OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just watched Captain Blood last week. RIP
Starring Errol Flynn

My mother used to call me Errol Flynn when I was a kid. Every time I was faking sick to get a mental health day off as a yute she somehow was on to me and would call me Errol Flynn.

She would give us this bell to ring whenever we were sick and I’d hit the couch on my Flynn-like symptom days drinking ginger ale ice cream floats starting with Major Mudd right thru to Dark Shadows

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
H45BCDGDAQI6NF66AO3LLK6JSQ.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Hurricane in Texas apparently removed portions of the Border Wall.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Forgot that was still a thing.
When we were kids we would go out in woods or in vacant lots in our development and build forts and tree houses - those border fences looked exactly like what got blown away in Texas

I’m ready for this Netflix 4 season run to end this Fall with a bang

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
After watching what happened with the Marlins, I wonder if sports coming back now is the right thing to do.
I feel the same way but I think the NBA and NHL have done it the right way and so far it seems to be working.

I'm not shocked about the Marlins. Miami is the new epicenter.

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I feel the same way but I think the NBA and NHL have done it the right way and so far it seems to be working.

the reports aren't Miami, but Atlanta's Braves being the potential epicenter as 2 Braves players developed it

Yankees get an unexpected day off too as Philadelphia isn't there from Ken Rosenthal

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yeah, they've put people in the bubbles but there are already a ton of stories about players violating those rules for food and strip club visits. You can't legislate out the human factor, which is why I fear this is going to be bad.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
the reports aren't Miami, but Atlanta's Braves being the potential epicenter as 2 Braves players developed it

Yankees get an unexpected day off too as Philadelphia isn't there from Ken Rosenthal
Miami the city is an epicenter not the team itself.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yeah, they've put people in the bubbles but there are already a ton of stories about players violating those rules for food and strip club visits. You can't legislate out the human factor, which is why I fear this is going to be bad.
While I don't doubt NBA players are violating rules, I don't think we will have to worry about the NHL guys.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and LSCII

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
After watching what happened with the Marlins, I wonder if sports coming back now is the right thing to do.
I still would go through with it but proceed with caution regarding it. It’s in a bubble if the players follow the rules they have a fighting chance of pulling it off. MLB so much flying in and out makes it difficult. I would be stunned if they finish but I hope they do. Football can because it’s once a week , less travel plus byes . IMO

Reactions: BMC and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad