OT: The New Thread About Nuthin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i just adopted a 3-legged dog. Any advice? So far so good
Does he/she get along fine? I'd imagine it does?

I'd treat it like any other dog.

I have seen a few 3 legged deer.

There used to be on where I used to hunt. She lost her leg as a fawn from a tractor while they were cutting a field. Unfortunately fawns will lay in high grass to hide.

But she moved fine. Even ran with other deer. You wouldn't even know she had 3 legs by watching her from a distance. We watched her for 4 & 1/2 years until we did she her anymore. 4& 1/2 happens to be the life expectancy of a deer in the wild. Not sure what happened to her but her leg didn't appear to be an issue.

I think animals are incredibly adaptable.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i just adopted a 3-legged dog. Any advice? So far so good

There used to be on where I used to hunt. She lost her leg as a fawn from a tractor while they were cutting a field. Unfortunately fawns will lay in high grass to hide.

But she moved fine. Even ran with other deer. You wouldn't even know she had 3 legs by watching her from a distance. We watched her for 4 & 1/2 years until we did she her anymore. 4& 1/2 happens to be the life expectancy of a deer in the wild. Not sure what happened to her but her leg didn't appear to be an issue.

i have a dog and it gets some pine needle in her paw and she runs on 3 like it's nothing….dogs fair more than well regardless of front or back paw

they still run like f***

edit: mr boj, which leg is missing?

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

As far as the loss of limb - overall yes. She plays with my neighbor's dog and I was surprised how fast she is. But she's very timid - but that will take time.

I guess my worry is my stairs. They're surprisingly narrow I think. Outside steps she's a rock star. So i keep running her up those, with treats. Anyway - she's sweet. It's only been 4 days with a good amount of progress.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
As far as the loss of limb - overall yes. She plays with my neighbor's dog and I was surprised how fast she is. But she's very timid - but that will take time.

I guess my worry is my stairs. They're surprisingly narrow I think. Outside steps she's a rock star. So i keep running her up those, with treats. Anyway - she's sweet. It's only been 4 days with a good amount of progress.

dogs are smart. she probably already forgot about her missing leg and just goes about her day like any young pooch

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

was it a front leg?
there was a deer hobbling around my neighborhood with a broken/dangling rear leg and had lots of trouble keeping up with the pack, after a few months I never saw it again
I think a rear leg is tough to lose for a deer or any animal

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
was it a front leg?
there was a deer hobbling around my neighborhood with a broken/dangling rear leg and had lots of trouble keeping up with the pack, after a few months I never saw it again
I think a rear leg is tough to lose for a deer or any animal
Yeah it was a front leg.

Alice in Chains didn't really excited me in the gym this morning. I need more of that repetitious machine gun sound in the gym.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yeah it was a front leg.

Alice in Chains didn't really excited me in the gym this morning. I need more of that repetitious machine gun sound in the gym.
OK Dirt is more heavy than fast
how about this one, every song is a minute or two long and sounds like a machine gun!
S.O.D.-SpeakEnglishorDie.D.jpg

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Who’s going to any shows?
Rancid/Dropkick - Stone Pony Summer Stage 8/27
Devo - Radio City. Suicide Hall 9/21

"Rancid/Dropkick - Stone Pony Summer Stage 8/27"

I dearly hope that show goes on but I have a feeling we might be instore for another set of lockdowns, at least restrictions...I hope not but with Monmouth County seeing a bit of spike who knows what's going to happen.

Monmouth is the only N.J. county with a ‘high’ COVID transmission rate. These numbers explain why.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

I dearly hope that show goes on but I have a feeling we might be instore for another set of lockdowns, at least restrictions...I hope not but with Monmouth County seeing a bit of spike who knows what's going to happen.

Monmouth is the only N.J. county with a ‘high’ COVID transmission rate. These numbers explain why.

Yeah, was talking about that yesterday with a friend. Staying positive and keep in keeping and whatnot.

Reactions: JimEIV

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

Similarly - i bought tix for Bouncing Souls in early September. Though i'm not sure if i'll go or not. We'll see if its A) not canceled and B) what my vibe is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad