OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Up in the white mts today. Hiked Bald Mt and Artists Bluff, then over to Arethusa Falls. I’m roasted but it was much needed. Sitting down at Woodstock Inn/Brewery for earlyish dinner now, hoping to hit Hobo Hills for mini golf after this.

last time we were up here, Kobe passed. Today, Regis. No more New Hampshire i guess.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
By almost any measure — ubiquity, longevity, versatility, popularity — he succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of a stickball-playing kid from the Bronx. Near the end of his career, Forbes put his net worth at $150 million, and Guinness World Records said he was the most-watched person in television history, with more than 17,000 hours of airtime — equivalent to two full years, night and day. (The previous holder of that record, Hugh Downs, died this month.)

Regis Philbin, TV’s Indignant Everyman, Dies at 88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I haven’t been around a bit - as some know I’m a special ops agent and my work can leave me cut off from what is going on around the US.

Two questions

1. what is going on with Pastrnak

2. is this real or a spoof?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
In sad bit of fate, Monday's episode of Jeopardy! is scheduled to be a rerun of a 1992 Celebrity Jeopardy! where Regis played against Carol Burnett and Donna Mills. Alex has been introducing the episodes with brief taped bits from home - I wonder if they'll move this episode back a few days so he can retape the intro to dedicate the show to Regis.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no

109909452_10221605053608376_8349183016241871331_n.jpg

Reactions: DKH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
grades 9-12 i agree should be remote.
but in my opinion k-6 should open up no problems. if parents have a peoblem with it, they can opt for remote learning.

Can you imagine the school bus driver trying to get the kids K-6 to social distance and wear a mask while driving the bus? I can't. That's a problem.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There needs to be some return to normalcy by late 2020 or early 2021 or industries will completely collapse.

we can have relative normalcy if everybody wears their mask and abides by certain precautions

Here is the thing though- they can open everything up but if the population doesn’t feel safe it does no good. You’re always gonna get the idiots like the 60 ppl at a cape house party this past weekend but if the majority of the population is too concerned with the virus opening up doesnt do a whole lot for these businesses

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
There needs to be some return to normalcy by late 2020 or early 2021 or industries will completely collapse.

I think you just said what will happen if the U.S. continues on the path it is on. There is enough proof that masks and social distancing is the only immediate answer. This political crap must go and science must prevail. 177

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
we can have relative normalcy if everybody wears their mask and abides by certain precautions

Here is the thing though- they can open everything up but if the population doesn’t feel safe it does no good. You’re always gonna get the idiots like the 60 ppl at a cape house party this past weekend but if the majority of the population is too concerned with the virus opening up doesnt do a whole lot for these businesses

Winner

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No one is curling up in a fetal position. But too many are not doing what they should to help slow down this virus.

Good Lord.

I am still working every damn day .
The problem is all the insecure yahoo’s who ‘I’m an American blah blah blah I don’t have to wear a mask.’

if everyone did their part we would probably saved 100,000 lives but we have garbage leadership who didn’t set an example - um, a good example.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The problem is all the insecure yahoo’s who ‘I’m an American blah blah blah I don’t have to wear a mask.’

if everyone did their part we would probably saved 100,000 lives but we have garbage leadership who didn’t set an example - um, a good example.

Gotta distrust those intellectuals. I ain't wearing a face mask. Sad.

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad