OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta distrust those intellectuals. I ain't wearing a face mask. Sad.
Many of us don’t need someone to point out safety. Many of us grasp the changes based on evolving information. I know I could find a dozen of my neighbors who have common sense, compassion, intelligence, and balls to run the country and states like Florida, Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, and Texas to name a handful better than what we have leading now.

A fish rots from the head down - I consider none of them intellectual watching their handling of the coronavirus.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The problem is all the insecure yahoo’s who ‘I’m an American blah blah blah I don’t have to wear a mask.’

if everyone did their part we would probably saved 100,000 lives but we have garbage leadership who didn’t set an example - um, a good example.
Any plan that starts with “if everyone does their part...” or “if we’re smart about this...” or “if we act quickly we can still...” is just an exercise in futility.

Give me a plan that can work when 20% of people can be expected to actively work against it, 20% can be expected to not follow it at all, 20% can be counted on for a couple weeks tops, and the remaining 40% are well meaning but under resourced. That’s the kind of plan that will get things done in America.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any plan that starts with “if everyone does their part...” or “if we’re smart about this...” or “if we act quickly we can still...” is just an exercise in futility.

Give me a plan that can work when 20% of people can be expected to actively work against it, 20% can be expected to not follow it at all, 20% can be counted on for a couple weeks tops, and the remaining 40% are well meaning but under resourced. That’s the kind of plan that will get things done in America.
Not sure how long you been on HF but I been here 22+ years and from day one I’ve consistently pushed my 80:20 theory.

you couldn’t get over then 80% of the population to agree we breathe air.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We have a weird f***ed up situation in my little town.
Post office worker working the counter in the post office...
That is key “ in the post office”.

Refuses to wear a mask.

Public entering must wear one. Postal workers out in public must wear one.

But this guy won’t because the Federal Govt has not made it mandatory to do so in Federal building like post office and he knows his rights.

f***ing bizzaro world.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

you get the number if mandated and heavy fines or jail time if not abided by.

Like drunk driving .

Reactions: Ladyfan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/north-korea-declares-emergency-as-first-covid-19-case-reported/

SEOUL – North Korean leader Kim Jong Un declared an emergency and a lockdown in a border town after a person suspected of being infected with the novel coronavirus returned from South Korea after illegally crossing the border, state media said on Sunday.

If confirmed, it would be the first case officially acknowledged by North Korean authorities.

they are guy totally going to test an anti-aircraft missile on that guy

In fairness to that civilian he probably has no idea what’s happening in the outside world

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
you get the number if mandated and heavy fines or jail time if not abided by.

Like drunk driving .
After a while it’s no big thing anyways

it’s a safety issue

my gym is pretty hard core and many of friends in there are far to the right, this is a hoax blah blah but they know they ain’t lifting if they aren’t working out

I’m only going 10-12 weekdays two days when minimal and they do a great job - and I see those guys and with no one really around watching they carefully spray and wipe everything down, wear there mask, make consistent trips to hand sanitizer

they may talk tough but their actions are commendable- they aren’t just wearing because the owner posted a sign and would kick their ass out

What’s so hard about wearing a mask

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So apparently the new thing to hoard are trash bags. Wegmans has limited the purchase to both to 1 per customer.

As someone who uses both kitchen trash bags and the giant heavy duty ones, I was a bit miffed. I guess I'll have to get some from Target.

I also wish the Governor world reinforce the rules at grocery stores because I had to tell a guy to step back when he hit my back with his carriage as I was checking out. I'm sure my face said it all because he quickly stepped back.

For the most part they've done a great job with the exception of normal sized bags of carrots and celery. I'm one person, I don't eat enough carrots and celery to justify the family sized packs I bought.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We have a weird f***ed up situation in my little town.
Post office worker working the counter in the post office...
That is key “ in the post office”.

Refuses to wear a mask.

Public entering must wear one. Postal workers out in public must wear one.
But this guy won’t because the Federal Govt has not made it mandatory to do so in Federal building like post office and he knows his rights.

f***ing bizzaro world.

There's always one selfish person who has to make themselves the story instead of doing the right thing.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There's always one selfish person who has to make themselves the story instead of doing the right thing.
Screenshot_20200726-092927_Twitter.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So apparently the new thing to hoard are trash bags. Wegmans has limited the purchase to both to 1 per customer.

As someone who uses both kitchen trash bags and the giant heavy duty ones, I was a bit miffed. I guess I'll have to get some from Target.

I also wish the Governor world reinforce the rules at grocery stores because I had to tell a guy to step back when he hit my back with his carriage as I was checking out. I'm sure my face said it all because he quickly stepped back.

For the most part they've done a great job with the exception of normal sized bags of carrots and celery. I'm one person, I don't eat enough carrots and celery to justify the family sized packs I bought.
Shaws loaded with them

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Did my usual Sunday morning grocery shopping, and at Big Y in Old Lyme there’s a lady shopping with no mask. Not like a mask around her neck, just nothing. I double taked because I was astonished, but and she stared back with a “yeah? You got a problem?” Look. I really wanted to say something but it seemed like the argument was exactly what she wanted so I paid, left and never looked back. I feel bad for those Big Y workers....

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad