OT: The New Thread About Nuthin

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Do they still wear the goofy flowerpots and outfits?

oh ya,…. but they changed their look on the fly during the set into different getups …were also much 'heavier' live then i was expecting them to be

my old band was very much inspired by devo and shadowy men on a shadowy planet (the guys that did the kids in the hall theme for those who dont know)

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Just resigned from my job I started a few months ago, just a miserable experience. Might have a replacement but nothing concrete, but I'm still so happy I pulled the trigger on leaving.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Just resigned from my job I started a few months ago, just a miserable experience. Might have a replacement but nothing concrete, but I'm still so happy I pulled the trigger on leaving.
I commend you for your courage. I don't have that courage.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Yeah it was a front leg.

Alice in Chains didn't really excited me in the gym this morning. I need more of that repetitious machine gun sound in the gym.

Maybe/probably not your style, but for the gym...specifically lifting, Slipknot always gets it for me.

And just for a bit of a tribute to their original drummer who died last week.

Reactions: JimEIV

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I did that almost 5 years ago and I don't regret it a bit. Quit a job that I worked at for nearly ten years to make some more money doing similar work but a pretty substantial commute and later hours. Figured the paychecks would override anything negative. It didn't. I lasted like 5 months before I quit, took a pay cut at a different place but was far happier overall. The grass isn't always greener and it takes courage to leave, especially with nothing concrete waiting for you. Best of luck. There's a ton of work out there now.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I did that almost 5 years ago and I don't regret it a bit. Quit a job that I worked at for nearly ten years to make some more money doing similar work but a pretty substantial commute and later hours. Figured the paychecks would override anything negative. It didn't. I lasted like 5 months before I quit, took a pay cut at a different place but was far happier overall. The grass isn't always greener and it takes courage to leave, especially with nothing concrete waiting for you. Best of luck. There's a ton of work out there now.

3 and a half years leaving the company…one of the best things ive ever done.

i make my own schedule now ...and ya……im happier

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It really is remarkable how unhappy you can become at your place of employment and how much it affects you until you're not there.

i did some f***ed math and realized i actually would wake up at 6 am…..eat some eggs…..drive to the f***ing city for a 730 t0 430 shift…..

AND THEN drive home for an hour and a half… its after 6 pm. ….angry as f*** ……

it messes with your head…..and eventually ….enough is enough and i got wise

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

Good for you. It was obviously something weighing on you. So at least enjoy the feeling of having that anxiety about the decision off your chest.

Derps

Jul 1, 2018
i did some f***ed math and realized i actually would wake up at 6 am…..eat some eggs…..drive to the f***ing city for a 730 t0 430 shift…..

AND THEN drive home for an hour and a half… its after 6 pm. ….angry as f*** ……

it messes with your head…..and eventually ….enough is enough and i got wise

Sold as the American dream!

Reactions: Billdo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->