcott signed permanently, so he can provide some veteran leadership.

Decent window so far, hoping it can get better. Slightly worried about where the goals are going to come from and our Captain, James Ward-Prowse, is still being linked with a move to Villa. Hope that doesn't happen.
villa is just buying everyone aren't they

unfortunately my everton are doing f*** all

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
@njdevils1982 My wife and I watched the losing to win video. At 10 minutes in she goes "Tom McVie is a treasure... remember when they told us this was a conspiracy theory?"

We love Tommy in our house.

Reactions: njdevils1982

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm usually very on top of many things with this subject. However - i can't believe i didn't know they have Over the Counter take home kits, for just $25. Results in 15 minutes. I know PCR is the way to go, but its great these things exist now.

My daughter developed a nasty cold with many of rhe signs of covid. I wanted the pcr test, but i had forgotten about the OTC test. Runs in the same principle as a pregnancy test. Cost me US$20. Thankfully it came back negative in 15 minutes.

Of course she passed her germs to me and my 7 month old. The 7 month old is very sick. Turns out it's RSV. A mild common cold virus in adults, but potentially deadly for infants. Poor kid is wheezing, coughing, and has a high fever. He cant sleep. Poor kid.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Had a very nice shooting session this evening. I haven't been able to shoot my bow since the middle of May. Doctors orders. No pain so that's good.

Shot a 300 round tonight...not great but not bad either - 264 out of 300. My average is more like 276. But for not shooting in almost 3 months I was ok with it. Glad I finished strong on the 12th end with a 25.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
this is a real video….oh 80s ….you had your time
I remember this song being played on WNEW FM New York radio, music was a little quiet then, it was the calm before the storm (Grunge) Jesus Jones, The Radiators, Michael Penn, Mathew Sweet, all kind of 1 hit wonders
I listened to the Dave Herman Rock n Roll Morning show back then, but Dave would get arrested later on for hooking up with minors online and was thrown in jail where he killed himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad